How may voyage credits and days did/will it take you to reach Elite?

gottagocit

I saw a post in another thread where someone was commenting on the number of voyages it takes some to do so. It prompted me to start a thread to see what the average seems to be across the readers of this board. Just curious I suppose.

For starters:

We have 11 voyage credits and 105 days and have 4 reserved so we will get there with 15 credits and 146 days

Edited: Sorry needed to correct our numbers after checking my profile.

Edited by gottagocit

I saw a post in another thread where someone was commenting on the number of voyages it takes some to do so. It prompted me to start a thread to see what the average seems to be across the readers of this board. Just curious I suppose.

For starters:

We have 11 voyage credits with I believe 110 days and have have 3 more reserved with 41 days to it appears we will get there with 14 & 151

Don't forget to factor in the fact that there are circumstances whereby a passenger can get 2 or 3 cruise credits for a single cruise. Book a full suite or sail alone in a mini-suite or smaller cabin and you get 2 cruise credits. Sail alone in a full suite and you get 3 cruise credits.

Take 10 coastals from seattle to vancouver in a suite and you will get 20 voyages.

That's how so many people are becoming elite.Elite status should only be based on days traveled.

Think most elites would now agree with the above statement.

long cruiser

I really wasn’t trying to start another one of those threads where we all argue over which method is okay and which isn’t.

I simply wanted you to describe your route to elite status if you didn’t mind doing so.

Thanks

11 cruises, 11 credits, 68 cruise days

1 booked, 1 more credit, 5 more days ( March, 2018 )

we'll have to see after that as Princess is offering a very limited amount of 4-5 day cruises out of FLL/PE that seem to have been working for us...

It took us 15 cruises to become Elite. They added up to 106 days--an average of a little over seven days per cruise. Of the 15 cruises, nine were seven days, three were ten days, two were four days (taken back to back), and one was five days. Completing our 21st cruise last month got us to 150 days.

12 cruises/152 Days. When we first started cruising in 1996 Princess only counted number of cruises. Since we started out taking longer cruises, we were happy when the change to cruises and/or days was made. We became Elite in 2013.

Cheers, Denise

I have few cruises with Princess so it would take a lot of cruises in suites to get there.:). All have been in balconies and I think right now I am Platinum. After my cruise next year I will have 49 cruise days. ( 10 day Mex, 17 day Panama, 7 day Coastal & 15 day Hawaii Mar 2019 )

I'm Elite, travel as a single so I do get an extra cruise point. I've sailed with Princess since 1986, only recently got credit for paying double. When I was working, I had 5 weeks vacation and took longer cruises. I've taken 14 cruises, I have 165 days, Princess counts it as 18, whatever. In the 165 days, 7 day cruises twice, I prefer 12 or more. I reached 150 days at the same time, they gave an extra cruise taken for a Baltic cruise. I've never sailed in a suite, usually inside cabins although my last cruise on the Royal, I got an upgrade to an obstructed view balcony, 1st upgrade out of 28 cruises! :)

I'm going on the Emerald for 30 days in February. I pretty much ignore people who make comments about who is Elite now and who isn't. I really don't care.

Take 10 coastals from seattle to vancouver in a suite and you will get 20 voyages.

That's how so many people are becoming elite.Elite status should only be based on days traveled.

Think most elites would now agree with the above statement.

long cruiser

Hopefully you do realize that, originally, one could only make elite by number of cruises and it was later changed to include number of days? Some folks had well in excess of the number of days now needed but didn't have enough cruises to make elite and then were suddenly elite when they decided to count number of days.

We aren't elite yet. We only have 8 cruises with a total of 95 days. We have 3 more booked (4 but will be dropping one) and that will only put us at 11 cruises and 135 days. I think we will likely make elite based on days at sea but that will still be quite a while. Becoming elite isn't a priority for us. We're more interested in getting to cruise.

I made elite in 2004, with 15 cruises and 150 days. My 16'th cruise was DH's very first. We got our boarding cards and I was jumping up and down saying, "Do you know what this means? Do you know what this means?" He replied, "No I don't know what this means. It's my first cruise." He loved the mini-bar, and we also received a free upgrade to a balcony room. I had to tell him not to get used to it. :)

We made Elite after 13 cruises that totaled 136 days aboard ship because 3 of those cruises were in a full suite which added 3 more cruise credits.

I can understand the thinking that existed when the loyalty program began and Princess wanted people to take more cruises so they used number of cruises as the metric. They may have assumed that once people had taken x-number of cruises, they would stay loyal to Princess for the perks they were getting. Later when it became evident that some people became upset because someone else made Elite by taking a bunch of short inexpensive cruises while they had spent far more money taking longer cruises, the use of days onboard also became a metric for determining advancement within the loyalty program.

The solution is obvious----do away with both number of cruise credits and days onboard as metrics and replace them solely with a running total of dollars spent with Princess.

I guess we are lucky in Australia because it seems we get much more generous leave entitlements than Americans, but unlucky because we get very few cruises offered under a week.

All going to plan we will hit Elite in 6 cruises, but two of those are 33 nights and 36 nights

Then 8 (our first), 17 and 21

The final looks like either 77 Circle Pacific or 105 World.

The one thing I do wish they’d change to days is the OBC AFTER 20 cruises to include 200 nights as I have doubts we will ever get to 20 cruises on one line, but will get to 200 nights easily.

For starters:

We have 11 voyage credits and 105 days and have 4 reserved so we will get there with 15 credits and 146 days

Edited: Sorry needed to correct our numbers after checking my profile.

We got there with 6 cruises with P & O, 5 cruises with Princess which took us in total to 149 and then a very nice Princess cruise consultant (on board) added a short coastal to our history so that we were elite before our next cruise.

Trish

I guess we are lucky in Australia because it seems we get much more generous leave entitlements than Americans, but unlucky because we get very few cruises offered under a week.

All going to plan we will hit Elite in 6 cruises, but two of those are 33 nights and 36 nights

Then 8 (our first), 17 and 21

The final looks like either 77 Circle Pacific or 105 World.

The one thing I do wish they’d change to days is the OBC AFTER 20 cruises to include 200 nights as I have doubts we will ever get to 20 cruises on one line, but will get to 200 nights easily.

But we’ve cruised other lines too.