CROWN PRINCESS : March - April, 2018 Refurbishment

winpub

Can anyone tell me what this refurbishment will entail ..... cannot find any details online. Trying to decide on this ship for a 10 day in November or the Celebrity Equinox for a 7 day in November. Was on the Equinox this past Oct/Nov & loved it.

Thanks.

Besides the normal below the waterline work (and presumably the Sea Witch livery painted on the bow) the following all have been repeatedly speculated on:

• Complete the rollout of Princess Luxury Beds
  • Upgrade Kids/Teen clubs to new Discovery at Sea brand
  • Rebrand Sabatini's as Sabatini's Trattoria
  • Replace MUTS screen
  • Reupholster or replace as necessary tables and chairs in Horizon Court
  • Begin technical preparation for Ocean Medallion
  • General cleaning and replacement of carpet and soft furnishings in public lounges

The first three items above are near-certain as they were officially announced as going fleetwide long ago (plenty of info on them on the Princess website).

Most every ship that has been to drydock in the past year and a half has also gotten the new MUTS screen.

There was a post stating that it was shared onboard Crown earlier this year that Crown will not get the new dining venues that replaced Cafe Caribe on Caribbean Princess. And the rebranding/new menus for the Hamburger and Ice Cream stands seems to have stopped with two ships (Caribbean and Grand).

I would suggest booking the Crown knowing that you still would be before final payment should there be negative rather that postivie reviews of any changes or upgrades.

I too will be on the April 3rd Transatlantic. I am really hoping that there do not change Sabatini's to the new menu. Tried the new menu last year on the CB and I prefer the old menu. I wish I had the short ribs over penne right now.

I too will be on the April 3rd Transatlantic. I am really hoping that there do not change Sabatini's to the new menu. Tried the new menu last year on the CB and I prefer the old menu. I wish I had the short ribs over penne right now.

In your Cruise Personalizer under the tab for booking specialty restaurants should be a link to the menu that will be in effect on your cruise. You can hope for the old rather than the new but I fear I have just become the bearer of bad news...

I'm booked on the Crown for Sept. 2019 Transatlantic, booked a different deck because of the refurbishment. When the Emerald was done, many of the inside cabins on Plaza were changed to connecting cabins and I was concerned they might do the same with the Crown.

• 2 weeks later...

Originally the Crown was scheduled to, like the CB convert the Horizon Court to the il-conceived "Market Place", but based on the less than stellar results and reviews of the CB's Market Place conversion Princess in it's infinite wisdom like it's other recent decision not to add additional "Share"s or to butcher the Coral like the Island has canceled additional "Market Place" conversions to the Grand class fleet (thank god)...

Add the ***** roll out fiasco to the above recent Princess snafu's, and it's seems recently that the decision making Princess senior leadership is not having a very good day

Srpilo

Originally the Crown was scheduled to, like the CB convert the Horizon Court to the il-conceived "Market Place", but based on the less than stellar results and reviews of the CB's Market Place conversion Princess in it's infinite wisdom like it's other recent decision not to add additional "Share"s or to butcher the Coral like the Island has canceled additional "Market Place" conversions to the Grand class fleet (thank god)...

Add the ***** roll out fiasco to the above recent Princess snafu's, and it's seems recently that the decision making Princess senior leadership is not having a very good day

Srpilo

Apart from the obvious, the name what’s the difference between market place and horizon court

Apart from the obvious, the name what’s the difference between market place and horizon court

It still raises my blood pressure just to think about the insulting concept that I encountered on the CB and thatPrincess thought their passengers would except such a obvious money saving/ use left overs type venue ...

Of course all those who have never sailed on any other Princess ship, or never really used the HC before would even know the difference (IMO this was Princess's hope)

I promised myself, after my initial report last May on the CB in Europe that I would not be one of the type CC posters who continuously harps on the same dislike over and over.. So use the search function for last May and June for "Market Place" and you'll find plenty of descriptions and reviews

Lastly, I'm sure or at least I hope, if Princess hasn't already, that with all the complaints they must of received all season in Europe, that they have at least, when it comes to the menu's reverted a bit back to what frequent North American cruisers have come to expect on a Princess cruise - AKA less peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for diner and more traditional dinning fare .

YMMV

Srpilo

• 2 weeks later...
Can anyone tell me what this refurbishment will entail ..... cannot find any details online. Trying to decide on this ship for a 10 day in November or the Celebrity Equinox for a 7 day in November. Was on the Equinox this past Oct/Nov & loved it.

Thanks.

A quick Google search found the dry dock information for all Princess ships, https://sites.google.com/site/princesscruisesfaq/ships/fleet-drydock-schedule

Tom😎

Princess is a mainstream cruise line

As a former TA, Mainstream class lines were Carnival, Norwegian & RCCL. Princess along with Celebrity, Disney, HAL & Cunard were considered premium. Then we had the Deluxe class, Luxury class & the Super Premium.

Haven't been an agent for a few years maybe things have really gone downhill.

As a former TA, Mainstream class lines were Carnival, Norwegian & RCCL. Princess along with Celebrity, Disney, HAL & Cunard were considered premium. Then we had the Deluxe class, Luxury class & the Super Premium.

Haven't been an agent for a few years maybe things have really gone downhill.

I guess it' o for debate