Tampa early

mcftlf

It's been 10 years since we have cruised. On a 5 day aboard the Paradise soon.

We have a early morning flight arriving in Tampa at 7:30 the day of our cruise. What can we do so early in Tampa with no car toting suitcases? Planning to Uber from airport to publix near the port for soft drinks. How soon can we get IN the port? Traveling in a suite so we have VIP check in.

Any thoughts are appreciated

It's been 10 years since we have cruised. On a 5 day aboard the Paradise soon.

We have a early morning flight arriving in Tampa at 7:30 the day of our cruise. What can we do so early in Tampa with no car toting suitcases? Planning to Uber from airport to publix near the port for soft drinks. How soon can we get IN the port? Traveling in a suite so we have VIP check in.

Any thoughts are appreciated

Thanks for this question! I'm sailing on the Paradise on 4/15 ... any chance that's your date? I arrive around 9 a.m. that morning and was planning on a cab to the port but was told to try Uber. I've never done Uber so I'm a little hesitant.

The port is in Channelside which is basically downtown. You could get coffee somewhere down there (Starbucks, Ginger Beard, and Victory Coffee come to mind) or take the streetcar that runs through there to Ybor (the historic district). There are a lot of Cuban coffee/cigar places down there. You could also take a walk on the Riverwalk which is near the port, but you might want to give your bags to a porter first if possible.

The port is in Channelside which is basically downtown. You could get coffee somewhere down there (Starbucks, Ginger Beard, and Victory Coffee come to mind) or take the streetcar that runs through there to Ybor (the historic district). There are a lot of Cuban coffee/cigar places down there. You could also take a walk on the Riverwalk which is near the port, but you might want to give your bags to a porter first if possible.

I went to Ybor in January ... what a cute town!!! If you go there, hit Tampa Brewing Company ... yum!!

Thanks for this question! I'm sailing on the Paradise on 4/15 ... any chance that's your date? I arrive around 9 a.m. that morning and was planning on a cab to the port but was told to try Uber. I've never done Uber so I'm a little hesitant.

We are actually sailing this weekend. As far as Uber...I was a little concerned also but- after using it multiple times in San Diego last year...I'm hooked.

As mentioned above, the Tampa Cruise Port is located very near the city center. There is a lovely pedestrian walkway that runs along the waterfront just west of the cruise port. Once you've checked in your bags at the cruise terminal, you could enjoy a walk to the Tampa Convention Centre and beyond (depending on how much time you have available).

http://cruiseports.ca/america/tampa.html

Thank you. That helps! The porters start working about the same time the terminal opens?

I went to Ybor in January ... what a cute town!!! If you go there, hit Tampa Brewing Company ... yum!!

Late flight out on the way home so, we are renting a car and heading to Ybor city. Got to have a 1905 salad since we are so close!

As mentioned above, the Tampa Cruise Port is located very near the city center. There is a lovely pedestrian walkway that runs along the waterfront just west of the cruise port. Once you've checked in your bags at the cruise terminal, you could enjoy a walk to the Tampa Convention Centre and beyond (depending on how much time you have available).

http://cruiseports.ca/america/tampa.html

Thanks for the info and the link!

Ybor is nice. There is a Miller's Ale house, Cheesecake Factory, and La Terrisita(sp?) not far from the airport. As far as Uber or Left both are safe and there are many drivers parked in the cell phone parking lot. Also, ride share is now legal in Tampa.