Updating Preferences

Zombatar

We had the same problem Redlandpolly. I receive emailings from P&O addressed to me and my husband receives promotions through the post addressed to him. I have a P&O account linked to our email address and changed my preferences on that some time ago (haven't checked since whether it is showing loyalty points or not). My husband received notification through the post about updating his preferences and we did it over the phone yesterday. Hopefully he will still have his loyalty points!

Michele

We had the same problem Redlandpolly. I receive emailings from P&O addressed to me and my husband receives promotions through the post addressed to him. I have a P&O account linked to our email address and changed my preferences on that some time ago (haven't checked since whether it is showing loyalty points or not). My husband received notification through the post about updating his preferences and we did it over the phone yesterday. Hopefully he will still have his loyalty points!

Michele

I should check to see! The lady at P&O apparently can see mine - but we can't! That's ok as long as the system recognises us and applies the % discount on board but if not I will not be happy!

Just been and checked in my account and all my previous cruises and points are showing along with our future cruises booked. So thankfully all seems OK. Only thing is that we can't make sure my husband's points are all OK as he doesn't have an account, so we just have to take the word of the person he spoke to on the phone! We'll have to wait until September to see!

Michele

My loyalty tier isn't showing either on my account or cruise personaliser. I rang them yesterday evening and was told I have no points! He then went away for what seemed a very long time and when he returned he said they had rebooted the computer and they would show in 24 - 48 hours............I won't be holding my breath ;)

My loyalty tier isn't showing either on my account or cruise personaliser. I rang them yesterday evening and was told I have no points! He then went away for what seemed a very long time and when he returned he said they had rebooted the computer and they would show in 24 - 48 hours............I won't be holding my breath ;)

If a reboot was going to work, wouldn't it sort it straight away? My 'Refresh' certainly didn't. Or am I missing something? I wonder if the 1 - 2 day delay is in the hope that they can get the computer program fixed. It clearly has a glitch!

I have the letter here which says "updated preferences may take up to 28 days to take effect". Not sure what to do about o/h as all correspondence is in my name.

If a reboot was going to work, wouldn't it sort it straight away? My 'Refresh' certainly didn't. Or am I missing something? I wonder if the 1 - 2 day delay is in the hope that they can get the computer program fixed. It clearly has a glitch!

My guess would be that the loyalty points are held in a separate database than the marketing information held in My Account and that the link from My Account to the loyalty database is in place for some and not for others. Should be a simple thing for P&O to rectify.

• 2 weeks later...
My guess would be that the loyalty points are held in a separate database than the marketing information held in My Account and that the link from My Account to the loyalty database is in place for some and not for others. Should be a simple thing for P&O to rectify.

Just been into my account to check it out and under Loyalty it says something to the effect that the page isn't available at the moment but don't worry your loyalty points are safe. That's good to know but it's taking some time to sort. Interestingly the Loyalty tab is the only one I can get to work directing me to the message above. No other tabs eg Your Details etc respond at all!

• 2 weeks later...

I've just tried to go on the points website and can't see anything to click so have emailed them. I must say there is no legal need as far as I can see for P&O to require as per GDPR for us to say we want to stay in the scheme. It would fall within legitimate business interest for P&O to keep these details, and simply updating their privacy policy would have likely sufficed. I worry they either have very poor legal representation or they are using it as an opportunity to wipe clean lots of loyalty points. :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

I am not sure why P&O are making such a drama out of GDPR, most firms just seem to be sending advisory e-mails pointing out that things are changing, and if you want to check your existing preferences giving you links to do so.

It looks as though Carnival UK have, as usual, got their knickers in a twist because their management is not really fit for purpose.

I had problems when trying to log in to change preferences after receiving a letter with a code on it. I rang P&O and a nice lady did it for me. I do wonder why they have made it so difficult, I have had literally hundreds of messages from various companies, the majority where you stayed on their system by default.

I had problems when trying to log in to change preferences after receiving a letter with a code on it. I rang P&O and a nice lady did it for me. I do wonder why they have made it so difficult, I have had literally hundreds of messages from various companies, the majority where you stayed on their system by default.
That is my experience too.

P&O and Princess made it sound like you would lose your loyalty if you didn't reply and my emails from them have increased since.

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Forums mobile app

Just seen this under My Loyalty:

How you have earned your points

Below is a history of the cruises you have taken under the P&O Cruises Peninsular Club. Please see 'Your cruises' tab above for any future cruises you have booked.

Sorry, this page is not quite ready; it will be available in a couple of week’s time. Don't worry your Peninsular Club points are safe, just remember to add your URN (unique reference number) into the My Details tab. If you need to update this information urgently, please call our team on 0800 358 1023.