what has changed in the last 4 years ???

we last sailed 4 years ago with Carnival . We usually bring a bottle of wine each, soda (pop) and water with us .. go to the steak house first ( 1st time sail night, 4 years ago it was $20 each) May we still bring these with us when we board.. is there still the deal at the steak house? What has changed in the last four years? Trying to play catch up.... thanks all

Not sure if Steakhouse is still discounted on 1st night....but most ships offer a free bottle of wine for 1st night booking. Few recent changes that you will likely/may notice. No tableclothes in MDR except on elegant nights, they now charge for room service between 10pm and 6am, cut back on TV channels...no more local affiliate station pickups, No captains welcome party...they now have a brief staff introduction in Atrium area one evening, your cabin steward will ask you if you prefer morning or evening service...but if you say you would like both they will still do it, more work for servers and stewards....staff is still friendly but you can definitely tell they are alot more busier!!

we last sailed 4 years ago with Carnival . We usually bring a bottle of wine each, soda (pop) and water with us .. go to the steak house first ( 1st time sail night, 4 years ago it was $20 each) May we still bring these with us when we board.. is there still the deal at the steak house? What has changed in the last four years? Trying to play catch up.... thanks all

Steakhouse is 35.00 and still a great value. Yes you get a free bottle of wine or discount on wine first night. There have been a lot of changes but none enough to make us change cruise companies or do other vacations. We drove to Disney at Christmas and spent 600 just for 1 day tickets at universal. I cruised thanksgiving day in an ocean view cabin for 3 for 500 per person . Also my husband and I have a 3 day weekend booked in Vegas in June and just for airfare and hotel, it was 800.00. The cost alone for the base trip is way more than you pay for room, food, entertainment, ports and being on the ocean . We bring our wine, twelve pack of cans soda and our cooler. I order cases of water and we get free bottles. Room cleaning is once a day but is suitable for us, we are used to It when staying in hotels and we usually forego it then and just ask for fresh linens . There are a lot of food options, we are not super picky. Guys burgers and blue iguana are new. We used to get burgers from the aft grill and they had hot dogs too some days. But guys burgers are the best. Anytime dining is still good as we have changed from a late dining time, we prefer anytime now. They will give you a pager if needed that night. Most ships have alchemy bar which we really enjoy. We enjoy cruising so much that i have 3 booked for 2018, I can’t seem to stop.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by Quilcruisers

I forgot the hub app is new. For 5.00 you can chat via text on the ship. Replaces post it notes or wondering where everybody went. Also some ships allow you to see your pictures there. You can also see dining room menus, billing summary and activities around the ship. The “ capers” and “ fun times “ have been replaced if you prefer having this on your phone. You can mark the things you want to do and get reminders. Another new thing is faster to the fun. You can board the ship on priority, get tendering on priority and luggage delivery and also your cabin is ready immediately. It also allows you priority debark. It’s 60 per cabin and could sell out from time to time.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Are these changes--morning or evening service, charge for after hours room service and the HUB app--for all of the Carnival ships? We are going on the Liberty in June.

Yes...Its fleet wide

Water prices are good. No reason to bring any. If you need more you can get more water from room service.

FYI - some ships do not have a steakhouse but will have steakhouse selections always available in the MDR. I really like this, in case someone does not absolutely love the menu in the MDR on any given night, just order from the steakhouse menu.

Here are a few more minor changes we have noticed. Mini bars are now empty, all bottles have been removed. No chocolate at night and you have to ask for robes. The room to steward ratio has increased. They have added a lot of new bars and eating options on most ships. They divided the cruise director's (CD) duties and now the CD are front of the house and entertainment directors deals with the behind the seen issues the CD handled in the past. Recorded music for some stage shows.

Along with the other post and my comments we still have a wonderful time on CCL. We have found the staff is always welcoming and friendly. Enjoy your cruise!