Nov 4, Allure of the Seas, Western Caribbean - A Review and Complete Pictorial Guide!

gambee

Thanks again Gambee for all your help. In your trip report you mentioned that you took candy bars to your cabin steward. Is taking a small gift something that is "traditional" on a cruise? And I am a bit concerned about tipping. We have done the prepaid so we can have Mytime Dining. Still, I am sure we will want to give extra to certain people.

Is there a way that the cabin steward knows we have done the prepaid gratuity?

Thanks again for your wonderful report. I have read it so many times! You should see my notes:) Thanks for the restaurant suggestion also.

Not really tradicional, actually in our Silhouette cruise I did not bring any candy. But I did however tipped then both the steward and his assistant.

I am almost sure he knows already that the tips are prepaid, but if I recall correctly my mom told him as well.

Have great cruise :)

How can I say thank you in a way that it will adequately convey the sincere appreciation and show the fun, entertainment and smiles that I got out of your review? I found it late and it took me a while to finish (trying to read 30-45 minutes at a time). I just finished today and now feel like we’re close friends (and am somewhat sad that the review is over)! I love your sense of humor, the way you look at things, your photography skills, your relationship with your mom and your all around happy personality. Thank you for letting me relive our Allure cruise through your eyes – we took many of the same pictures! I loved the entire review, feel like I have a new friend and now can’t wait to start reading your Silhouette review, LOL! AMAZING JOB!!!

Almost 6 months later and folks like me are still able to benefit from your amazing review. We aren't even sailing Allure (Oasis in a week and a half), but you provided enjoyable reading and lots of insight that will be helpful to our large group. I will read your next review, just b/c I know it will be amazing. Thanks again :):)

Thank You Very Much!

I learned a lot with this trip and this review, mostly about photography and communication. But what I learned the most is how much I enjoy doing this, it is a lot of work. I really can't imagine how many hours I put into it, but my wild guess is over 100 hrs in the review itself and a lot more in the ship photographing it. But all that time did not go in vain, I enjoyed every second of it. And more than that, I enjoyed sharing it with all of you.

I want to thank all my posters, without you all this review would not had been possible. One needs all those encouraging words to keep going strong until the end. Some of you had some very touching comments and for that I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Many thanks to all of you; (This list is thanks to mom)

beachbuddy, dmwnc1959, Beth C, Newwbeee, nursewurmy, *lovestx, BearBear69, Eng23, Bugsy4271, , LuckiStac13*Majesty*, vickie bernie, MaryAnn&Don, Sunny AZ Girl, raerom, RoamingRetirees, mitsugirly, reallyhooked, BillOh, DMickey28, Lorey 2007, *Just The 3 Of Us, dablondee525, mycruise2000, sailingoawaysoon ,funfamilyof6, kenlorz, suzyluvs2cruise,* Familygoboston, gvlgoflady, beachlovergirl, Chicky2181, swwake, northwoods2, odettemcf, S.A.M.J.R., MrFunInTheSun, smeck, Lioness, GSuitesailing, canadiancruiser13, leenerth, CruisingAg, meapaya, zimmCouple, Pooh8941, balcony4u,Mapleleaf,5, eiou, letscruisingasap, knots4cruising ,sleeplees, BettyPc, sunrise4, ririeck, Ocean 4, ewpsrp, jsinflsunshine, 3some, jonath, rubrrick, BecciBoo, Huddler, CitygirlSF, SenatorsFan, Iluvcruising2, LABCHICK, mp466, Darkwolfe, ATLfuzzy, dms42, micmacmissy, xeriod, dgittino, tiffanieb, VirtualRain, mdhill, BlondieB, BonTexasNY, Gambees BF, coolcat12, mac3835, cheshire cat, beaniebaby, nvcruising, Borocay Soul, Mickeefan, cruisingmama23, Brittasbay, rotting hell, CulinaryEscape, kevingsgirl88, avazah, Mark Debs, gambees_mom, lindasilk, Host Elizanessie, ksg, rvdnsx, Azs Cruising Nana, WannaCruise365, CUSECRUZER, Idytwk, Janntom, seeshore, d4nigirl, Isa65, RCruisingfamily, AkitaJoy,cosmar, kellance13879, Bandit236, jpolm, tiffygirl, jill1349, LouLou921, Jayfo, Dolby1000, bschoon60, clarea, NeuroQueen, Numccoy, macfin, wah20, dreamer976, volunteer cruiser, topanga49er, slh182,*** lemonade-sails, beachnative, coolnrj, MrUg, D300, Woe is me, Alseau, KirkNC, kingsnake57,TLC535, reeree313, workingmom200112, Cupcrazy, TNcruiser829, Sinppu, couple_cruisers, mszmek, mechcc, Hypo,***** wave rider, WhiteSoxFan, bdpatrick, venicia, OttoCal, CP3o, cruisinskier,**************** *********PhilNDobbieAt Sea, *melodyesch, roby2003, Jenjer, Bali505, Dancnlizard, modes, lisa414ny, shorbr, pzerba, Jan_In_Maine, attitudeda, poffles, PIGSKIN, chadbeck, juniosmom, sumo, jd_1976, floatel_lvr, simmy45, debitoo ,want2go2, cb8, jebl, clochette, marciab, Vibe,cruisinmamma, lawyergirl22, luckymike,, Nolsie, KDRCruisers, thtalks,Jacru,vipcruiser, Seapoint, north east girl, Rose-a-rita, jewel825, OncomingStorm, kac31, scottydog123, FMZ, jimbri, mechcc,* Dett,* tvry, leenerth

