Miami car rental drop off questions

shanley

If I understand things correctly, some car rentals have drop of downtown Miami close to the port but still need a shuttle/urber/taxi to get to the port and some car rental companies only have airport drop off. Is this correct?

If I drop off the car at the Miami airport, is it a free shuttle or am I paying per person to get to POM?

Right now, I am flying into FLL early the day before the cruise and have a hotel booked in Doral. We plan to rent a car at FLL and do some shopping, so I chose a cheaper hotel instead of staying downtown.

I'm shopping around for the best price on car rentals, but I need to figure out dropping off the car and getting to the port. We are early risers, so we plan to get to the port fairly early.

How much is an Uber from one of the downtown rental drop off places (if we don't wait on the shuttle)?

We flew into Fort Lauderdale, rented a car through Hertz and dropped off at their downtown Miami location. Hertz provided a free shuttle to the port. We did the reverse when we got back from the cruise. I can't speak for all the rental companies but I believe there are others ( Avis perhaps) that offer the same. It was a few minute wait for the free shuttle but no need to taxi or uber in my opinion.