*** PHOTO Trip Journal aboard Carnival's CONQUEST (Sept. 2012, Caribbean) ***

daliflor

We are a cruising family of three and want to weight in regarding some of the latest comments. Our 2 cents may be biased as we happen to know the beautiful person behind the camera.

Premise: We thought our DD that if you don't have something nice to say, it is better not to say anything at all.

With that in mind, the OP did not post a review per say but chose to share with the CC community a personal trip journal - a Caribbean pictorial or in other words their own story told by the photos taken during a recent cruise in the Caribbean.

Would I have done it differently? Probably! Would anyone else would have done it differently? Sure! We all are unique individuals and the CC community has numerous reviews of the same sailing depicting different stories and different experiences and some of those are positive, some are negative.

Is it one right and the other one wrong? I don't think so because we are all coming from different walks of life, have different values and cruising for different reasons. Not to mention that we all may define "fun" from different perspectives.

Anyway, more than once, DW and DD had different opinions than myself on the same picture posted here.

Let's take a concrete example: OP posted a picture in Jamaica showing clearly the text of a young lady shoulder tattoo (can't see her face or full body).

First, raw reactions in our house: 1) DW: She's a pretty girl and she has a tattoo! 2) DD girlfriend (visiting our DD): I like her hair but she has acne on her back! 3) Myself: Interesting quote (tattoo) for such a young lady!

In conclusion, this is the OP story and it takes guts and lots of time and effort to post it here!

As long as the images are not offensive, the story is not compromise IMHO. So far, the OP showed respect for everyone's opinion and stayed away from judging people on this sailing or deliberately offending anyone.

Ultimately, we all have choices: don't like this type of review or the selection of the pictures? Don't visit! The CC community has so many shared reviews, so the offerings are not lacking!

As for us, we will continue to enjoy and to follow this story told on the CC board, the youtube channel and the website with the online photo albums. This is our choice and we do not ask anyone to agree with us but rather make their own decision!

Thank you for your comments on th OP. Everyone views a photo differently and their thoughts are different. I am enjoying following this review.

Her photos are beautiful. Yes there were some that I would not have posted but I was not there when they were taken and do not know the story behind them. To each there own.

Let us have more beautiful pictures to enjoy so we can dream of this cruise as if we were on it also.

Edited by retiredgram

Thank you all very much for the positive feedback and words of encouragement.

In addition, note that the criticism is also appreciated.

Dailiescover09282012-Copy.jpg

Moving along... Friday evening offered, as usual, various activities aboard Carnival's CONQUEST cruise ship.

P1820991v-Copy.jpg

We enjoyed very much the evening show that took place in the Toulouse Lautrec Lounge - "The juggling mastery of Victor Zuniga."

The master, originally from Mexico, proved to be a skilled juggler, but also a great comedian and entertainer.

VIDEO (The master juggler interacting with Abby from Australia):

The way he interacted with Abby (the girl from Australia brought on stage) proved that Victor Zuniga is also wonderful working with kids.

Bottom line: a talented and funny man, so we had a good time!

VIDEO (The master juggler and his apprentice, Abby from Australia): http://youtu.be/nY97mlkTD8g

Dailiespage209282012-Copy.jpg

After the evening show, moved to the SPA to get into the... Twilight zone!

The relaxing massage was a nice way to relax and get ready for the evening's MEGA DECK PARTY

(listed as one of the day's top 10 activities)!

Dailiespage109282012-Copy.jpg

The party started slow at first - - with music played by the Pool deck:

P1820996-Copy.jpg

Once the late seating dinner ended, the FUN & DANCING seemed to pick up!

P1830007-Copy.jpg

Our neighbors had some of the best seats in the house! : - ))

P1830004-Copy.jpg

Mega Deck PARTY aboard Carnival's CONQUEST cruise ship (Friday night, September 28th 2012)

P1830008-Copy.jpg

VIDEO (Mega Deck PARTY aboard the Conquest ship):

P1830013-Copy.jpg

P1830015-Copy.jpg

VIDEO (CONGA LINE during the Mega Deck PARTY aboard the Conquest ship):

Squishy, the Activities Manager/ Cruise Director Assistant (from UK) challenged us to beat the number of people

that got involved earlier in the Conga line aboard Carnival's Magic!

VIDEO (CONGA LINE finale @the Mega Deck PARTY aboard the Conquest ship):

Based on the count of people lined up for the CONGA, we won!

Only few people made the difference, so despite MAGIC having so many more passengers aboard the ship than us,

the CONQUEST cruisers were more active and won the Carnival Conga Line contest that Friday night!

P1830017-Copy.jpg

Mega Deck PARTY aboard Carnival's CONQUEST cruise ship (Friday night, September 28th 2012)

P1830018-Copy.jpg

TIP: Don't come to the dance floor with brand new shoes because you'll end up... dancing barefoot!

P1830032-Copy.jpg

P1830020-Copy.jpg

Illuminating DRINKS @ Mega Deck PARTY aboard Carnival's CONQUEST cruise ship (Friday night, September 28th 2012)

P1830021-Copy.jpg

P1830022-Copy.jpg

Now if you're wondering why there are NO dinner pictures posted for Friday evening... The photos below are the reason!

(got a tip from the CD earlier that day that this dessert extravaganza will be available before Midnight,

so decided to skip dinner to fully enjoy it!)

P1830038-Copy.jpg

P1830045-Copy.jpg

P1830047-Copy.jpg

P1830057-Copy.jpg

P1830054-Copy.jpg

P1830050-Copy.jpg

Unfortunately, the desserts did not taste as good as they look!...

Ended up enjoying coffee with some delicious... strawberry marshmallows! Hmmmm, so good!

P1830059-Copy.jpg

P1830058-Copy.jpg

P1830039-Copy.jpg

MEXICO ended up to be probably the best day overall of this Western Caribbean cruise!

Dailiesschedule09282012-Copy.jpg

After the Mega Deck Party and the fancy desserts, we enjoyed the Adult Comedy show.

P1020598Mikes-Copy.jpg

Then it was time to say, once again, GOOD NIGHT, Moon!

P1820989-Copy.jpg

Good night, STARS! 'til tomorrow morning - Last FUN Day at Sea!

P1830103-Copy.jpg

P1830105-Copy.jpg

P1830108-Copy.jpg

"When dreaming I'm guided to another world

Time and time again

At sunrise I fight to stay asleep

'Cause I don't want to leave the comfort of this place

'Cause there's a hunger, a longing to escape

From the life I live when I'm awake...

So let's go there

Let's make our escape!"

P1830112v-Copy.jpg