Ventura problems

Dobbers

Ventura seems to have suffered a breakdown. My son is on her still waiting to leave Southampton. Not sure what the problem is, they will update at 9pm. Message was a bit sketchy but looks like they are cancelling Mondays stop at Cadiz and putting in a half day at Vigo instead.Sure I read something about her suffering problems recently, not fair on passengers if it is an ongoing problem.

Just a little premature? :confused:

It's a culmination of a number of different things leading to disappointment over how much effort went into the dry dock maintenance. Did they spend big money? Having been on Ventura a few weeks ago, I have my doubts.

Why did they cancel Cadiz and replace it with half day stop in Vigo, surely they could have speeded up and made up the time given that they had 2 days and 3 nights before they were due in Cadiz. We were on Azura in April when she left Cartagena 6 hours late and she made up 2 hours overnight arriving in Gibraltar 4 hours late.

Why did they cancel Cadiz and replace it with half day stop in Vigo, surely they could have speeded up and made up the time given that they had 2 days and 3 nights before they were due in Cadiz. We were on Azura in April when she left Cartagena 6 hours late and she made up 2 hours overnight arriving in Gibraltar 4 hours late.

Someone mentioned on this thread that they had to run at reduced speed due to technical problems.

Someone mentioned on this thread that they had to run at reduced speed due to technical problems.

I had assumed that they had solved that problem on Friday because she has been running at just over 18 knots which is a normal speed. Perhaps they want to play safe and not push her.

I am not sure that I would be happy to be on her if she has known technical problems but for all I know I could have been on many ships that had problems and never known about them.

Higher speed = higher fuel costs. VERY non-Carnival!

True.

The bean counters most have been having heart attacks about our April cruise, having a tug holding the ship to the dock for 14 -15 hours in Cartagena because of high winds then running at 25 knots to make up time from Cartagena to Gibraltar and slightly faster than normal from Gibraltar to Southampton to make up the remaining 2 hours that we were behind leaving Gibraltar. :D:D