Mary. Princess or Queens

thames_side

On a round trip next year Cunard has a Queens cabin near the bows on deck 9 and a Princess cabin midships on deck 10. For the same price. Which to choose? Up in the bows there may be more movement and you are a long way from the grills restaurant, midships should be more stable but then I am hearing about vibrations (see my earlier post)

Same price? I vote for Queens Grill because of the real estate, much larger stateroom with more room to spread out. Some of the QG butlers can provide excellent service. Some PAX also prefer to somewhat expanded menu choices and flexibility in QG restaurant.

It’s a no-brainer for me. For us the difference between QG and PG isn’t enormous, but is enough to pay a moderate premium for per person per day. Given the bigger suite, Butler service, off menu ordering, much better menu and so on, for the same price we would be in there like a shot.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

On a round trip next year Cunard has a Queens cabin near the bows on deck 9 and a Princess cabin midships on deck 10. For the same price. Which to choose? Up in the bows there may be more movement and you are a long way from the grills restaurant, midships should be more stable but then I am hearing about vibrations (see my earlier post)

I have done a very rough TA in 10005, and for me it was fine (and very easy for the Commordore Club at night). It is however a long walk to the dinning room.

Go for the QG without question.

I believe the OP is asking about Q6's on deck 9 forward (9001-90013 and 9002-9022) as compared to P1's. There are indeed several roundtrip crossings from Southampton next year where the fares advertised for P1's and Q6's are the same on Cunard's UK site. And oddly enough, one where a Q6 is actually £100 less than a P1. Go figure. I don't happen to see any similar pricing anomalies for round trip crossings on Cunard's US site, for what that's worth.

I have no experience with the Grills since they are out of my price range. So I don't have any particular expertise to offer to this discussion in that regard. But given the opportunity, I know I would pick the Q6 hands down.

It just occurred to me the reason UK fares are the same for P1's and Q6's on certain voyages probably has something to do with the "Upgrade expectations" promotion going on in the UK; "Book a selected Cunard Fare Grill Suite by 1 October 2018 and pay the fare of one grade below." At least, that promotion does apply to the instances I found where P1's and Q6's are being advertised for the same fare on Cunard's UK site. And that particular promo does not apply in the US (where those fares are not the same).

Edited by bluemarble

I've not sailed in Princess grill, but have enjoyed cruises in Queens Grill twice (QM2 and QE).

Without hesitation I would book Queens Grill.

To add: I've had Deck 11 midships cabins on QM2 and have never noted excessive/distracting vibrations.

I believe the OP is asking about Q6's on deck 9 forward (9001-90013 and 9002-9022) as compared to P1's. There are indeed several roundtrip crossings from Southampton next year where the fares advertised for P1's and Q6's are the same on Cunard's UK site. And oddly enough, one where a Q6 is actually £100 less than a P1. Go figure. I don't happen to see any similar pricing anomalies for round trip crossings on Cunard's US site, for what that's worth.

I have no experience with the Grills since they are out of my price range. So I don't have any particular expertise to offer to this discussion in that regard. But given the opportunity, I know I would pick the Q6 hands down.

Try to avoid 9001/9003 if you do not like the idea of cigar smoke potentially wafting down the corridor.

Thanks for your advice folks. I have booked 9009. I reckon that's far enough away from the cigar smoke/.

I had a friend in that suite (or adjacent) and it was fine.

Trust you have a great time when it finally comes to your cruise.