3 adults in one room?

neugle

I have done this with no problems. Even done 4 mid 20s women for a bachelorette cruise. I think that for active/easily mobile normal weight people it is not an issue. If someone is obese or has mobility issues such as cannot quickly sidestep others or scramble over the bed if someone is blocking their way or scramble up into a bunk then a lot more patience would be required.

I have done this with no problems. Even done 4 mid 20s women for a bachelorette cruise. I think that for active/easily mobile normal weight people it is not an issue. If someone is obese or has mobility issues such as cannot quickly sidestep others or scramble over the bed if someone is blocking their way or scramble up into a bunk then a lot more patience would be required.

I've never been in a cabin so small that one fat person would fill it - or even fill the gap between beds. Anyway, there's no necessity for two or three people to move about at once - just stagger dressing times.

I've not only done it in the past, but plan to do it again in December. We usually have two to a cabin, but if the occasion arises where there are five of us traveling, we've done it and it wasn't a problem. It's going to be the same as you....me and my two daughters. We actually have a lot of fun with it. We treat it like we are having a slumber party....for adults. Late at night, we order some snacks from room service, grab a bottle of wine and sit on the balcony giggling. I get up earlier than they do so I slip out and go down and have coffee before they wake. I have a bag by the door and I go to the gym to wash up and get my make-up on (not to use the gym...lol). We usually sleep in gym shorts and a t-shirt, which makes it easy to go out of the cabin to the gym or to grab coffee. We're pretty organized so that helps, and we coordinate our packing list. One of us brings the hair dryer, one brings the flat iron. First one goes to shower for the evening and the other two get their things organized ready to go shower and to get the things laid out for the one that's in the shower to come out and dry her hair and do her make-up. #2 showers and by the time she is finished showering,#1 has finished using the hair dryer and mirror (dresser) #3 is on the balcony while #1 dresses. #1 gets the balcony alone while #2 and #3 continue the rotation. We decide each night who is #1, #2, #3. We each carry one of the cardboard folded boxes (from the dollar store). Lays completely flat in the bottom of the suitcase. We put our make-up, hair brushes and various items needed to get ready. It sits under the sink in the bathroom, so we have it in there to shower, then we grab it and put it on the dresser while getting ready so that everything we need is with us instead of needing something in the bathroom while someone is trying to shower. We do the same thing when there's just two of us sharing a room, but it is TWICE as valuable when there are 3 of us. When we go in June, there will be two of us to a cabin (total of 4 of us), and we have adjoining cabins. We always keep the doors open so we're used to being together to get ready. Works out perfectly. We aren't worried about it at all. Enjoy being together.:)

We do it all the time. We book a balcony cabin looking for those that have a pull out couch and not a pull down. Depending on the cruise ship you might have to go up to a junior suite, but the third person is reduced. If you or your sister are young and don't mind climbing up the pull down isn't bad, just that we are all over 60 so we prefer the couch. Sometimes they keep the couch made up during the day, if you prefer it to go back to couch mode say so to your steward, same goes if you choose the pull down bunk option. Yes, the bathrooms are small but they are small whether it is one in the room or 4. Don't book 2 inside rooms paying a higher single price, book a better room instead. The difference split 3 ways isn't all that much.

We prefer the pull-down beds, but that's just personal preference. The pull-out sofa isn't the same as the ones in a hotel. They sort of pull out sideways and aren't as roomy and I felt like I was on the floor sleeping the one time I used it. With the pull down, we also ask that they leave it pulled down during the day. That way, if we decide to come to the room for a nap or to watch a movie, it's just easier if we each have a place to stretch out...but again, just personal preference. I think you'll be fine.

I am not sure what cruise line you are going on but I would say yes it will be ok if you are going on Carnival. Carnival's rooms are typically larger. Do an Oceanview room if you can on the main deck of one of the Conquest class ships. These rooms are 220 square feet. Someone mentioned that you should do a balcony but I think the Oceanview is better in your case. Two reasons: 1. This will be cheaper. 2. Regular balconies are 185 square feet of "living area" and 35 square feet of balcony. Having the oceanview you will get 220 square feet of "living area".

Go for it and have fun.