Zydecocruiser's Carnival Conquest Fun Ship 2.0 Photo Review

Sargent_Schultz

We cruised on Carnival Conquest Nov 25-Dec 2, 2012 from New Orleans to Roatan, Belize, and Cozumel. It was my 5th time on Carnival Conquest. Spoiler alert - the cruise was GREAT!

I took lots of pictures, including pictures of FOOD. Imagine that!

I also plan on posting some before and after Fun Ship 2.0 pictures which may be of interest to some.

ZhQxQt0hiW1ZXiWYHz49GLrfaU4uBAe0300.jpg

That explains why I couldn't get out there. When we walked up front to go out I new that's what they had done. Thanks for the pic to confirm my thought. Enjoyed meeting you on this cruise and looking forward to your review.

Now a real secret deck - I couldn't find any unlocked doors to get there - maybe next time.

DSC_1129_DxO.jpg

Naturally I was curious what the 2.0 was all about. I sort of knew what was added, but wanted to do some quick reconnaissance work to get my new bearings.

From the days on no seaside theatre

IMG_6488.JPG

then there was one

DSC_3603.JPG

and I think some enhancements, although I did notice some dead areas from time too time.

DSC_1131_DxO.jpg

That explains why I couldn't get out there. When we walked up front to go out I new that's what they had done. Thanks for the pic to confirm my thought. Enjoyed meeting you on this cruise and looking forward to your review.

It was great meeting everyone. The observation area was moved up a deck, but they always seemed to have the doors locked. I imagine there is a way, but there was so much more to discover.

Thanks to the menu and photo's of the MDR I have already planned my meals for may 5,2013 sailing. Lol

Been on conquest only once ( out of Galveston)

We were on ncl star over thanksgiving. Gee did we have a good meal thanksgiving night.

Thanks again for the pics, especially the menu's you posted.

Thanks to the menu and photo's of the MDR I have already planned my meals for may 5,2013 sailing. Lol

Been on conquest only once ( out of Galveston)

We were on ncl star over thanksgiving. Gee did we have a good meal thanksgiving night.

Thanks again for the pics, especially the menu's you posted.

You're welcome.

That stinks that they put so many cabins at the front of the Lido deck. I like how they still kept the deck on the Liberty, but you just can't use the wings anymore because there's cabins there.

There are still observation "wings" but they didn't seem to be open to the public, or at least weren't on our sailing. They moved the observation area up 1 deck.

Well, what went to make room for the enhancements? Carnival redid the pool area including moving the hot tubs from the pool area forward and removing a bunch of lounge chairs from Lido.

Before

DSC_3624.JPG

For better or worse (I vote Better), Mongolian Wok was eliminated to make room for Guys

DSC_3883.JPG

DSC_3882.JPG

before I forget again - found another before picture of the bridge and old observation area

DSC_3469.JPG