Drinks Menu Questions

Bill B

I'm a newbie to Silversea and have a few questions re: the all-inclusive drinks:

The description -

"Select wines, premium spirits, specialty coffees and soft drinks are complimentary in all bars, lounges and dining rooms. Your suite’s mini-bar is also stocked with your preferences and replenished by your butler upon request."

seems to indicate everything is complementary except wines not on the 'select' list.

Is that true? For example, can one order the best, single malt scotch on the ship at 'no charge'? What is the beer selection like? (as you may have guessed, I don't drink things that come in/with fruit, and/or little paper umbrellas) :D

Can anyone post (or provide a link to) the wine list(s) / bar menu? I've searched but can't find anything.

High end spirits are also chargeable, although I believe most people will be pleased with their options.

I requested local beers and a cognac for my fridge. Never once was I encouraged or tempted to pay for anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks mdpa.

I found this posted by TLCOhio (from 2010) showing 'included' spirits. I suppose I can 'make do' with the selection ;) , although I wish there was a bottle of Laphroaig in the picture... I'll ask! (y)

From “The Bar”, here is what it showed for the main area with various Scotch selections and other options for drinks in this area. If you wanted added options, I understand there is more available. There are also nice bar areas in the Panorama Lounge and on the Pool Deck. The secret is asking. The bar staff was very good and helpful.:

CloudBarSelections.jpg

Looks like I'll be drinking scotch instead of bourbon because, ewww. (but I'll live)

I see Jack Daniels, Wild Turkey and next to it Old Grand(something)... pa?...dad?. Those are bourbons aren't they?

Plus, I'd be shocked if they didn't have Jim Beam!

Oh, I see. I misunderstood. Forgive me... I'm Canadian and not a bourbon drinker.

Ah. ;)

Bill, someday you should take a trip to Lexington, KY, and take the Bourbon Trail. Really wonderful distilleries and their grounds open to all for tours and tastings. Lovely country, and great restaurants too.

Yes the bourbon section is slacking a tad, the scotch one is not bad. For cognac is Hennessy the best they have?

Also do you know if they squeeze fresh lemon juice and lime juice for cocktails like sidecars? I don't enjoy that bottle stuff.

Yes, they squeeze fresh lemon and lime juice for drinks. I suppose they have the bottled stuff as a backup.

Just send a note to customer service and request what you would like and most times they will supply .

I was thinking about doing that! My cruise is not until Mar. 2019 (Ushuaia to Cape Town), so it's way too early to do that now. However, I wonder how often they stock the ships... and how much 'lead time' they would need? :confused:

My husband, who is somewhat of a whiskey snob and has a collection of about 300 bourbons, scotches and other whiskies, found the selection akin to a nice hotel bar (Loewes, Fairmont, Ritz, etc). He did prefer the specialty selections in the Connoisseur Lounge, but those are not "all-inclusive". Since it is also the cigar bar, I didn't enjoy sitting there (who wants a smokey outfit to put back in the closet), but I believe you can order from there and drink it elsewhere.

We didn't make use of them having our room stocked with our preferences, but certainly will next May.

I was thinking about doing that! My cruise is not until Mar. 2019 (Ushuaia to Cape Town), so it's way too early to do that now. However, I wonder how often they stock the ships... and how much 'lead time' they would need? :confused:

I requested a special wine two months before embarkation and got a reply a week later that the wine would be there. Penny

• 3 months later...