Originally posted by auburngirlie
WONDERFUL review!

We leave on the Ruby on Sept. 15th and we are very much looking forward to it! One question I have is, ya'll obviously did not use the Princess transfers provided from the cruise ship to San Marco, correct? (You used the People Mover to Piazzale Roma and then the ACTV (#1 or #2) to San Marco). Did you find this easy to navigate? Was it an extremely long walk to the People Mover (is there a Princess shuttle?)? Also--did you use the headphones (at my last visit there were headphones) at the Doge's Palace? Were they included in the price? I can't remember.... Thank you in advance for any information!
Thanks!! We did not use the Princess shuttle boat, mainly because they don't go down the Grand Canal and we had done enough sightseeing near St. Mark's Square. We returned the shuttle tickets to Passenger Services and were credited back the $15 per person they auto-charge you.

On the way to the People Mover, we hopped in one of the shuttles that was going back to the luggage drop-off location and he offered to drop us off at the People Mover, so that was easy. If you have to walk, it's very easy to see - it's a gigantic structure - but it's probably a 10-minute walk from the ship. Coming back from the People Mover, we had to walk back to the ship - no shuttle.

At the Doge's Palace, we didn't use the AudioGuide, which leads me to believe it's NOT included in the price as we normally take advantage of anything free! I couldn't find a definitive answer online, but one of those pre-sale sites looks like they charge 6.75 euros additional for using an audio guide. We thought the signs were enough description, but if you are a big art fan, there is probably plenty to learn!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Upcoming:
Royal Caribbean Quantum of the Seas - Inaugural CTN

Sailed:
HAL Eurodam - Baltics
Norwegian Getaway - E. Caribbean
Norwegian Getaway
- Inaugural CTN
(Pics)
Celebrity Reflection - E. Caribbean
Uniworld SS Antoinette - Rhine Christmas Markets
NCL Breakaway
- Bermuda
NCL Breakaway - Inaugural CTN (Review w/ pics)
Uniworld River Beatrice - Danube (Review w/ pics)
NCL Epic
- E. Caribbean
NCL Star - Bermuda
Ruby Princess - Grand Mediterranean
(Review w/ pics)
NCL Epic
- W. Mediterranean (Review w/ pics)
Crown Princess - S. Caribbean (Review w/ pics)
NCL Gem - Bahamas (Review w/ pics)