Mike & Tracy’s continuing adventures: B2B on Carnival Liberty & Carnival Breeze

MikeyA53

your reviews!! Going back to Belize for a second time next year. Your excursion was thru Carnival? How many zip lines were there? How much was the excursion?

We cave tubed last time and personally thought it a little boring. But mixed with the zip lining and rapelling it would be a fun day.

Thanks for the review!:D

Thank you, yes it was through Carnival and the cost was $169.99.There was 5 zip lines.

The Mardi Gras Contest in the Victoria Lounge.

Karl the cruise director

DSC_0651_zps1f5616ec.jpg

DSC_0652_zps4eb31bfe.jpg

DSC_0653_zpsbe4aeb83.jpg

DSC_0654_zpsc1a5ecec.jpg

DSC_0655_zpsc9d776c3.jpg

DSC_0656_zps73ac0db7.jpg

Karl is such an awesome CD. I was really sad to hear that he was retiring from Carnival and I truly wish him the best! Such a nice guy!

Karl is such an awesome CD. I was really sad to hear that he was retiring from Carnival and I truly wish him the best! Such a nice guy!

Karl is said to be taking 6 months off to consider whether or not he will be returning as a CD. I hope he does, although, I can understand why he would decide otherwise.

He is an outstanding CD and personality.

Really enjoying your review, Mike!

Edited by soccersharon

I love your reviews you do such a great job and the pictures are beautiful!! We were on the sensation at the same time I just realized. I know you posted at the beginning of your review what cameras you used all together, but which one was used for the beautiful sunset pictures you just posted?

Have a question, have your children ever participated in a Club o2 or Circle C excursion during port days? I noted in the posts for one of the older clubs the Turtle Farm in Grand Cayman was offered.

No, never have.

My DD is moving up to the 12-14 group, (which I can never remember if it's O2 or C), for our next cruise and was curious.

She will be in the Circle C club.

I love those pictures of Tracy and you on the deck with the sun in the back ground.

So do I. :)

Love the pictures of you and Tracy and the sunset. I really like Tracy's necklace.

I got her that necklace on a previous cruise, it's from the Swarovski collection.

I know the guy must have been disinfecting the slide but how did he get there?

Thanks, hopefully the slide was dry otherwise it must have been difficult. :eek:

Edited by MikeyA53

I love your reviews you do such a great job and the pictures are beautiful!! We were on the sensation at the same time I just realized. I know you posted at the beginning of your review what cameras you used all together, but which one was used for the beautiful sunset pictures you just posted?

I was using the big old camera, Nikon D50.

Today’s excursion was planned months in advance. We booked a private tour with Victor Bodden Tours.

The cost:

2 guests- $40 per person

3 guests- $30 per person

4 or more guests- $25 per person

Children under age 5 are no charge

After reading reviews on cruise critic I requested Tex as our guide and received a confirmation E-mail that he was available. With a private tour you can pick and choose your activities. There is an added cost for such things as zip lining, snorkeling, the Tropical Butterfly Garden and much more but all we wanted was to tour the island. You do not have to pay in advance.

We all went for breakfast on the Lido deck.

DSC_0702_zps223ad755.jpg

When we were ready to disembark Arielle was not feeling well, plus she had a terrible sunburn and she decided to stay on the ship. Bye Sweetie, hope you feel better soon.

DSC_0701_zpse55e5b53.jpg

DSC_0704_zpsadeab5c0.jpg

DSC_0705_zpsc09332d0.jpg

DSC_0706_zps02d5bef8.jpg

DSC_0707_zps9cf89dde.jpg

When you land at Mahogany Bay in Isla Roatan, all private tours are not allowed to come to the port; you have to leave the area. It’s a short taxis ride or 5 minute walk. They are allowed to return you to the pier after your tour.

Leaving the gate

DSC_0709_zpsfa6a0d9b.jpg

Then up the small hill and it’s on the other side

DSC_0708_zps632c680e.jpg

DSC_0710_zpsdaa790a7.jpg

Awesome review so far! I read your Pride review before going on my very first cruise on the Pride in 2011. Now I'm totally addicted! DH and I went on our honeymoon cruise on the Freedom in 2012. This year we went on the Liberty in April and the Glory in July. The Liberty is our favorite ship so far. Before going on our Glory cruise, I got a lot of great information from your Glory review (we took the four day to Saint John). This was the first cruise for my stepson and stepdaughter and I showed them photos from your Glory review so they'd know what to expect! Can't wait to see the Breeze part of the review. :)