I also want thank all my non-posting followers, that 100,000 view mark would not had been possible to break without all of you, thank you.

And last but not least, I want to thank the moderators of this forum. Not only for giving me the 5 star rating, but also for the support they provided me during the writing the this review. We had a little bumps along the road :D, lol, but they were always there to help. Make sure you follow the forum guidelines ;). Thank you so much moderators, you were all very kind and understanding.

There will more reviews to come, we are in the process of deciding our next vacation, it will most likely be booked by the first week of december. I will bring this thread back to life, once I start writing my next review to inform my RCCL followers about it. I want to thank Beth C for that great idea :), thank you.

I will continue answer questions, so feel free to ask away.

I hope everyone had as much fun as I did with this review.

Thank you for making this possible :)

The End.

What a fantastic review. I have always wanted to try the Oasis class ships and your review was so worth the time spent reading it. I'm a RN and took my ipad to work so I could read it on my break :). Thanks for all the time and energy spent on this review. I have read half of your celebrity review and can't wait to finish it ... I will be subscribing to your breakaway review and can't wait :D have a safe journey and lots of fun.

WOW! I am so happy I found your review. We sail on the Allure (western) in June and this review is really getting me excited. I have a lot of catching up to do - I'm only thru page 11. Now I've got something to look forward to tomorrow!

Your review is great and the pictures are outstanding! :)

P.S. We are neighbors - I live in Boca Raton.

How far is downtown Cozumel from the ship? We've been there before many years ago and I remember walking to "town." But, it has been awhile and I was wondering if they built newer bigger docks farther away from the nice downtown shopping area.

How far is downtown Cozumel from the ship? We've been there before many years ago and I remember walking to "town." But, it has been awhile and I was wondering if they built newer bigger docks farther away from the nice downtown shopping area.

If you dock at the International Pier, where Royal ships normally dock, it's about a 45 minute walk downtown, maybe 2-3 miles? We usually take a taxi.

Gambee! You are a gift! LOVED your review! While I have suffered from a cold the last few days I have been entertained by your amazing photos and familiar writing style. I plan to pop over to your Silhouette review and linger until its time for BREAKAWAY! Can't wait to sail her on June 9 and know it will be all the better with Gambee intelligence in advance. Hugs to Mom and BF!

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

OOOOMMMMGGGGG! that was Amazing. Thank you sooooo much for that Review! ever since i booked the Allure in January, i have been wanting to know what it was gonna be like when i sail in September. Your Review made me feel like i was on that ship with you!.

thank you again for the amazing review and i cant wait to meet Ms. Allure!:D:):p

I am so thankful I found this review! We sail in June. As so many others said, it is the best review I've ever read. Wonderful photos and details! I feel as though I know you. You've got such a kind heart. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

You're very welcome, I hope you have a great cruise. I have no plans for june yet, but I have the majesty of the seas on my sight ;)

How can I say thank you in a way that it will adequately convey the sincere appreciation and show the fun, entertainment and smiles that I got out of your review? I found it late and it took me a while to finish (trying to read 30-45 minutes at a time). I just finished today and now feel like we’re close friends (and am somewhat sad that the review is over)! I love your sense of humor, the way you look at things, your photography skills, your relationship with your mom and your all around happy personality. Thank you for letting me relive our Allure cruise through your eyes – we took many of the same pictures! I loved the entire review, feel like I have a new friend and now can’t wait to start reading your Silhouette review, LOL! AMAZING JOB!!!

Thank you for reading the review, I am very glad that you enjoyed it. Hopefully you will like the Silli one as much as this one. Also keep an eye for the breakaway one, it should be rolling out by the end of May.

