Emerald Princess - Riviera Deck Question

CMHCruiseCouple

We snagged a great balcony deal on the EP. We have not stayed on R deck, and am curious about any noise issues from Lido deck thumping down to our cabin.

I am pretty sure our cabin is below Horizon Court. We are on the port side, R-618. We have yet to have a noise problem on a Princess ship, but have not stayed beneath such a highly traveled area.

And experiences to share? Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

We snagged a great balcony deal on the EP. We have not stayed on R deck, and am curious about any noise issues from Lido deck thumping down to our cabin.

I am pretty sure our cabin is below Horizon Court. We are on the port side, R-618. We have yet to have a noise problem on a Princess ship, but have not stayed beneath such a highly traveled area.

I checked the deck plans and it looks as though you are under a carpeted area so you should be ok. You might hear a little noise from above but it shouldn't be too loud unless something crashes up in the Horizon Court. We once booked a guarantee balcony and were assigned to a cabin on the Riveria deck on the Crown (which I believe is a sister to the Emerald?) Yikes ... it was right under the Trident Grill ... awful noise both day and night. The pax just up the hall from us heard nothing as they were under a carpeted area and it made a world of difference. People in the suites that were just aft of us also said NEVER AGAIN!!

If you are still concerned, even though your location should be ok, you can always try one deck down ... just to be on the safe side.

• 2 weeks later...

We are currently booked in this room but have read reviews that 618 and 620 are below tile and right next to the dishwashers and they are very noisy. Unfortunately, the rooms left are no better so hoping it's okay.

600-700's seem to be OK.

We try and stay in the 700's.

Great location out the aft doors to the Terrace Pool and up 1 deck to the HC. ;)

This is our experience as well. Anything under the carpeted areas have been great - the 700's are our favorite. We have stayed in the 600's as well with no noise issues.