Hub App Multiple Devices/Chat Questions answered on Carnival Freedom 2/24 thru 3/3

wo5m

This was the second cruise I have had a chance to use the hub app. I asked questions about m multiple devices and read other posts prior to this cruise only to get a lot of incorrect information. So after testing it out myself I wanted to set record straight.

1. The hub app can only be used on once device at a time. If you login to a new device the old device will be logged out. I went back and forth several times between my phone and my tablet before using my tablet exclusively(unless the battery was dead).

2. For the chat feature, you only pay the $5 once, it is NOT per device. When you login to a new device the chat feature follows you including your chat history.

3. While Carnival says tablets are not supported I actually found it worked better on my 10” Galaxy Tab 3. The app is locked in portrait mode, but I found having it on a tablet made the ship maps was much easier to use. I found the dining room menus felt more like reading the actual menu.

Where did you get this info? Almost everything you are saying is incorrect.

1. The Hub App is not the wifi plan, it's free and anyone can download it from the App Store.

2. The chat is $5 per device for the week

3. I have never heard of this, my wife has used a tablet for years

Where did you get this info?

By testing it out myself on the Carnival Freedom, just got off the ship last Saturday and this is the HUB App, not The WiFI plan. I did discover you can be logged into to the Hub App on one device and a wifi plan on another. They are NOT linked together .

This is "sort of" true. The $5 per week is per device, if you consider one device per folio number. It's normally easier just to refer to it as "per device." Yes, if you switch back and forth between devices, you can only be logged into one at a time.

I used this on the Breeze several years ago and I remember just going to the service desk and signing up for it once we were on the ship. I'll be taking a granddaughter with me on the Vista this Saturday and would love to know if this is something I should download ahead of time or just wait until we're on board. Thanks for any advice.

The internet is so slow, it would take forever to download. Download it at home, it's easy and free. I'm not sure what you signed up for at guest services. Just click the Hub, I'm on board and you follow the prompts.

Quick question, does anyone know if you can create a group chat with the Hub app for multiple people? I have never used the chat functionality with the Hub app before. We have a large group going and I thought it would be a great way to communicate with everyone at once. Also how does it work finding the people you want to chat with? Do you create a username or is it based on room numbers etc? Thanks!

Camden

Quick question, does anyone know if you can create a group chat with the Hub app for multiple people? I have never used the chat functionality with the Hub app before. We have a large group going and I thought it would be a great way to communicate with everyone at once. Also how does it work finding the people you want to chat with? Do you create a username or is it based on room numbers etc? Thanks!

Camden

Yes, while I was on the freedom, I was in a massive group chat with Malcolm our cruise director and he would send updates thought it. You can now message anyone on the ship, just look them up by name on their boarding pass. If they haven't bought the chat option it will tell you when you try to add them as a friend. Also they have to accept you friend request before you can chat with them.

Yes, while I was on the freedom, I was in a massive group chat with Malcolm our cruise director and he would send updates thought it. You can now message anyone on the ship, just look them up by name on their boarding pass. If they haven't bought the chat option it will tell you when you try to add them as a friend. Also they have to accept you friend request before you can chat with them.

Thanks!

Camden

We used the hub to chat when we had 22 people cruising. In fact we use it when it’s just two of us. I found it’s easier to download while at the port. My son made mistake of not doing it and it took forever once we got to the first stop. What I love about it Is you can mark the activities you want to attend and it will show you if anyone else in your party is attending. We found the chat feature to be pretty real time but sometimes people would log out and not be in the chat. It should stay open all the time so messages are delivered. We have cruised many years the old way and while we never lost our other party for long, there have been times they missed the start of something because of mixed messages. Many times we thought we were meeting at the cabin or lido and missed each other. It’s also good if you stumble upon an event, like a tasting or if a good performer is playing, you can quickly tell the others.

Sent from my iPad using Forums