Midships Lounge - Queen Victoria

ClanMcLean

One of our favourite places on the ship [emoji483]

It could get very busy pre dinner sittings, but was nice and quiet in between. It also perked up later in the evening and we spotted quite a few 'regulars' like ourselves.

Gordon who runs the bar, does a great job and the menu is really quite something. We had the attitude of 'we'll give it a go' which meant we tried some very interesting concoctions with plenty of photo opportunities [emoji4]

6475d6e96c93a63c42f74a26555d802e.jpgd73c5ab83d750de5f9087ba36aaa289e.jpg720044511d28ec0ef29ceef457792a2a.jpge90f0f9f87dd50531dc25f1ed3237d4c.jpgba4ec1476f039e0c1ec1eca1dd56ff8e.jpg21b3172be348e18f0f4278fcf874b5f4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you for sharing such nice drink photos ClanMcLean! I do have a question, were you by chance enjoying the drinks on the "$12 Drink Promo"? I would like to try some of these on our upcoming sailing under the promo, and hope some of these are under $12.

Thank you for sharing!:)

Thank you for sharing such nice drink photos ClanMcLean! I do have a question, were you by chance enjoying the drinks on the "$12 Drink Promo"? I would like to try some of these on our upcoming sailing under the promo, and hope some of these are under $12.

Thank you for sharing!:)

Indeed we were :D Such a a great promo!

The only time we actually paid for a drink was on our last night, when the husband ordered a $14 gin. I can't think what could have caused his bleary vision to make such an error ;)

Lovely photos, thanks for sharing them. Any particular hits or misses ?

I absolutely loved the Mary Rose :hearteyes: I could sit and drink them all night.... but I'd probably fall over after about 3 LOL

Husband ordered quite a few that I would never drink, but then he didn't like the lavender one I ordered. I must have missed the photo of that one, as I can't recall the name. The Lemon Daisy was also very drinkable.

It was a very relaxed and friendly bar. I know nothing about gin but Gordon was always happy to suggest something off the menu and and debate it merits.

I absolutely hate gin, but my husband likes it. Were there any that didn't actually taste like gin?

The Mary Rose! :D

Honestly, I'm not a gin drinker, but they add so many extras into these drinks, you can't taste that classic gin taste IYKWIM

Actually, I'll probably get shot for saying that. I generally ordered all the flowery/fruity type cocktails, so that's why I like them. Husband is a bit more hardcore when it comes to gin, and I didn't like most of his choices.

Actually, I'll probably get shot for saying that. I generally ordered all the flowery/fruity type cocktails, so that's why I like them. Husband is a bit more hardcore when it comes to gin, and I didn't like most of his choices.

That sounds a bit like me, I like my cocktails sweet & my champagne dry !

From the Cunard website

"Midship's Lounge.

Overlooking the Grand Lobby, the Midship’s Lounge is the ideal place to people-watch or enjoy the live music floating up from the decks below. Browse the tempting gin and fizz themed menu, which includes gin served from an old-fashioned spirit tap; to infuse a more distinctive character. The menu brings to life wines, prosecco, cava and champagne alongside premium gin and spirits, which are all blended to create fresh and inspiring cocktails."