RCI drydock schedule

I believe that it's at 20 yrs old when that starts - all Vision class are now of that vintage. Grandeur is already on that schedule.

Thanks. Couldn’t remember if it was 15 or 20.

Also just found out that it is 2 inspections (drydocks) every 5 years with a maximum time between inspections of 36 months.

This means that the projected Oct/November drydock for Rhapsody meets the requirements as her last drydock was Nov. 2016.

All of Allures April 2020 Caribbean sailings have been cancelled. Looks like they are adjusting her itineraries so she can do the Westbound TA in April. Whether or not the drydock is in the spring or fall remains to be seen.

Anyone booked on those April cruises should just wait until Royal calls with an offer to move you to a different date. If you move on your own before the call you won’t get any compensation.

Gay posted in our RollCall that her TA got a call from RCI and that they told the TA that the April ‘20 cruises for the Allure were not canceled. They said that it was a problem with their website. (I’m just shocked! SHOCKED!!! [emoji849][emoji6])

What do you say, Ourusualbeach?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Gay posted in our RollCall that her TA got a call from RCI and that they told the TA that the April ‘20 cruises for the Allure were not canceled. They said that it was a problem with their website. (I’m just shocked! SHOCKED!!! [emoji849][emoji6])

What do you say, Ourusualbeach?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I say if you trust what the reps tell you then I have a bridge in New York that I can sell you.:D

I’ve been through this before. The reps know nothing until the redeployment department in Miami releases the information. I’ve actually been told in one case that the bookings were closed because they were assigning the crew to cabins.:rolleyes:

I don’t blame the TA, they are just passing on incorrect information. Every year probably close to a dozen ships get chartered/redeployed and you see the same comments posted here about the reps telling them it’s nothing and they are just doing inventory maintenance. Hang tight and wait for Royal to notify you before you cancel.

I say if you trust what the reps tell you then I have a bridge in New York that I can sell you.:D...

...Hang tight and wait for Royal to notify you before you cancel.

I was very involved with a Disney message board for years. Believe me, I’ve had much experience with the posters knowing things long in advance of the Disney cast members. I figured that it was very similar with RCI and the CC boards.

I’m not canceling anything yet. As you’re aware, I have a long time to wait.

Thanks! [emoji4]

PS - Mind if I call you Ken? I see other posters doing so.

I’m Beth, btw.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I was very involved with a Disney message board for years. Believe me, I’ve had much experience with the posters knowing things long in advance of the Disney cast members. I figured that it was very similar with RCI and the CC boards.

I’m not canceling anything yet. As you’re aware, I have a long time to wait.

Thanks! [emoji4]

PS - Mind if I call you Ken? I see other posters doing so.

I’m Beth, btw.

You can absolutely call me Ken.:)

I say if you trust what the reps tell you then I have a bridge in New York that I can sell you.:D

I’ve been through this before. The reps know nothing until the redeployment department in Miami releases the information. I’ve actually been told in one case that the bookings were closed because they were assigning the crew to cabins.:rolleyes:

I don’t blame the TA, they are just passing on incorrect information. Every year probably close to a dozen ships get chartered/redeployed and you see the same comments posted here about the reps telling them it’s nothing and they are just doing inventory maintenance. Hang tight and wait for Royal to notify you before you cancel.

Yeah, really. Couple years ago learned about my 13n Rhapsody Repo being canceled here on CC. Jumped on the Alternate ship Royal was offering OBC, scored a prime Aft/corner Cabin on Serenade all before cabins got scooped up. This 2 weeks before received the Official Royal statement from that Rhap was canceled with Serenade being the offered alt ship...

Edited by ONECRUISER

Yeah, really. Couple years ago learned about my 13n Rhapsody Repo being canceled here on CC. Jumped on the Alternate ship Royal was offering OBC, scored a prime Aft/corner Cabin on Serenade all before cabins got scooped up. This 2 weeks before received the Official Royal statement from that Rhap was canceled with Serenade being the offered alt ship...

