Hong Kong - Something unusual to do in a Day

Solent Richard

Having disembarked in Hong Kong earlier this year we spent a day in and around Hong Kong.

Both my wife and I have visited on many occasions over the years and so decided to do something a little different.

As always I take many photographs and have now published a full review of what we did. With over 50 photographs and a comprehensive description you can read our story hear...

https://solentrichardscruiseblog.com/2017/12/01/one-way-to-do-hong-kong/

38361271426_0f6c2d1104_z.jpg

26640812959_cb5533c4c5_z.jpg

There is also a comparison of the distances between the two cruise terminals now operating in Hong Kong

Great pictures!!

Do you have a recommendation for something to do in the evening? Our ship docks at the far away Kai Tak terminal.

If you have not visited SKY101 on Kowloon side, I'd recommend it. For similar views, you could go to the bar atop of the Ritz (same building) to enjoy the view and a cocktail!

As always I take many photographs and have now published a full review of what we did. With over 50 photographs and a comprehensive description you can read our story hear...

https://solentrichardscruiseblog.com/2017/12/01/one-way-to-do-hong-kong/

Thanks for Sharing Richard, your site contains a lot of useful info.

If you have not visited SKY101 on Kowloon side, I'd recommend it. For similar views, you could go to the bar atop of the Ritz (same building) to enjoy the view and a cocktail!

I intend to do a short time lapse of the HK skyline from a high vantage point overlooking the harbour - on either side. (Using GoPro pressed against the glass) Are there time limits on how long you can stay there viewing?

Thanks for Sharing Richard, your site contains a lot of useful info.

I intend to do a short time lapse of the HK skyline from a high vantage point overlooking the harbour - on either side. (Using GoPro pressed against the glass) Are there time limits on how long you can stay there viewing?

At SKY101 - I am not aware of a time limit. But I know that you cannot leave and come back. We had forgotten to get batteries or something and wanted to go back down to the mall to get some but was told once we left, we couldn't return. They seem to be quite strict about that. Another thing I like to share with you is that the windows were a little dirty. Check out their website for special offers but read the fine prints as some of the offers have a time window (like from 5 to 6pm).

At the Ritz's bar, I am not sure if there is a time limit or a place to set your camera.