Aruba Trolley ~ Is It Running? If so, when and where?

JimAOk1945

Hi Everyone,

We will be visiting Aruba in December on our Partial Transit of the Panama Canal. I saw an old, previous thread that mentioned there is a trolley that runs near the cruise ship dock, but the thread didn't have any specific information. Rather than resurrect an old thread, I thought it would be better to start a new one.

Does anyone have any information to share about the trolley such as the route, pick up time, price, etc?

I have already searched the web with Google and can't find anything current.

Your help is appreciated!

We saw it running when we were there in April. But we found it by accident so I couldn't tell you exactly where it was. :)

Stop in one of the shops and pick up the coupon booklet. It has a map of the trolley route.

It does run in that direction, just a few streets over. At the end of the line, you would have to walk several blocks over to get to the main road, and then still walk about 20 minutes or so, maybe longer. Nikky Beach area is not in the main part of town. It is out of town a little ways,and sits off the road. The main problem I see in using the trolley is that it crawls along at a snail's pace and stops evey few minutes for people to get off and on. If the driver sees people who look like they may be leisurely walking towards the trolley, he'll wait for them, which happens a lot. They are on "caribbean time." I think that it would probably take you longer to go by trolley than to walk. Personally, Nikky Beach/Reflextions seems like it is a lot further away than a mile from the cruise port. I would take a taxi if I were planning on doing this.

Edited by Hatteras51

Hatteras51 Do you know anything about accessible taxis in Aruba? Will be traveling with an Uncle in Jan that is totally wheelchair dependent. This will be our first time in Aruba. Thanks

I would email bullytaxi79@hotmail.com, to see if he could arrange for someone to pick you up and take you to whatever you decide to do for the day. He, along with several of his associates, has a large van. Hopefully, they can accommodate you. If not, he might have some suggestions for you. His email will come under the name Amador Lacle, and may go to your spam folder.

Thank you really appreciate it!! In your opinion, whats the chances that my Uncle would be able to get onto a beach? Like are they accessible, sidewalks or anything? Any suggestions as we are at a loss. We have never cruised with our Uncle before, usually he just stays on the ship when he and my Aunt cruises. We really want him to be able to go explore with the family this cruise. Thank you !! :D

There is a walkway behind the resorts in Palm Beach, connecting all of the resorts. You could probably go through one of the resorts to the walkway in the back, and stroll along the beach area there. I think that Bully knows an area that is better for accessibility for someone in a wheelchair. You might want to hire him for a few hours. He can give you an island tour (which is a fantastic tour) and then take you by a beach where your uncle could get out of the van and experience the beach for a while.

• 4 months later...

I came across this Aruba website with a little information about the trolley about halfway down the page. Here is the link.

http://www.arubaports.com/main/in-and-around-our-port/

It would be helpful to have a map of the route available for download. :rolleyes:

Happy cruising!

Edited by JimAOk1945

• 2 weeks later...