Air2Sea - Sweet spot for purchasing?

DH and I recently booked a Med cruise on Rhapsody for September 1, 2018. Air2Sea has a round-trip between Washington, DC and Venice for $805 (one stop each way). That price looks pretty good to me, but I've seen some crazy low prices posted here and can't help wondering whether it'll go down. Fares for our dates were just released in the last couple of days. Any insight from those of you who've used Air2Sea?

DH and I recently booked a Med cruise on Rhapsody for September 1, 2018. Air2Sea has a round-trip between Washington, DC and Venice for $805 (one stop each way). That price looks pretty good to me, but I've seen some crazy low prices posted here and can't help wondering whether it'll go down. Fares for our dates were just released in the last couple of days. Any insight from those of you who've used Air2Sea?

I've seen no particular pattern in Air2Sea prices.

Unfortunately there is no real rule on this. Multiple factors can cause prices to go in any direction. My personal belief is that _most frequently_ early purchase is better on complex itins like Europe or open jaw. On the other hand, round trips between US end points have some history behind them and _tend_ to hit their lowest price at the widely quoted 3-6 months before departure point. But neither of the above is certain.

I agree with the 3-6 month window for Europe. My problem with buying tickets too far out is that the airlines cancel flights and move you to another flight.

It has happened to me on both Air2Sea and booking direct. I book at a convenient time for me at a price that is more than the earliest morning flights and they cancel them. By the time they do this the seats on the new flight are very limited. . . . and I have paid higher prices for the later morning flight and then am assigned what was a cheaper very early flight.

On my last cruise which left from Vancouver [iAD to YVR] by the time my first flight was cancelled and I was rebooked there were only middle seats. We had each previously booked an aisle seat.

Thank you for your replies. Turns out we have another 6 days to mull this over. I called Air2Sea to ask a couple of questions and was told that it's too soon to book the return flights -- even though I was able to see them on the web site. If the price is the same next time I call, I'm inclined to book. I think it would drive me crazy to wait until 3-6 months out to see whether prices go down!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We booked LAX to Heathrow last March for a oneway flight the end of this month. Economy was a little over $400.00 and premium economy, which we booked, was $625.00 I checked today and economy was $232.00 and premium economy was $975.00. Economy prices have been cut in half but no idea as to what location seats are available. happy cruising

Try it as two one ways. I bet it will be cheaper.

Thank you, Tag and internetwhiz. Those are the kind of prices I'm hoping for! As of yesterday, the price for a round-trip vs. two 1-ways was about the same. I'll definitely price our itinerary both ways. Internetwhiz, how far in advance did you book?

Thank you, Tag and internetwhiz. Those are the kind of prices I'm hoping for! As of yesterday, the price for a round-trip vs. two 1-ways was about the same. I'll definitely price our itinerary both ways. Internetwhiz, how far in advance did you book?

I booked the one for this fall the second day it was open for booking, 329 days before the Delta flight.

• 2 weeks later...

OP here, checking in with an update. I wasn't quite ready to pull the trigger at $805. I kept checking every few days, and late last week came upon $669/person. Bingo! We're just over 10 months out, and while there might be an even lower price later, I wasn't willing to risk it!