Did you get any compensation from RCI since you booked before they let you know officially about the cancellation of your Repo?

Edited by CookieDiva
Double quote???

Thanks. Couldn’t remember if it was 15 or 20.

Also just found out that it is 2 inspections (drydocks) every 5 years with a maximum time between inspections of 36 months.

This means that the projected Oct/November drydock for Rhapsody meets the requirements as her last drydock was Nov. 2016.

Yes, it's not defined as "every 2.5 years", but as "twice in 5 years", with as you say, a maximum of 36 months between, so it could be 2 years then 3 years, or 3 years and then 2 years, or any time in between. And, it is at 15 years that the allowance to do underwater inspections in lieu of the mid-period drydock starts, so the mid-period drydocks begin at 17.5 +- years. The 5 year interval has leeway on the earlier side, but not on the later side. Certificates (and the ship's ability to sail) run out on a drop dead date based on the last 5 year docking.

Beth when she called and told me that, I said to myself, that is nonsense I rely more on the information I get from CC then what the cruise. lines tell my TA or myself. Our cruise you and I were booked for, April 26th, 2020. apparently is still showing on the Web Site my TA uses

Gay

Did you get any compensation from RCI since you booked before they let you know officially about the cancellation of your Repo?

Yes was able. They just switched my lost cruise Confirmation # to the new cruise. Used same Royal Planner over 4yrs, just had text & he took care of it. Serenade was the only cruise replacement offered, price protected so actually saved $1200 over what Serenade Repo was going for at the time. Lost one nite, only 12 when Rhap was to be 13nite. Both cabins were Aft Jr Suites & got $450 OBC...

Yes was able. They just switched my lost cruise Confirmation # to the new cruise.

I hope that it's so easy for me. But I have the added element of being booked through RCI for our original cruise and booking with a TA for the second cruise.

Talk about 1st world problems. Spending so much time and concern over who will service our cruise planning - the company or our TA.

Yes, I obsess too much.

One cruiser, if I am offered the Serenade I will probably decline and ask for something else. Sadly on our TA this past Aug and 4 days from Boston, my DH suffered a heart attack. Staff & cruise was wonderful but doubt I will book with the Serenade for that reason. Time will tell.

Beth you all set with your new booking.

Gay

One cruiser, if I am offered the Serenade I will probably decline and ask for something else. Sadly on our TA this past Aug and 4 days from Boston, my DH suffered a heart attack. Staff & cruise was wonderful but doubt I will book with the Serenade for that reason. Time will tell.

Beth you all set with your new booking.

Gay

Gay, from past experience you don’t have to worry about them offering the Serenade as an alternative. They usually stick to ships of the same class, doing roughly the same itinerary and close to the same price point. I’d be very surprised if they offered anything other than alternate dates on the Allure or similar dates on the Oasis for the price protected sailings.

DryDock

Voyager Of The Seas: 10 September to 14 October 2019 (Royal Amplification)

Quantum Of The Seas: 19 October to 16 November 2019 ( Adding 2 Tender Boats and more)

Are life boats called tender boats or are they adding tender boats?

There's usually only one reason to add tender boats.......

Biker, who wonders where and how many cabins will be added.

Are life boats called tender boats or are they adding tender boats?

Lifeboats can be strictly a lifeboat, or it can be a lifeboat/tender boat for dual use.

All of Quantum's boats appear to be the same (going off photos, never been on it), so perhaps they are exchanging two lifeboats for two tender/lifeboats. Planning on new ports requiring ship's tenders?

Lifeboats can be strictly a lifeboat, or it can be a lifeboat/tender boat for dual use.

All of Quantum's boats appear to be the same (going off photos, never been on it), so perhaps they are exchanging two lifeboats for two tender/lifeboats. Planning on new ports requiring ship's tenders?

That’s what I wondered.

Planning on new ports requiring ship's tenders?

Don't think any that they have not already been to, though I suppose if they have had capacity issues at some tender port they may start augmenting with the ships' own boats.