Ruby Princess and Rum Runners...

klfhngr

My grandmother can only drink Gran Marnier... She wanted to know how easy/strict is the Ruby for getting Rum Runners on board? Please don't bash her, she's old. Thanks.

p.s. More specifically, out of San Pedro.

Why not just buy granny a drink package? It would be a very nice surprise gift for her and I'm sure she'd appreciate it very much. Just my two cents.

Wife and I were thinking of that.... But she only has a drink before dinner and one before bed... I'll find out if they have GM in the small bottles on board... We can always order before the cruise and have it sent to her room.

Hint- If you're taking two of them have don't pack them in the same luggage just in case they spot one, they possibly will miss the other.

Typically they're looking for bottles of booze & not the RumRunner outline so you're pretty safe to get by the scanner.

I've been using them for years now and never been questioned.

Wife and I were thinking of that.... But she only has a drink before dinner and one before bed... I'll find out if they have GM in the small bottles on board... We can always order before the cruise and have it sent to her room.

When you compare the price that Princess charges compared to what you pay in the Caribbean you might change your mind. ;)

Grand Marnier is one of the cheapest drinks available onboard. I know that seems odd but it's true. My wife orders it and we are always surprised that it costs less than most other drinks. Just order her drinks in the bar or after dinner.

Grand Marnier is one of the cheapest drinks available onboard. I know that seems odd but it's true. My wife orders it and we are always surprised that it costs less than most other drinks. Just order her drinks in the bar or after dinner.

$9.20 including grat.

I personally have used them before the drink package days.. but never on Princess. Was wondering how strict they were. I managed to get them on RCI and CCL. I heard that all lines throw away RR,,,,,

I recall buying mine around 1998 and been using the same ones ever since- mostly on Princess.

$9.20 including grat.

Double that price and you can buy a 750 ml bottle in St Thomas. ;)

I don't think so. Small bottles of cognac: Courvoiseir.

How old is granny? 60's, 70's, 80's, 90's. Would she approve of smuggling?

We told her about them before. SHE asked where can she purchase them!

9 bucks isn't bad for a drink.

I know I have my RR stashed somewhere. If I could find them, I'd give them to her!

You get then back AFTER the cruise

No you don't get anything back that isn't in an original bottle. They throw the rum runners away. The naughty room is filled with bins of bottled booze, rum runners, and people who insist on bringing their waffle irons on board. Ask me how I know!:evilsmile:

My grandmother can only drink Gran Marnier... She wanted to know how easy/strict is the Ruby for getting Rum Runners on board? Please don't bash her, she's old. Thanks.

I have used them in the past before I gained elite status and have the bar set up now. I have also used them on other cruise lines (HAL, CCL and RCL) without any problems. Use the smaller ones and spread them across all your luggage plus spread them around the suitcase and not all together. I have only heard on here about a few that were caught with the vast majority being successful.

Hi Klfhngr,

I love it <3 getting your grandmother to take rum runners on board. I can’t stop laughing!! I wish she was on a cruise with me she must be GREAT Fun to be with!!! :) Your a lucky guy.

The Captain of The Rowboat,

Tony

I'm on the same cruise with you! I have never tried to bring on liquor so I have no clue.

Good luck! ;p

See ya in 8 days!

See you soon!!!

Thanks satxdiver for the info... that's how I used to do it.. .I'd take 2 in 2 separate suit cases. It's that we're not familiar with Princess, only cruised on her a long time ago.

No you don't get anything back that isn't in an original bottle. They throw the rum runners away. The naughty room is filled with bins of bottled booze, rum runners, and people who insist on bringing their waffle irons on board. Ask me how I know!:evilsmile:

That's why you never pack your RumRunners in your checked luggage. The guys on the ship scrutinize the luggage much more carefully than the security in the terminals.

Rum runners, on your person. No problem grandma.

Bingo ! Works all the time. :cool: