Emerald Princess

Alaska Newbie

Sailed the Emerald for 14 days last Sept. in Europe & 3.5 years ago on a TA.

Really enjoyed the ship. Love the aft pool -- adults only!

The "3 sisters" (Ruby, Emerald, Crown) are my favorites.

Sailed on Emerald this past February/March from Auckland to Sydney and we had an incredible time. The ship was in excellent condition and the staff was top-notch. Food was impeccable, and we particularly enjoyed our meals at SHARE and The Salty Dog. :)

Just got assigned to cabin B709 on Emerald. 123 days out I'm a bit surprised to have a cabin assignment. We had a BF gty and ended up in a BD cabin. Not bad although for some weird reason I would prefer a Port side cabin. :confused: I think we will enjoy sailing on Emerald. I liked Crown which is the same class of ship. Especially liked Adagio. :D

• 10 months later...
Any thoughts good or bad on the Emerald Princess.

Have started to look at the California Coastal from Vancouver, round trip.

Thank you.

Too many cruise choices!

My daughter and I are booked for the California Coastal in September. If you decide to do it, be sure to join the roll call. There's a couple of good videos on You Tube that do a nice tour of the ship, you might find them helpful.

My daughter and I are booked for the California Coastal in September. If you decide to do it, be sure to join the roll call. There's a couple of good videos on You Tube that do a nice tour of the ship, you might find them helpful.

OP started this thread last summer. I'm thinking the cruise has been taken.....

We've sailed the Emerald twice, most recently in January. She's a good ship and we enjoyed our cruises.

A couple of down sides, for us, aren't really particular to the Emerald, but they still have the 'old' style tv's that are not on demand for free movies and shows--almost impossible to catch the beginning of a movie.

I was also really unhappy that the photos--we usually get the embarkation photo and often one in the dining room--had some recent changes.

For the embarkation photo, they took the exact same pose and presented it in two different formats or frames. I tried to buy just one; had to take both for $40, they wouldn't let me buy just one. Who wants the exact same photo in two different formats, especially when I'd rather have just the plain picture rather than the silly layout with decorations, etc.

We're booked on the Californian coastal, first time on Emerald but been on 6 other Princess Ships. Coral is our favourite.

We loved the Coral--and were nervous about going on the Emerald, fearing it would be too big. Just got back from the 30 day S. American cruise. I would say Emerald compares well to Coral. Very similar features and layout--it's just bigger. Our cruise was sold out but only once or twice did we feel crowded. Even with 3,000 people there are enough distinct areas and activities that it keeps people dispersed. Although beware of ambling on the promenade deck--the power walkers will mow you down and cast you overboard :)

Any thoughts good or bad on the Emerald Princess.

Have started to look at the California Coastal from Vancouver, round trip.

Thank you.

Too many cruise choices!

I thought she was a bit crowded, cruise before was on Diamond, pretty much the same public areas, but a Emerald had about 509 more passengers.

Just got assigned to cabin B709 on Emerald. 123 days out I'm a bit surprised to have a cabin assignment. We had a BF gty and ended up in a BD cabin. Not bad although for some weird reason I would prefer a Port side cabin. :confused: I think we will enjoy sailing on Emerald. I liked Crown which is the same class of ship. Especially liked Adagio. :D

Aaaa Thrak another who prefers Port for no apparent reason, we’re the same, if I have a choice, it’s always Port.