Paradise 9/11 Sailing out of Tampa

iBrandon3

As of right now, YOUR Carnival Paradise will both debark and embark tomorrow (9/7/17) as scheduled, however there may be some itinerary changes as this is a Cuba cruise.

Stay Tuned - Stay Safe!

I've been searching to find this anywhere on the Carnival pages without success. Can you tell me where this is posted ?

Yes, I would like to know as well. Carnival said they will have an update at 1pm today. We have a 12-13 hour drive so I need to know to make plans. We were originally going to leave on Friday and spend a few days in Tampa before porting on Monday now it is a wait and see. I have a feeling it will be canceled. :(

Yes, I would like to know as well. Carnival said they will have an update at 1pm today. We have a 12-13 hour drive so I need to know to make plans. We were originally going to leave on Friday and spend a few days in Tampa before porting on Monday now it is a wait and see. I have a feeling it will be canceled. :(

I live in the Tampa area and I can tell you that right now it is very hard to find gas. People are waiting in long lines and many gas stations are out. I do not think you will want to drive to Tampa on Friday.

The latest spaghetti models had Irma going more east but it's still too early to know where it's going. We live in an evacuation zone and are preparing for a possible evacuation this weekend.

I am supposed to be on the Paradise on Monday 9/11- my flight was canceled and I'm now waiting for an update to see what they are doing. I'm coming from NY. Anyone else know anything?

Carnival has nothing to do with your flight. It's your responsibility to get there.

We're on the same cruise. We're travelling from the midwest and had our Sunday flight to TPA cancelled. We rebooked a Sunday flight to JAX and are renting a car to get us to TPA. Perhaps an alternative like this would work for you...

Carnival has nothing to do with your flight. It's your responsibility to get there.

We're on the same cruise. We're travelling from the midwest and had our Sunday flight to TPA cancelled. We rebooked a Sunday flight to JAX and are renting a car to get us to TPA. Perhaps an alternative like this would work for you...

Fingers crossed for you, but I think it's not looking good.

I am supposed to be on the Paradise on Monday 9/11- my flight was canceled and I'm now waiting for an update to see what they are doing. I'm coming from NY. Anyone else know anything?

In case you are not aware: you can sign up for Carnival's text alerts for Paradise 9/11 sailing by texting CCL16 to 278473. I'd be surprised if you hear anything before Saturday if there are changes for this sailing. Personally I'd be leery of flying into an area everyone else is fleeing from, especially knowing Tampa is already evacuating Hurricane Zone A and reading first-hand reports from locals saying hotels are full and gas is hard to find. Best wishes for a safe vacation.

This is the latest track from the National Hurricane Center: http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/graphics_at1.shtml?cone#contents

The track has been getting farther west with each run. Driving from Jacksonville to Tampa would require you to drive through the path of a hurricane. Please do not consider this.

I have friends in Jacksonville and they are evacuating tomorrow. There is almost no good place in the state to be right now.

In case you're still not convinced, this was just posted on Facebook by our local weather station:

Afternoon thoughts. I just checked my inbox and have over 1500 unread messages. I appreciate that you are reaching out to ME for important information, but I apologize that I am not going to be able to answer all of them. It is logistically impossible. I do want to touch on some of the more frequent questions. Everyone wants to know. "I live in ___________, what will I get?" The answer is, everyone is going to have hurricane conditions beginning as soon as Sunday afternoon. There will be stronger winds in areas south of Tampa because the storm will be weakening as it moves north. The storm is so big, and the wind field is so expansive, that strong and sometimes damaging winds will be felt over a large area. Here is another "I'm thinking about leaving, where should I go" The answer is, make sure you are not going from one lousy situation to another lousy situation. If you stay in your well built concrete block home, chances are on Monday things will be a mess and you won't have power. If you drive 30 miles to a friends house chances are on Monday things will be a mess and you won't have power. If you are told to evacuate, you evacuate. If you live in a mobile home I would shelter in a well built structure. If you want to get out of dodge. Head north, but make sure you have confirmed a place to stay. Hotel options are limited. Regarding Irma. I am watching to see if Irma's path near or over Cuba will weaken it significantly. There is a chance it may weaken, though some reintensification is likely after it leaves Cuba and heads for the Keys. The threat to the Naples area is increasing. The Euro has landfall near Naples with the potential of a deadly storm surge west of US 41. In Tampa Bay we will have a long spell of strong east and northeast winds which will LOWER the water levels in the Bay, There may be some flooding on the backside of the storm as winds turn west and southwest for a time. It should not be major. Lots of things can and will change in the next few days. Stay with me. I am on it! www.myfoxhurricane.com

