Help our cabin is not what we expected!

eddiecat

It also disappoints me when posters ask for information and members reply providing loads of detail in long posts and often it appears a fair bit of research has been done on the OP's behalf with links etc. Then they haven't the manners to offer thanks - or even give any indication they've bothered to read the replies. I know I shouldn't, but I always feel disappointed by such an omission.

It also disappoints me when posters ask for information and members reply providing loads of detail in long posts and often it appears a fair bit of research has been done on the OP's behalf with links etc. Then they haven't the manners to offer thanks - or even give any indication they've bothered to read the replies. I know I shouldn't, but I always feel disappointed by such an omission.

I agree but I put a positive spend on things. Yes we post the reply for the OP and if they never come back it is on them... but really we are not posting for the OP but we are posting for all those who want to learn more or have had this problem or this question about cruises. It is not good that OP does not even reply but many more will learn from the questions and replies. As for the OP it is their lost not mine.

They upgraded me on our last cruise, even though I had booked on board and specifically asked for No Upgrade. We had been moved from D deck just forward of midships to A deck. To my mind moving me up there under the Lido deck is not an upgrade, it's a downgrade, although the price is higher, not sure why. I spent some time on the phone getting us moved back.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I have learnt. I have a superior Deluxe Balcony DE Early Saver booked on Azura for July 19. My agent told me that none of these grade of cabin are bad and that the only thing booking a higher grade (albeit an Early Saver) would result in nothing more than gaining a more mid-ship position (I don't care about that) and that there is only deck D and deck E with these cabins and either deck is fine.

However, I have spent the last hour or so checking reviews and pictures of all the DE grade cabins on Azura and am confident that what he told me is correct, although I am now starting to be fearful of getting an 'upgrade' which is not an upgrade on the basis that the small print says that Guaranteed DE means you will get that grade cabin or something 'higher'.

Time will tell. :-)

Well, I have learnt. I have a superior Deluxe Balcony DE Early Saver booked on Azura for July 19. My agent told me that none of these grade of cabin are bad and that the only thing booking a higher grade (albeit an Early Saver) would result in nothing more than gaining a more mid-ship position (I don't care about that) and that there is only deck D and deck E with these cabins and either deck is fine.

However, I have spent the last hour or so checking reviews and pictures of all the DE grade cabins on Azura and am confident that what he told me is correct, although I am now starting to be fearful of getting an 'upgrade' which is not an upgrade on the basis that the small print says that Guaranteed DE means you will get that grade cabin or something 'higher'.

Time will tell. :-)

The higher cabins than DE are all on D deck nearer the middle. Unless you get a suite.

Sent from my iPad using Forums