Bacon on Vista

MoreMouse

Okay, people will think me crazy, but..... my favorite meal of the day is breakfast. Bacon to me, is an entire food group.

I've found on previous Carnival cruises that I seem to be encountering what I call the "bacon natzis." :mad:

I promise Carnival, if I ask for bacon, I'm eating it ALL. It will NEVER be wasted! Please fork over the bacon. Don't make me beg for it. LOL :D

I've asked for more and they've given me one extra piece, so I just go to the table and come back with a new plate. I've also been known to send the husband back for more.

So, is there free reign on Vista, or will I be making multiple trips?

Plan multiple trips. One day there wasn't anyone there, but he could have been back in the kitchen. Another day there was someone there but I got a good number of slices in the serving anyway. And remember there's more than just one buffet line at breakfast.

Last cruise, I asked the "bacon master" for two strips. His reply?, "Oh you want more than THAT!", and tried to place five on my plate! Oh, the horror! ;)

Anyhoo, if you want more, just ask!

I dont recall having someone hand us bacon in Ocean Plaza. Pretty sure it was self serve. They serve breakfast there most days, and it is never crowded... or at least on the 22 days I have been on the Vista it has not been.

What kind of "bacon" are we talking about here? Does the Vista have good quality bacon, or is it this super thin, greasy mess they call "bacon"?

Don't get me wrong, I'm fine with bacon being greasy, but I prefer it to not be paper thin. I've only experienced paper bacon previously during Carnival breakfast.

Not sure on the Vista but we were on the Pride last Oct. and our nephew (4 years old) ask for bacon for dinner and they brought him a bowl full. From that day on breakfast and dinner he always had a bowl of bacon waiting for him.

I don't recall having a problem with bacon on Valor a few months back. I think I only saw the bacon master once, and she was happy to give us as much as we wanted.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Not sure on the Vista but we were on the Pride last Oct. and our nephew (4 years old) ask for bacon for dinner and they brought him a bowl full. From that day on breakfast and dinner he always had a bowl of bacon waiting for him.

How do I sign up for this Faster To The Bacon program you so dreamily speak of??? :p

Hi MoreMouse:

My husband and I love bacon also, however we were on the Conquest last September, and not sure what happened but the bacon was HORRIBLE. It was very greasy, very dark brown and tough.

We looked like "what is going on with this bacon?"

I thought maybe the grill or cooking device that was used to make the bacon was broken. Guess what?

It was the same the whole cruise!!

It wasn't the nicely cooked delicious bacon that we were used too. I've been on 15 cruises, that was the 1st time I've ever encounter bacon like that. We even went to the dining room for breakfast, it was the same!

I asked a food server, what happened to this bacon, he shrugged his shoulders and said "it's bacon"

We were totally disappointed.

It looked like it was cooked in a deep fryer and over cooked! Yuk! :( greasy, dark brown and very tough!

I'll be on Vista in October, I hope the bacon is not like that.

Someone please tell me the bacon was delicious on Vista! Even if I'm given 2 pieces at a time.

lol..

Thank you and Happy Sailing to those scheduled on or planning a Cruise

Nae

Bacon toast is the best! Several strips on buttered toast...so yummy! Or...bacon dipped in maple syrup....oh yeah!

If you aren't at the buffet, where you can take what you want, simply ask them to triple your order of bacon. Don't do it in steps...get what you want from the get-go!

Okay, people will think me crazy, but..... my favorite meal of the day is breakfast. Bacon to me, is an entire food group.

I've found on previous Carnival cruises that I seem to be encountering what I call the "bacon natzis." :mad:

I promise Carnival, if I ask for bacon, I'm eating it ALL. It will NEVER be wasted! Please fork over the bacon. Don't make me beg for it. LOL :D

I've asked for more and they've given me one extra piece, so I just go to the table and come back with a new plate. I've also been known to send the husband back for more.

So, is there free reign on Vista, or will I be making multiple trips?

They give you a couple of pieces but you can ask for more, it's not very good at all and we love bacon.

I've never had a problem with getting bacon. (Never been on the Vista).. I just keep asking for more until it's how much I want. I'm like you, give me half of the pig, I'll eat it. If you give me 30 pieces, I'll eat them. I'm not going to waste bacon.

When i waz on the vista. I had as much bacon as i wanted. Sometimes good sometimes greasy. They also had this hammy canadian bacon. In the dining room brunch i think we got 2 pieces. Portions are always small in brunch.i had go go to use my drink coupon for a bloody mary.:cool:

Edited by geckoaz