Post a Picture of Your Dress (Part 3)

Host Kat

Love dress picture threads! I posted some other dresses in the original thread. I wear a dress every night.

I'll post my 2 formal dresses I wore on my last cruise:

This first dress I bought new for our honeymoon. I bought it to "replace" my old beaded prom dress I was wearing on cruises. I wanted more of a classic beaded dress. (my prom one was blue beaded)

I LOVE the grey dress, so beautiful

1. Alaska: Sparkly black sweater/black dress pants

2. Med: Sleeveless full length blue dress from Macy's.

3. Baltic: Gold bodice with chiffon skirt tea-length.

4. Canada: Red/Gold Sparkly sweater/red dress pants.

I apologize - they aren't all dresses, but the sparkly sweaters work for packing, when the dress pants are worn with other tops for dinner in the MBR. I couldn't find a photo of a lovely beaded black dress that I also wore last year in Canada - just my head in the formal night photos!!

I haven't decided what to do about our upcoming voyage of the vikings - 35 days. Perhaps a silver dress for "Iceland" and a green one for "Greenland"!!

Sheila

1088211727_8-1-10Alaskamomscamera(93).jpg.27940dd11eca53f51c14463cf0c0f277.jpg

273179671_balticcruise2012ky153.jpg.1e1ed9839e2b5d403270c4a35a40544b.jpg

559.jpg.e96665a77b6405c748be47384be516dd.jpg

363.jpg.bbe69a919c3dd46bc86541b97d9da64f.jpg

CruisingGatorGirl:

Both of your dresses are gorgeous and you wear them well. The two of you make a very charming couple. Congrats on your marriage. Would love to see pictures of both of you from your wedding day.

Love dress picture threads! I posted some other dresses in the original thread. I wear a dress every night.

This first dress I bought new for our honeymoon. I bought it to "replace" my old beaded prom dress I was wearing on cruises. I wanted more of a classic beaded dress. (my prom one was blue beaded)

I LOVE the grey dress, so beautiful

Thank you both SO much!

To see pictures from our wedding day, this is a public facebook album anyone can see :)

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151842475397142.1073741901.63953597141&type=3

And there are a few pics here from CC:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1700095&page=22

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1700095&page=23

I've never had the luck that many here have at Ross. But I was with my best friend earlier this week and she wanted to go to Ross. I found a new formal with a jacket to take on our cruise next week. Its a petite and I had to find shoes flat enough to wear with it. I probably won't wear the jacket its lined and feels heavy and I have had hot flashes since my mid 20's. But at $35 it came at a great time. Maybe my luck at Ross is turning.

redir?resid=E437D84E07F16D74!4368&authkey=!AM8UWXt2c1RGQ3g&v=3&ithint=photo%2c.jpg

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=E437D84E07F16D74!4368&authkey=!AM8UWXt2c1RGQ3g&v=3&ithint=photo%2c.jpg

Edited by LittleJeanne

I've never had the luck that many here have at Ross. But I was with my best friend earlier this week and she wanted to go to Ross. I found a new formal with a jacket to take on our cruise next week. Its a petite and I had to find shoes flat enough to wear with it. I probably won't wear the jacket its lined and feels heavy and I have had hot flashes since my mid 20's. But at $35 it came at a great time. Maybe my luck at Ross is turning.

redir?resid=E437D84E07F16D74!4368&authkey=!AM8UWXt2c1RGQ3g&v=3&ithint=photo%2c.jpg

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=E437D84E07F16D74!4368&authkey=!AM8UWXt2c1RGQ3g&v=3&ithint=photo%2c.jpg

That is really pretty and I love the color!

enjoy it on the cruise,

Gerry

I followed part two of this thread and got lots of great ideas. Thanks to you ladies, I got brave enough to order the sapphire blue dress attached from ebay [cici golden fashion]. I also ordered a Lands End LBD.

I knitted a very pretty beaded shawlette from grey silk/bamboo yarn that will be beautiful with the black, but I guess I'm going to have to go buy some yummy yarn [oh darn] to make one to go with the sapphire blue....oh wait - I have some already - silvery silk. I better get needles clicking!

778041263_cruisedress.jpg.3ec68fd7256d00c72eff3f9c6dfda84b.jpg

Edited by Mytime2014

Love this dress! I'll have to check out Macy's again..I did find a great Sue Wong dress to wear at my daughters wedding but love pewter!

13568027493_f205929cd8.jpg

DSC06655

13568054733_e0c9b08610.jpg

fittingroom

This second dress is my homecoming dress from 2002. Just a simple black one shoulder. The back is open.

DSC05864

(don't know why I am so red, but you can see the back)

back

That's a great looking dress! You'll look great!

Michelle:)

I followed part two of this thread and got lots of great ideas. Thanks to you ladies, I got brave enough to order the sapphire blue dress attached from ebay [cici golden fashion]. I also ordered a Lands End LBD.

I knitted a very pretty beaded shawlette from grey silk/bamboo yarn that will be beautiful with the black, but I guess I'm going to have to go buy some yummy yarn [oh darn] to make one to go with the sapphire blue....oh wait - I have some already - silvery silk. I better get needles clicking!

Wow! 35$??? you really scored! I never seem to find dresses at Ross, do find accessories at times...

Your wedding looked magical! Congrats..we just celebrated 40yrs..I wish you both the same!

Michelle:)

Thank you both SO much!

To see pictures from our wedding day, this is a public facebook album anyone can see :)

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151842475397142.1073741901.63953597141&type=3

And there are a few pics here from CC:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1700095&page=22

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1700095&page=23

I know maxi dresses are really popular. I have a purple velvet cocktail dress (with a little cute shrug to go with it) that is years old. I did take it on one of our first cruises, but wondering what you all thought. I will see if I can dig up a picture of it..

I know maxi dresses are really popular. I have a purple velvet cocktail dress (with a little cute shrug to go with it) that is years old. I did take it on one of our first cruises, but wondering what you all thought. I will see if I can dig up a picture of it..

I'm not sure I would wear velvet in the Med if that's where you are going. Too wintry a fabric.

This morning I had Walt take my picture with my new Coldwater Creek Gold Sequin Dress on. This will definitely be coming on the next cruise.

bbf00d87-71bf-4fc3-a36c-b1707cee9158_zps4648a471.jpg

Lisa

This dress looks GREAT on you!! I knew it would when you ordered it but so glad to see that it worked out.

The black gladiators give it an edgy look which can be fun. But you could also dress it up with a gold heel or sandal.