"LIVE" from Allure of the Seas / May 22, 2011

Radio,

Your video was absolutely wonderful. I love cruising with you through your comments, pictures and videos.

I am even more excited as I will be actually cruising with you on the Enchatment in Aug.

Will Mrs. Radio be traveling with you? I have been on the Enchantment several times and I am looking forward to seeing it through your eyes.

Thanks for the nice comments. . . .It will be nice to meet you on Enchantment. I love Canada, and can't wait to sail there next month !

Mrs. Radio will not be sailing next month. . . My mom, dad and brother will be sailing though. . .

Radio

;);)

Edited by Radio

That was a great video! Are you sure you don't work for RCCL? I am sure they would be glad to have you for their promotions department. I loved the music and couldn't get over how with over 6000 passengers, it looked like you were the only one on the ship most of the time. How did you do that?

I am looking forward to you next "live report" next month. Thanks for all you do. :cool:

Gwen :)

Ha ha. . No I don't work for RCI, but I wish I did. . . I would love to use their Video and Editing equipment !

Thanks for the nice comments:)

Radio

;);)

Thanks Radio for the great video, you do such a great job putting your photos and videos together.

What is the date of your next cruise in Aug.

thanks again

Suz

Thanks Suzanne. . . I will be sailing Aug 11 ! ;)

Radio

;);)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Radio....I would love your opinion on a hotel in Fort Laurderdale! I'm sailing on the Allure next February and am getting more excited every day. We are flying to Florida the day before the cruise. I *thought* I had my mind made up based on your fabulous review that we would stay at the Hyatt Pier 66. I was reading a few other threads on cruise critic and several people have also recommended the Embassy Suites and a few have mentioned the Hampton Inn. While I'd love to stay in the cheapest hotel, I'm willing to splurge a bit for one night. So...my questions to you are, have you stayed in any other hotels in Fort Laurderdale? How did you get from the hotel to the pier the morning of the cruise? And last but not least, any other recommendations? I know if you suggest it, it'll be great!

Thanks in advance, and look forward to your next review!

Hi Radio....I would love your opinion on a hotel in Fort Laurderdale! I'm sailing on the Allure next February and am getting more excited every day. We are flying to Florida the day before the cruise. I *thought* I had my mind made up based on your fabulous review that we would stay at the Hyatt Pier 66. I was reading a few other threads on cruise critic and several people have also recommended the Embassy Suites and a few have mentioned the Hampton Inn. While I'd love to stay in the cheapest hotel, I'm willing to splurge a bit for one night. So...my questions to you are, have you stayed in any other hotels in Fort Laurderdale? How did you get from the hotel to the pier the morning of the cruise? And last but not least, any other recommendations? I know if you suggest it, it'll be great!

Thanks in advance, and look forward to your next review!

I love the Hyatt Pier 66, Hilton Marina and Embassy Suites on 17thSt. I have also stayed in the HI Express on 17th St.

All are good choices. . . I have heard that the Hilton garden in is very nice too ! Enjoy your Cruise :)

Radio

;);)

I love the Hyatt Pier 66, Hilton Marina and Embassy Suites on 17thSt. I have also stayed in the HI Express on 17th St.

All are good choices. . . I have heard that the Hilton garden in is very nice too ! Enjoy your Cruise :)

Radio

;);)

The Hyatt Pier 66 was my first choice this past June, but we couldn't get a decent price and needed 2 rooms. We stayed at the Rennaisance Cruise Port Hotel. It was excellent; clean, pretty, great view from our rooms, breakfast and a really great bar area and staff. We were also able to make reservations for transportation to the port the morning of the cruise and arranged for pick up when we returned from the cruise. If I recall correctly, we paid $130 a night per room. At the time we were booking, we couldnt get a room at the Hyatt for under $300 :eek:.

This review was FABULOUS! Thanks for taking time to write and take the photos!

We are going on the Allure(hubby and I and several Smoothies/Hooligans who we've met on prior Serenade cruises!) in November 2011....after spending my Sunday morning reading this...I am beyond psyched! And my first impression of the "BIG" ships was never.....but after watching the Oasis pull out of Nassua I said...we have to do it!!! And we hope to take our girls on it in June 2012....IF I can figure out how to pay for its high rates!!!

I need to win lotto!!!

Kay

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Radio,

Love your posts! When is your next cruise? I will be going through "Withdrawal"!

I will be sailing next week, and posting "LIVE" from Explorer of the Seas on a 10 Night Caribbean Cruise from Cape Liberty. . .

Radio

;);)

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
The Hyatt Pier 66 was my first choice this past June, but we couldn't get a decent price and needed 2 rooms. We stayed at the Rennaisance Cruise Port Hotel. It was excellent; clean, pretty, great view from our rooms, breakfast and a really great bar area and staff. We were also able to make reservations for transportation to the port the morning of the cruise and arranged for pick up when we returned from the cruise. If I recall correctly, we paid $130 a night per room. At the time we were booking, we couldnt get a room at the Hyatt for under $300 :eek:.

We're planning on staying at the Renaissance in a few weeks... Is there a place nearby to pick up a case of water and restaurants within walking distance?

How do you get to see the "Live" - I'm new to this and really don't know how to navigate or where to go - any help will be appreciated. We are sailing on the Allure December 15th so this would be so helpful.

"Live" means that the OP was posting from the ship as the cruise was going on. It does not mean there is anything "live" to go watch now. This thread, and the cruise, occured in May of 2011.

We're planning on staying at the Renaissance in a few weeks... Is there a place nearby to pick up a case of water and restaurants within walking distance?

Yes, there is a walgreens across the street, many restaurants and such in walking distance as well.

There is also a Publix a few blocks away...walkable too...

I've never been on this site before so reading all of this stuff is so new to me. I actually didn't know what a "Live" was but now I open this site everyday to read all the posts. I'm really looking forward to find out all about the Allure and the ports as I am taking this same cruise 12/15 and am so excited.

Thank you so much for doing this and I hope you have a fantastic trip.

Nancy

See I told you I didn't know anything about all of this - I actually thought he was on the Allure this week and was going to send pictures.

Thanks for letting me know this. Hopefully I will learn how to navigate around this site. I am just not really compute savvy - I know it's strange in this day and age but I guess I'm old school.