Beach Bars and Restaurants with Fresh Fish - Recommendations

SeaWatcher65

• 2 months later...
Sorry to see nobody answered this. We're going in early November and going to take a beach transfer to Reduit Beach in Rodney Bay, and at the south end is Maria's Fish Shack. will report back here how it turns out!

Sorry, as I posted my 2 favourites previously, thought it would be picked up. For me it's The Naked Fisherman, away from tourists. Your pick will be rammed with T'erds and trippers during port times.

• 4 weeks later...
Sorry to see nobody answered this. We're going in early November and going to take a beach transfer to Reduit Beach in Rodney Bay, and at the south end is Maria's Fish Shack. will report back here how it turns out!

Marie's Fish Shack looks like it might be very good and local cooking! Debating on going to Reduit Beach and I wonder if the south end by Marie's is nicer. Reviews say the north part of the beach has a lot of pushy vendors which is annoying.

Also thinking about going to Pigeon Point/Island Nationa Park to hike a bit, enjoy the scenery, and have lunch. There are two places -- Jambe de Bois with water views and Barnacles.

Marie's Fish Shack looks like it might be very good and local cooking! Debating on going to Reduit Beach and I wonder if the south end by Marie's is nicer. Reviews say the north part of the beach has a lot of pushy vendors which is annoying.

Also thinking about going to Pigeon Point/Island Nationa Park to hike a bit, enjoy the scenery, and have lunch. There are two places -- Jambe de Bois with water views and Barnacles.

The south end, where Marie's is located, is quiet - regardless of how many day trippers there are that day. The cab drop off by Spinnakers tends to concentrate the visitors in that area..

Vigie Beach has some local eats, right near the port. Fish, stewed lamb or beef, sometimes goat, baked chicken, etc with all the trimmings - ground provisions, rice, salad, beans, Mac and cheese, and so on. Lovely beach for swimming, erc.

Pigeon Island is great, hiking, beach, snuba, etc. Jambe des Bois is excellent.