CB Steamers Review

patrickmoran

:):):)

We enjoyed our recent dinner at Steamers. We went around 6 pm on the 1st formal night. The service was excellent and the food was very good. The space was about half full when we left.

I had the mussels steamer. I had 2 dozen mussels, 2 large scallops, 2 pieces of sausage, corn and potatoes in the cioppino sauce (very mild). The mussels were good size and tasty. The scallops were excellent. My wife had the broiled platter. The scallops and shrimp were small but tasty according to her. The fish was good. We both had the Key Lime dessert. It was very good.

Overall, it was a good value.

Nice review. This is an important time in the future of Steamers to see how it is accepted during the winter cruise season. We enjoyed it on the TA reposition last October on this ship, but the real test is during the Caribbean/Panama cycle.

Food is very subjective, but since we just dined there, I'll share our experience. Four in our party had dinner there on the 1/3 Panama Canal sailing. All ordered the broiled platter. The two shrimp and two scallops we received were very good. The crab stuffed flounder was covered with a gummy sauce and the crab was very mushy. The texture and flavor of the fish and crab were not fresh. The chowder and the salad were fine. We all had the key lime dessert which was very good. However, we would not return. Based on this experience, we elected not to try Planks.