John Heald posted:

Carnival Paradise – September 11

Now scheduled to depart Tampa on Tuesday September 12 on a 4 day cruise to Cozumel.

Weather Update – 09/08/17 – 4:00 PM (EDT)

Guests on one of the following sailings who are unable to travel will receive future cruise credits:

- Carnival Paradise – September 7

- Carnival Sensation – September 7

- Carnival Fascination – September 10

- Carnival Paradise – September 11

Due to heavy call volume, you do not have to call Carnival to receive your future cruise credit as this will be automatically processed within 30 days.

Anyone else on the 9/11 Paradise sailing out of Tampa? I figured it is still a little early to make a call or not. What does everyone else think the chances of this sailing getting cancelled?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

i spoke to the harbor master at port of tampa today. he said the port is closed this mon. the 11th. have not heard yet from carnival. this is very disturbing. this would have been our 25th cruise on carnival. just wish someone would say what is happening.

I am currently on the Paradise that left Tampa on September 7th. We were supposed to return on the 11th but won't be coming back until the 12th (depending upon the condition of the port) - so the ship won't be at the port for anyone that was supposed to cruise on the 11th.

We were able to visit Cuba as planned on Friday, but needed to leave after midnight instead of 11 a.m. on Saturday to avoid Irma. Carnival has also added an extra stop in Cozumel.

In addition, they have given us access to make free calls from our cabin phones to communicate the extended cruise timeline with family; a thoughtful gesture that has helped to make it easier to change travel arrangements for getting home later than planned.

I am currently on the Paradise that left Tampa on September 7th. We were supposed to return on the 11th but won't be coming back until the 12th (depending upon the condition of the port) - so the ship won't be at the port for anyone that was supposed to cruise on the 11th.

We were able to visit Cuba as planned on Friday, but needed to leave after midnight instead of 11 a.m. on Saturday to avoid Irma. Carnival has also added an extra stop in Cozumel.

In addition, they have given us access to make free calls from our cabin phones to communicate the extended cruise timeline with family; a thoughtful gesture that has helped to make it easier to change travel arrangements for getting home later than planned.

How has the weather been so far for you? Also how was Cuba doing in the wake of Irma? We sail on her on the 21st. During hurricane Sandy we were on a cruise ship that was suppose to go to Bermuda but instead went to Boston. Now we are sailing on the heel of another hurricane.

Hope you have a great cruise. Please come back and let us know how it went on your modified cruise from Tampa.

Safe travels!

Surprisingly enough, the weather has been terrific and the seas fairly calm. Havana hadn't been hit when we left so hopefully, the port and city won't experience much damage. When we were there, Irma was hitting the northern coast but we wouldn't have known it if it wasn't for the news. We had a fairly sunny day with a lot of tourists driving around in classic convertibles.

We are now still on our way to the added stop in Cozumel, experiencing partly sunny skies and fairly calm seas.

We join everyone else in waiting to see what will occur in Tampa to know if and when we will be able to return there.

We're supposed to sail the 12th. Carnival has been texting and calling. I have no problem with them. It will be impossible to determine what's going to happen. This area has NEVER had a storm like this. I'm hoping the Skyway doesn't get damaged. It is closed now.

The port could be damaged, or not. We're going to lose power. That's a given. We may not even be able to drive to the port. We just don't know and won't until 8am Monday Morning.