My 1st princess cruise my wife's 2nd

Badgeaz

So I was concerned that my wife who just cruised alaska on the ruby with her mom was gonna say we are booking with someone else cause I was hearing mixed reviews from her when she called me from the ports. It turns out her mom hated everything. From getting sick the 1st day at sea to not wanting to spend much time in the ports other than the whale excursion in juneau to the food.. So my wife is like I need a vacation from my trip with my mom. So me and her 10 day southern on the crown out of ft lauderdale inside cabin riveria deck front of ship dec 7th embarking. This will be my 1st princess cruise

So I was concerned that my wife who just cruised alaska on the ruby with her mom was gonna say we are booking with someone else cause I was hearing mixed reviews from her when she called me from the ports. It turns out her mom hated everything. From getting sick the 1st day at sea to not wanting to spend much time in the ports other than the whale excursion in juneau to the food.. So my wife is like I need a vacation from my trip with my mom. So me and her 10 day southern on the crown out of ft lauderdale inside cabin riveria deck front of ship dec 7th embarking. This will be my 1st princess cruise
Very excited for you. Have a fantastic trip[emoji1]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Forums mobile app

Excellent!! Ha a vacation from a vacation. :D

I've had people ask me why I need a vacation if I'm retired. Okay, I can see that retirement is essentially a vacation but it's good to do things other than simply sit at home. I can't wait for my next "vacation" in November.

OP: Enjoy your cruise. It took my wife many years to get me to go on a cruise. I didn't want to go and knew for certain I would hate everything about it. Nope. One was all it took to get me hooked. I hope you have the same experience! (I feel sorry for your wife having to be on a cruise with someone who hated everything. Hopefully she will love this cruise. Be nice to her and don't complain even if there is something that bugs you.. :D)

The nice thing is it looks like the crown is a sister ship of the ruby? So my wife can be the tour guide

you might want to explore changing your forward inside on Riveria to an aft on the same floor...then closer and out the "secret" door to the aft adult pool, outrigger bar, and the buffet for quick snacks...just a thought...we always try to book back there.:cool:

you might want to explore changing your forward inside on Riveria to an aft on the same floor...then closer and out the "secret" door to the aft adult pool, outrigger bar, and the buffet for quick snacks...just a thought...we always try to book back there.:cool:

Just be careful to check what is above you on the Riviera deck on this ship. If under a cabin or an area that is carpeted, you should be ok. I think the room up front is a better choice on this deck but am a light sleeper so don’t like hearing deck chairs, footsteps, kitchen noises, etc. over my head. There are some decent rooms, even in the aft area ...just chose one carefully.

Will princesss offer me upgrades now that the cruise is paid or will they send my ta an offer to contact me

Any upsell offer or free upgrade notice would be sent to the TA. However, if it is a free upgrade notice you should be able to see the upgrade in the Personalizer even if the TA did not contact you.

Have a great cruise!! The Crown is a nice ship. I hope you enjoy it as well!

I spent a week in Alaska with my mom, my mother-in-law, and my daughter in side by side ocean view cabins. I definitely needed a vacation from the vacation! :D

It was a lovely ship, and a great crew (2 years ago).