We always get travel insurance. We have had to use it once already due to a death in the family. We are booked on NCL Escape on Sept 23 to Tortola, St. Thomas, and Nassau. This is like deja vu for us as we were booked on CCL Inspiration to Cozumel in Nov 2005, one month after Hurricane Wilma sat spinning over top of the island. This is a risk we know we are taking when we book cruises in the hurricane season...which is one of the reasons to have insurance. We were lucky enough to be one of the first ships back to Cozumel after Wilma. We saw the devastation and destruction and we saw the determination of the people to rebuild and survive.

I doubt we will be sailing to Tortola or St. Thomas in 2 weeks. It is not even certain if we will be able to cruise from Miami at all. I pray for the people who are and will be impacted by Irma and I hope for them to have that same determination to survive and succeed as we saw in Cozumel. If we don't sail I will be disappointed but not devastated. We will probably just use our time to go visit our son in ND and rebook this cruise next year. Making lemonade out of lemons. If we do sail, my guess is it will be to the Western Islands and we will relax and enjoy the trip. One thing I am not going to do is complain. I'll deal with life as it happens and pray for the safety of those that are directly impacted as they have it much worse than I can even imagine.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Warm Breezes

Cruise History Summary: 17 Cruises, 98 Nights, 14 Ships, 4 Cruise Lines, 20 Ports of Call, 7 Embarkation Ports
Carnival Fantasy Oct. 2017 - 5 Night Western, Norwegian Escape Sept. 2017 - 7 Night Eastern...oops Irma says Western, Carnival Sunshine Oct. 2016 - 5 Night Canada, Carnival Dream May 2016 - 7 Night Western, Carnival Splendor April 2015 - 7 Night Eastern, Ruby Princess March 2014 - 5 Night Western, Norwegian Jewel Oct. 2013 - 7 Night Western, Carnival Freedom Aug. 2013 - 6 Night Western, Norwegian Epic Dec 2011 - 7 Night Eastern, Carnival Glory July 2011 - 5 Night Canada, Carnival Destiny Nov. 2010 - 4 Night Western, Carnival Freedom July 2009 - 8 Night Eastern, Norwegian Jewel Nov. 2007 - 5 Night Western, Carnival Elation Dec. 2006 - 5 Night Eastern, Carnival Inspiration Nov. 2005 - 5 Night Western, Disney Magic June 2004 -7 Night Eastern, Disney Wonder Nov. 2001 - 3 Night Bahamas