taxi fare Sydney airport to CBD hotel

Hello,

Would anyone know the approximate taxi fare from Sydney airport to the Hyatt Regency on Sussex St., Darling Harbour? I am trying to decide if it would be cheaper to take a cab from the stand at the airport or pre arrange to have a taxi meet me and take me to the hotel.

Any information would be helpful.

Thanks in advance.

Barb

Hello,

Would anyone know the approximate taxi fare from Sydney airport to the Hyatt Regency on Sussex St., Darling Harbour? I am trying to decide if it would be cheaper to take a cab from the stand at the airport or pre arrange to have a taxi meet me and take me to the hotel.

Any information would be helpful.

Thanks in advance.

Barb

The booking fee is about $2.50 (May have gone up slightly since I last checked) but the fare will be the same.

I have never paid 60-70 from anywhere in Syd CBD - especially from Darling Harbour - just tell them to go the O'Riordan street way - average $25 to $35 even on a bad traffic day.

I suppose the estimator is allowing for the drivers that don't go that way then.

Isnt there also an airport surcharge for airport pick ups?

I have not been to Sydney in 2 years but the cab then cost $55 odd from domestic to half way down Pitt st.

Unless they have changed cars most Sydney Taxi,s are rubbish for cruise passengers as they need to put the luggage inside on the car seats! its a struggle with 2 people and cruise luggage so a small family would need a maxi or at least a station wagon.

I have not been to Sydney in 2 years but the cab then cost $55 odd from domestic to half way down Pitt st.

Unless they have changed cars most Sydney Taxi,s are rubbish for cruise passengers as they need to put the luggage inside on the car seats! its a struggle with 2 people and cruise luggage so a small family would need a maxi or at least a station wagon.

Yep surcharge is $4.something.

Even any other direction I have never paid more than $40. I am up there 5 or 6 times a year as recently as 3 weeks ago.

I haven't caught a taxi from the airport for a few years as we tend to either get the train or the bus there. You are certainly getting it at a good price.:D

Hi,

We have a cruise coming up from Sydney and will be flying in the day before and staying at the Hyatt Regency as well. We always use Omni limos for a Sydney airport transfer to the CBD or airport, seems the same or less that taxi fares and better service. Current price is $47. Have a look at https://www.omnicar.com.au and no I don't work for them, just used them a few times.

Cheers

Steve

fishtaco being from Perth can you answer a couple of question please

when arriving at Perth domestic airport is Qantas and Virgin flights arrive at the same terminal as i'm flying Qantas and my friend is flying Virgin and we want to meet up

going to Fremantle is the shuttle the best way to get there

I will jump in and answer one of your questions. If there are two of you the shuttle would be by far the cheapest. It is about a 45 minute drive from the airport to the cruise terminal in Fremantle. The taxi fare is well in excess of $60. I think it is likely that both flights will arrive at the same terminal. It is not very large.

I will jump in and answer one of your questions. If there are two of you the shuttle would be by far the cheapest. It is about a 45 minute drive from the airport to the cruise terminal in Fremantle. The taxi fare is well in excess of $60. I think it is likely that both flights will arrive at the same terminal. It is not very large.

thanks Yvonne

fishtaco being from Perth can you answer a couple of question please

when arriving at Perth domestic airport is Qantas and Virgin flights arrive at the same terminal as i'm flying Qantas and my friend is flying Virgin and we want to meet up

going to Fremantle is the shuttle the best way to get there

Maybe bad news:( Virgin domestic at present fly in and out of T1 which is the international airport,I know cos wife flew to Tassie and back on virgin in Dec.

QF flights 1-399 come in at T1 but all the other QF,s come in at T4 and T3 which is the domestic terminals,I know this off hand because its on my tickets for next Friday :) by road they are miles away, by runway short walk but not allowed! lol

Domestic to CBD is almost half the cost of intetnational to CBD by Taxi

There is a free shuttle between airports but I have never seen it.

Taxi to Freo from airport can set you back $80+

Not sure of the shuttle price but I would shuttle or cab to the main train station ,one short straight line to Freo and Perth trains are usually empty so no luggage problems.

Best lesurly option is ferry from Barrack st area to Freo cruising past one of the most spectacular river views in the world and millionairs row

It will be around AU$50-$60 to the City Centre. Maybe try an Uber if you want it for less. Someone said $25-$35 for a taxi to the city - no way!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I agree it cost me over $55 2 years ago but the cabbie might have been taking the P@#S you just dont know unless you fly inter state all the time.

Maybe bad news:( Virgin domestic at present fly in and out of T1 which is the international airport,I know cos wife flew to Tassie and back on virgin in Dec.

QF flights 1-399 come in at T1 but all the other QF,s come in at T4 and T3 which is the domestic terminals,I know this off hand because its on my tickets for next Friday :) by road they are miles away, by runway short walk but not allowed! lol

Domestic to CBD is almost half the cost of intetnational to CBD by Taxi

There is a free shuttle between airports but I have never seen it.

Taxi to Freo from airport can set you back $80+

Not sure of the shuttle price but I would shuttle or cab to the main train station ,one short straight line to Freo and Perth trains are usually empty so no luggage problems.

Best lesurly option is ferry from Barrack st area to Freo cruising past one of the most spectacular river views in the world and millionairs row

thanks for that, i just check the flight details and Virgin does say T1 and my Qantas is QF551 which is T3/4......we'll maybe get a shuttle and they can pick us both up

thanks for that, i just check the flight details and Virgin does say T1 and my Qantas is QF551 which is T3/4......we'll maybe get a shuttle and they can pick us both up

Its hard to know much about Perth inter terminal shuttle when you live here as there is no reason for those living in Perth to get the shuttle because Perth terminals to anyone's home has possibly the least traffic anywhere in Australia and they are so easy to get to.

Apart from the FIFOs and international visitors the vast majority just drive and drop off people at both airports because it just isnt a hassle.

Every time we fly family and friends offer to drop us off and pick us up and we do the same. I visit the airports all the time but fly nowhere because I am dropping off and picking up,its always been this way:)

Depends on the time and the day, as traffic can be a factor and double the price.

https://www.taxifare.com.au/rates/australia/sydney/

Perhaps consider UBER as well.

Interesting - if taxis are in short supply then expect Surge Pricing with Uber - ie the Costs will go up

To the OP - just take one from the taxi rank - I assume were talking International terminal - there will be a good supply there - or if you like Uber then its easy to get picked up at the airport. We don't have Lyft here

Its hard to know much about Perth inter terminal shuttle when you live here as there is no reason for those living in Perth to get the shuttle because Perth terminals to anyone's home has possibly the least traffic anywhere in Australia and they are so easy to get to.

Apart from the FIFOs and international visitors the vast majority just drive and drop off people at both airports because it just isnt a hassle.

Every time we fly family and friends offer to drop us off and pick us up and we do the same. I visit the airports all the time but fly nowhere because I am dropping off and picking up,its always been this way:)

we are going to Freo and i googled this shuttle company http://myairshuttle.com.au/ and they charge $42 for 2 people and the reviews are good on FB