Almost 6 months later and folks like me are still able to benefit from your amazing review. We aren't even sailing Allure (Oasis in a week and a half), but you provided enjoyable reading and lots of insight that will be helpful to our large group. I will read your next review, just b/c I know it will be amazing. Thanks again

You're welcome, have a grand trip =)

What a fantastic review. I have always wanted to try the Oasis class ships and your review was so worth the time spent reading it. I'm a RN and took my ipad to work so I could read it on my break :). Thanks for all the time and energy spent on this review. I have read half of your celebrity review and can't wait to finish it ... I will be subscribing to your breakaway review and can't wait :D have a safe journey and lots of fun.

Thank you for becoming a Gambee fan, very glad that you like my writing style.

I will see you around =)

WOW! I am so happy I found your review. We sail on the Allure (western) in June and this review is really getting me excited. I have a lot of catching up to do - I'm only thru page 11. Now I've got something to look forward to tomorrow!

Your review is great and the pictures are outstanding! :)

P.S. We are neighbors - I live in Boca Raton.

Glad you find it, also look at my Silli review for more ideas of what to do in the port. I work in Boca =)

There are several piers in Cozumel, the Allure docks on the international pier. I always take a taxi down there and it takes like 3-5 minutes to get there, I could not imagine walking there. It might be a few miles?

Gambee! You are a gift! LOVED your review! While I have suffered from a cold the last few days I have been entertained by your amazing photos and familiar writing style. I plan to pop over to your Silhouette review and linger until its time for BREAKAWAY! Can't wait to sail her on June 9 and know it will be all the better with Gambee intelligence in advance. Hugs to Mom and BF!

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Thank you for the kind words, we are super excited for breakaway can't wait to board her already and start having fun!

OOOOMMMMGGGGG! that was Amazing. Thank you sooooo much for that Review! ever since i booked the Allure in January, i have been wanting to know what it was gonna be like when i sail in September. Your Review made me feel like i was on that ship with you!.

thank you again for the amazing review and i cant wait to meet Ms. Allure!:D:):p

You're very welcome, hope you have a great trip!

Glad you find it, also look at my Silli review for more ideas of what to do in the port. I work in Boca =)

There are several piers in Cozumel, the Allure docks on the international pier. I always take a taxi down there and it takes like 3-5 minutes to get there, I could not imagine walking there. It might be a few miles?

I also work in Boca! "It's a Small World After All"

Thanks for the info on Cozumel. We will take the taxi.

And, thanks for the Falmouth pictures. Now I know what to expect.

Your review is the best one I have ever read. Fantastic work! Thanks for all the hard work in posting so much detail. :)

Just found this thread. You are a Godsend. Thank you so much for all the info and research. We just booked Allure and didn't know where to start planning. You and the other contributors here have given us so much to think about. Loved the photos. Your review makes us even more anxious to get on board in October.

I wish you and yours many great cruises in your future. Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts and experience.

I also work in Boca! "It's a Small World After All"

Thanks for the info on Cozumel. We will take the taxi.

And, thanks for the Falmouth pictures. Now I know what to expect.

Your review is the best one I have ever read. Fantastic work! Thanks for all the hard work in posting so much detail. :)

No, problem. Feel to stop in my Silly review for more pictures of these ports.

Just found this thread. You are a Godsend. Thank you so much for all the info and research. We just booked Allure and didn't know where to start planning. You and the other contributors here have given us so much to think about. Loved the photos. Your review makes us even more anxious to get on board in October.

I wish you and yours many great cruises in your future. Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts and experience.

You're very welcome glad it was of help to you, have a great cruise!

• 2 weeks later...
Wow I just read your whole review over the course of three days and I'm quite impressed. Makes me want to go on a cruise again right now!:) Thank you for writing it.

You're very welcome Glad you liked it :)

I just finished with this review and I really feel the need to echo the sentiment of every other poster. This was truly amazing, and provided me with hours of entertainment laying on the couch after recovering from my knee surgery a few days ago. Because of you and your amazing photos I am now in the market for a Sony Nex camera before my cruise on Oasis in two months. Thanks again for the amazing writing, photos and tips, they are all a huge help. :)

Great review thus far....loving the pictures...going on the Allure in November and am really looking forward to experiencing all this....

:)

Continue to enjoy the review, its a long one. My friend is also doing the Allure in Nov 3, have a great cruise!

Just finished your review. Fantastic!!!! There isn't much I can say that hasn't already been said... Thank you so much for the time and effort you put into this review. :D:D:D

You're very welcome, glad you enjoyed :)

AMAZING REVIEW! Me and my wife just spent the past couple nights reading the whole thing from start to finish.

We leave this Sunday on the Allure for the Western Caribbean. We're going for our honeymoon! We can't wait!

She's never been on one and I haven't been on one in 15 years (I was about 13 when I went on one to Alaska).

We seriously can't express how excited we are... and how MORE excited we are now that we read your review.

AHHHHHH CAN'T WAIT! hahaha