Alcohol Policy for Princess (2018)

MCruiser30

Taking a Princess cruise in the next couple of weeks. I want to drink on the ship, but don't want to spend a lot of money doing this. I HEARD that Princess allows each adult to bring one bottle of wine (750 ml) in their carry-on. On their website they seem to give a hard no to outside wine.

What is their 2018 policy around this? Has anyone brought wine in their bag? Anything I should know about procedure, how to do this, etc.

Thank you!

Taking a Princess cruise in the next couple of weeks. I want to drink on the ship, but don't want to spend a lot of money doing this. I HEARD that Princess allows each adult to bring one bottle of wine (750 ml) in their carry-on. On their website they seem to give a hard no to outside wine.

What is their 2018 policy around this? Has anyone brought wine in their bag? Anything I should know about procedure, how to do this, etc.

Thank you!

Not sure where you're getting a "hard no" for bringing wine onboard, as it's most definitely allowed - pretty much as much as you like, within reason (unlikely you could bring an entire flat of wine, but 6-12 bottles or a case, sure).

One 750ml pp no corkage if enjoyed in cabin, or take a glass - if bottle is brought to fining venue, it's -supposed - to be charged $15 corkage.

As many more bottles as you like at embarkation at $15 corkage per bottle, enjoy where you like.

Directly from website, under FAQs, Alcohol Policy:

"As provided in the Passage Contract, guests agree not to bring alcoholic beverages of any kind onboard for consumption, except one bottle of wine or champagne per adult of drinking age (no larger than 750 ml) per voyage, which will not be subject to a corkage fee if consumed in the stateroom. Additional wine or champagne bottles are welcome, but will incur a $15 corkage fee each, irrespective of where they are intended to be consumed. Liquor, spirits or beers are not permitted. Please remember that luggage will be scanned and alcohol outside of our policy will be removed and discarded.*"

https://www.princess.com/learn/faq_answer/onboard/experience.jsp

Princess allows each adult to bring on one bottle (750ml or smaller). If it is consumed in your cabin, there is no charge. If it is brought to the MDR, there is a $15 corkage fee.

In addition, adults can bring on additional bottles of wine subject to a $15 corkage fee charged at the gangway.

Thank you!

We were on a Panama cruise on the Coral princess in November and we ordered it through room service and they brought booze to the room. I think we got vodka and crown much cheaper than drinks in the bar but more expensive than buying on shore. Plus we could hang on the balcony and make our own.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thank you!

Just place the bottle(s) in your carry on or separate bag and carry on board. If 1 x 750ml/pp or less normally no questions asked. If you have more than 1 x 750ml/pp you are generally referred to a nearby table where a staff member writes a slip to charge your on board account $15 corkage/extra bottle and marks your extra bottle(s) so it can be used anywhere on the ship.