Sun Princess...More Questions

2Canucks

I'm boarding the Sun Princess on Oct 8, 2017 and have a few questions.

Can you walk all around the Promenade Deck without going up/down stairs?

Which Dining Room is used for Anytime Dining?

Shops (jewelry etc) onboard?

Free Dry Cleaning for Elites onboard...do they press the items too at No Charge?

Is there any Quiet Sunning Areas with lounges...Not by the pool?

Closet space in a Balcony Cabin...similiar in size to closet area on the Crown Princess?

Thank You in advance for any info you can share with me.

Pat :)

I'm boarding the Sun Princess on Oct 8, 2017 and have a few questions.

Can you walk all around the Promenade Deck without going up/down stairs?

Yes

Which Dining Room is used for Anytime Dining?

Shops (jewelry etc) onboard?

Yes

Free Dry Cleaning for Elites onboard...do they press the items too at No Charge?

Is there any Quiet Sunning Areas with lounges...Not by the pool?

Aft on deck 14, sometimes up by the Sanctuary on deck 15, and the Sanctuary itself if you are prepared to pay extra.

Closet space in a Balcony Cabin...similiar in size to closet area on the Crown Princess?

No. The Sun class ships have a medium-sized closet, opposite the bathroom door, with hanging space, plus shelves on one side of that.

Thank You in advance for any info you can share with me.

Pat :)

Hope that helps.

A couple of additional answers although I cannot answer which dining room is used for Anytime because it has just been brought in.

Shops - clothing and assorted items (handbags and sovenirs), a shop with make-up, face creams and perfume and a shop with watches. The jewellery shop has changed from Facets to Effy. A lot of Effy jewellery features coloured stones.

Dry cleaning - I think proper 'dry cleaning' was discontinued a couple of years ago. I believe you can send items out to be pressed. Just note that on the laundry slip.

Another quiet deck area is at the aft end of the ship on deck 11. A good spot to go to watch the sail in to a port is at the front of deck 9, 10 or 11.

As the others said, the promenade on deck 7 is all one level right around the ship. (Love that feature.) Deck 7 is also a good spot for people watching or just looking out at the ocean. The deck is wide enough for lay-down lounges. Enjoy.:)

Old school promenade for sure. :D

Haven't sailed on Sun but the promenade should be the same as on Sea Princess. Our first cruise was on Sea Princess and it had the most wonderful, wide promenade. My wife loved that she could use an actual lounger and there was still lots of space for people to walk. It was a surprise (and a disappointment) when we found that not all the Princess ships had that fantastic promenade. We sailed in the tiniest inside cabin one can imagine. It was almost all the way forward on Aloha and was only 135 square feet. As a contrast inside cabins on Emerald Princess are listed at 162 square feet. We had a fantastic cruise and became hooked.

Almost 100 nights on Sun Princess ( just like home).

Anytime dining is now on level 6 - forget name of restaurant.

Yes you can fully walk Promenade deck providing ship not refilling or using tenders from that side of ship or crew working on some part of it.

Can't answer about laundry as just become Elite so haven't used it before

Can't comment on closet size as not had balcony or cruised on Crown Princess but adequate closet and draws in inside cabins so presume it would be similar or more for balcony.

If I cruise in inside cabins I can do more cruises and I spend little time in a cabin.

Feel free to ask any other questions about the Sun - was only on her 2 months ago.:D

Almost 100 nights on Sun Princess ( just like home).

Anytime dining is now on level 6 - forget name of restaurant.

Yes you can fully walk Promenade deck providing ship not refilling or using tenders from that side of ship or crew working on some part of it.

Can't answer about laundry as just become Elite so haven't used it before

Can't comment on closet size as not had balcony or cruised on Crown Princess but adequate closet and draws in inside cabins so presume it would be similar or more for balcony.

If I cruise in inside cabins I can do more cruises and I spend little time in a cabin.

Feel free to ask any other questions about the Sun - was only on her 2 months ago.:D

Kate...

Do you remember the Daily Gratitude amount charged in AUS funds for your interior cabin.

For the first 28 day cruise I'm sharing a Balcony cabin with a travel girlfriend then I move to an interior cabin for the rest of my trip. I am like you ...now book interior cabins if travelling solo ( now a widow). Since solo cruisers have to pay for 2 people it makes sense to me....can't justify paying double for a Balcony cabin just for me. Get to cruise more if I book an interior cabin! :)

Thanks Everyone for your info!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

2Canucks

Sorry I can't help you as being an Australian on our "Australian" ship we do not pay gratuities - they have to be built into the full cost of our cruise, by law.

I have heard that depending on country where the cruise was booked as to if you have to pay gratuities, ie upfront costs can vary by country.

Suggest if no one else can answer you get TA or email Princess in Australia to ask your question info@princesscruises.com.au

Dry cleaning - I think proper 'dry cleaning' was discontinued a couple of years ago. I believe you can send items out to be pressed. Just note that on the laundry slip.

Even on land traditional "dry cleaning" no longer exists due to the chemicals involved and the environment.

For the equivalent of "dry cleaning" the laundry ship has a column labeled "Cleaning."

But as to the question about free pressing for Elites, the answer is yes.

More Questions...

Do I need to bring an Adapter for my Pre Cruise Hotel Stay and for onboard?

I am Canadian ...not sure of the wiring down under?!

Where will the Elite Lounge be held on the Sun Princess?

New to me...New Zealand Ice Cream Location...Free or Fee?

Will the same NZ ice cream be offered in the Dining Room for dessert?

Appreciate all the info that has been shared. :)

More Questions...

Do I need to bring an Adapter for my Pre Cruise Hotel Stay and for onboard?

I am Canadian ...not sure of the wiring down under?!

Where will the Elite Lounge be held on the Sun Princess?

New to me...New Zealand Ice Cream Location...Free or Fee?

Will the same NZ ice cream be offered in the Dining Room for dessert?

Appreciate all the info that has been shared. :)

Australia and NZ operate on 240 volt with a different shaped plug to North America. Most electrical devices that need recharging can work from 110 to 240 volt, but check your items that you might want to re-charge. You will need an adaptor plug that will plug into the Australian socket and allow your North American electrical device to plug into it. These adapator plugs are very easy to find in retail electrical stores and even at the airport, but they will be more expensive at the airport.

No Elite Lounge on the Sun Princess. New Zealand ice cream is on deck 12 just aft of the pool (on the port side). The icecream is good, but it is not free. The icecream in the dining room is home-made (not NZ icecream) and it is good as usual.