Platinums, what the heck is wrong with you??

Carol1560

Wanted to vent a little, and I think that it needs to be said.

Well my hubby and me(25 plus cruises) love the benefit of self disembarkment whenever the cruise ship docks at its end.

We always get up early clear out of the room and like to get down to the "assigned" area to wait for the ship to be cleared for disembarkment by customs. We have been platinum members for quite a while.

What is wrong with people who saunder down to the area at the last minute and think that they can stand in front of you and get off the ship before you??? We are all adults right? Well today I decided that I would make them famous by taking their pictures and telling them I was gonna post their pictures as line cutters.

I dont think you should have to even have a conversation with adults, cause they know. One of the line cutters told me that she had it done to her before and she didnt like it. Why would she do that then?? Are people getting more stupid??

Thanks

I was reading this and it had me wondering too. But then it hit me, it's Carnival. There are no rules or Controls.

HOLY COW!!! I sympathize with you CAROL1560 and it is you and I against 2,000 responses. I am Platinum also and understand your frustration. It is a promised benefit to get off early so why are so many cheating the system. Come on Carnival! Do your job and stop pretending there is no problem.

Now I suggest CAROL1560 that you and I take cover because shortly the responding rocks should soon be hurled. Oh and Carnival, not to worry. You and I are still buddies and I have Carnival cruises booked for 2019 and 2020.

Yikes! That rock almost got me!

HOLY COW!!! I sympathize with you CAROL1560 and it is you and I against 2,000 responses. I am Platinum also and understand your frustration. It is a promised benefit to get off early so why are so many cheating the system. Come on Carnival! Do your job and stop pretending there is no problem.

Now I suggest CAROL1560 that you and I take cover because shortly the responding rocks should soon be hurled. Oh and Carnival, not to worry. You and I are still buddies and I have Carnival cruises booked for 2019 and 2020.

LOL... Well, when in life something so small like "line cutters" (when disembarking) makes you mad enough to want to take a picture of them and threating them to post it, there is no help for you. Sorry

Wouldn't life be easier if the cruise line looked at what a mess this is ALL the time or at least our last 15 times doing it!

Why change the meeting spot to a place more equipped to handle this other than the dining room where people just pour into and drop luggage to block everyone else

Have ropes, make lines to form, give tickets AND check them. Their are solutions it just needs to be addressed

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Forums mobile app

Nobody is throwing rocks at you or the OP. Several folks have asked what the point of publicly shaming these people by posting their pictures would be. Are they planning on posting them here on CC? On Facebook? The chances of the offending party seeing those pictures is remote, and even if they were to see them I’m doubtful it would change their behavior in the future. Has the OP discussed this with Carnival directly? How did this impact their day in a significantly negative way?

Seems like a hell of a lot of frustration and angst over a seemingly minor thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sometimes I come to this website for the sole purpose of seeing what some folks get their knickers in a twist over. Often I'm disappointed that it is a real issue, other times I get a chuckle at what nonsense (my opinion) people get spun up over....this is one of those times. :'):')

Unfortunately, there will always be people who are intentionally oblivious to others or just plain oblivious. I try my best to keep my cool because as others have said, its not really worth your time. However, we are all human and sometimes we can't keep ourselves together.

On the other side, sometimes I think these people continue this behavior because they assume that 90% of the time, no one will call them out and they get away with it. Sigh. The world will never be perfect, its how we deal with the imperfections that matters.

Wouldn't life be easier if the cruise line looked at what a mess this is ALL the time or at least our last 15 times doing it!

Why change the meeting spot to a place more equipped to handle this other than the dining room where people just pour into and drop luggage to block everyone else

Have ropes, make lines to form, give tickets AND check them. Their are solutions it just needs to be addressed

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Forums mobile app

The truth of the matter is that the cruise line really does not care. They just want us off the ship as quickly as possible.

What is wrong with people who saunder down to the area at the last minute and think that they can stand in front of you and get off the ship before you??? We are all adults right? Well today I decided that I would make them famous by taking their pictures and telling them I was gonna post their pictures as line cutters.

Don't think they're getting "stupid," it's more like "rude." Sense of entitlement perhaps?

But honestly, the "worst" group of people I've ever cruised with was the inaugural trans-Atlantic crossing on the Vista. CCL had emailed every Platinum in their database and made us offers we couldn't refuse - so sadly - the passenger population was something like 60% Platinum. I don't know how we all squeezed into the Platinum party. But, it was TERRIBLE; line cutting, whining, overwhelming "sense of entitlement," by virtually everybody...like being surrounded by poor spoiled rich kids disguised as adults.

You have my sympathies!

Wanted to vent a little, and I think that it needs to be said.

Well my hubby and me(25 plus cruises) love the benefit of self disembarkment whenever the cruise ship docks at its end.

We always get up early clear out of the room and like to get down to the "assigned" area to wait for the ship to be cleared for disembarkment by customs. We have been platinum members for quite a while.

I dont think you should have to even have a conversation with adults, cause they know. One of the line cutters told me that she had it done to her before and she didnt like it. Why would she do that then?? Are people getting more stupid??

Thanks

It goes beyond that, new rules have to be made,,,

only 1 piece of luggage in self assist!

got 2 or more, too bad!

We saw people a couple weeks ago trying to maneuver 3 pieces of luggage plus a carry on! Of course they just held everyone up while they continually dropped things!:D

got 2 or more, too bad!

We saw people a couple weeks ago trying to maneuver 3 pieces of luggage plus a carry on! Of course they just held everyone up while they continually dropped things!:D

I do self assist with my carry on sized suitcase and under seat bag and I handle myself just fine. The smaller one goes on top of the larger one and I only have 1 thing to wheel. How many people travel on a week long cruise with truly only 1 case? I feel pretty good about 2 small ones!

How about instead of restricting luggage, we concentrate on the problem which is the issue of disorganization and not following the rules. I agree that Vista had the most organized Priority self assist I have ever experienced. If they all did it like that, there would be less issues. Oh and if people also followed directions which says you need to be able to handle your luggage for self assist, it would work more smoothly as well.

The irony is that I see these rude people as being the same ones earlier in the cruise who were calling people snowflakes.

Snowflakes are more susceptible to perceiving another's behavior as rude. Not saying that's the case here but just some food for thought I guess.

got 2 or more, too bad!

Except I have two hands and shoulders, as does my wife. At 34 years old, we feel we can safely navigate one piece of luggage each hand and a backpack on each of our shoulders.

Not everyone is a bumbling fool.

Except I have two hands and shoulders, as does my wife. At 34 years old, we feel we can safely navigate one piece of luggage each hand and a backpack on each of our shoulders.

Not everyone is a bumbling fool.

Agreed. At 59 I’m only bumbling moderately. The fool part is subjective. Ask the wife on that.

If there is NO line there are no line cutters!

On a cruise 2 years ago we arrived at the platinum lounge early, took our seats near the front, keeping our suitcases clear of the door so people could get in. Then our boys (16) went out for a last bathroom stop (or maybe track down "the cute girl"). When we got up to leave one woman start screaming at me for cutting in front of her. Screaming and screaming. Trying as many of you suggested to shame me. I guess she didn't realize we had been there long before her. It was just the boys that came back after she arrived.

AGAIN - with no line it is nearly impossible to know when each person arrived in the room. AND, I think people should be able to make a bathroom run!!!