MSC ORCHESTRA - Just off - some comments (March 14th to March 26th, 2018 - 12 night)

RoyalVisit

Thank you SO much for these great details! Will definitely avoid the Genoa excursion :). I'm finding it hard to figure out what to do in that port. Maybe we will just wander around a bit and take it easy. We only have one sea day scheduled so that will be a nice break.

I'm glad you find the info useful. Getting good value and a positive experience is what I look for. I don't expect miracles but I do expect at least to be entertained for the hours I spend on an excursion.

Genoa also has hills which you with see as you exit the port area so I'm not sure how easy it is to explore on your own from the port, you might need a taxi or shuttle to the town centre. Our guide also warned us about pick pockets there too.

Thank you SO much for these great details! Will definitely avoid the Genoa excursion :). I'm finding it hard to figure out what to do in that port. Maybe we will just wander around a bit and take it easy. We only have one sea day scheduled so that will be a nice break.

I enjoyed reading your review as it reminded me of the horrific cruise I took on the Seaside in Jan. Food was terrible,service was terrible, and guest services was a joke. The only thing you were not lucky enough to experience was the constant sewer smell being pumped into the room thru the AC. It's a shame because the ship is beautiful and we were excited to be able to cruise on it but were terribly let down. I could go on and on about the problems we had but you live and learn. This so called "European style" of cruising is not for me!

• 2 weeks later...