re meat pies

At church we used to talk about ecclesiastical thrombosis. This is when you have a clot in the pulpit.

Pure Gold, quote of the day award. Prize: Return ticket, Circular Quay to Manly on Sydney Harbour Ferries.:p With a free Four n'Twenty pie.:halo: $5 surcharge for tomato sauce.

2nd prize is the same ferry ride but you get two pies.:p

No way Uncle Mic, NSW State Govt could afford that largesse. 2nd prize = Circular Quay to Darling Harbour AND a 3 day old stale Mrs Macs sausage roll, unheated.:p

After many posts on this topic, might I admit you don't have to be mad to be on here, but it helps, lol.

you don't have to be mad to be on here, but it helps, lol.

The first time my grandmother met the now Mrs Gut, everyone was there, my four siblings, and partners, grandparents, Aunty and uncle.

Poor Mrs Gut is one of two kids, it was a bit overwhelming.

Nan sat next to her, put her arm around her and said "Don't worry sweetie, you don't have to be crazy to join this family, but it sure does help."

The first time my grandmother met the now Mrs Gut, everyone was there, my four siblings, and partners, grandparents, Aunty and uncle.

Poor Mrs Gut is one of two kids, it was a bit overwhelming.

Nan sat next to her, put her arm around her and said "Don't worry sweetie, you don't have to be crazy to join this family, but it sure does help."

A real pearl of wisdom that was, she was right.:D

No way Uncle Mic, NSW State Govt could afford that largesse. 2nd prize = Circular Quay to Darling Harbour AND a 3 day old stale Mrs Macs sausage roll, unheated.:p

After many posts on this topic, might I admit you don't have to be mad to be on here, but it helps, lol.

I think they certified me at birth, anyway I'll just go on singing "How Sweet to be an Idiot" with apologies to Monty Python clear.png?emoji-tearsjoy-1678

LOL, I prefer Billy Thorpe and the Aztecs song to represent me. :D

'Poison Ivy' perhaps Uncle Mic. I was a fan of Billy Thorpe and the Aztecs, back then. Saw them in concert around 1970 at ye olde Sydney Stadium, Rushcutters Bay, Sydney.:cool:

I remember they sold 'Scotts' meat pies at the Stadium, forgot to mention them. Scotts Pies were pretty popular, like Billy.

No clotted cream at my local Coles.

Nor Aldi, closest I got was 'Thickened Cream', not the same.

I reckon David Jones Food Hall in Sydney CBD might have it, they have all the 'posh stuff in there, great provisioners DJ's, almost as good as Fortnum and Mason in London town.:rolleyes:

Nor Aldi, closest I got was 'Thickened Cream', not the same.

I reckon David Jones Food Hall in Sydney CBD might have it, they have all the 'posh stuff in there, great provisioners DJ's, almost as good as Fortnum and Mason in London town.:rolleyes:

You can make your own , One recipe I found on a quick google , only took 12 hrs baking in the oven .:eek::eek:

'Poison Ivy' perhaps Uncle Mic. I was a fan of Billy Thorpe and the Aztecs, back then. Saw them in concert around 1970 at ye olde Sydney Stadium, Rushcutters Bay, Sydney.:cool:

I remember they sold 'Scotts' meat pies at the Stadium, forgot to mention them. Scotts Pies were pretty popular, like Billy.

Not poison Ivy but their other big hit. "Most people I know ....."

Back in the pie orientation, I mentioned the lovely Yea Bakery.

Just did a search for clotted cream and found the Yea Brand clotted cream, cheeses and assorted other lovelies.

Stockists include DJs Melbourne and Sydney, plus various IGA stores.

http://www.yeabrand.com.au

There you go, we have local IGA's down here, Moruya, Tomakin, Malua Bay, Surf Beach, Batehaven. Have to check 'em out for the clotted cream on my next visit, when I don't want t go into the big smoke (Batemans Bay) to Aldi, Woolies, Coles.

You can make your own , One recipe I found on a quick google , only took 12 hrs baking in the oven .:eek::eek:

From memory I made my in the Crockpot. Just dump pure cream (not thickened cream) in and set it on low with the lid off, I think.