"Guaranteed" Balcony Room on Divinia

JohnLocke2012

I recently booked a 7 night cruise on the Divinia for December for a guaranteed balcony room, and am starting to worry a bit now that I have read more about the ship. Specifically, I am worried about getting one of the forward facing balconies on the Fanasia class ships. These rooms have the barrier blocking you from getting the beautiful view you typically get on a balcony stateroom. My question is, are there many of these on the Divinia? What are my chances of getting one of those balconies? For what I paid ($50/pp per day), will MSC take that into consideration when assigning me my room? I guess I can't be that picky for what I paid, but that balcony would be a disappointment, especially for my girlfriend who has never cruised before.

We booked a gty balcony and were assigned 10218. That's a cabin first-from-the-hump with a huge angled balcony and I'm thinking we're going to be pleased with it. As soon as you get your assignment check to see if you'll be happy with it. If not, you can always ask to be changed to another balcony in the same category. Doesn't hurt to ask!

Enjoy your cruise,

Trish

I picked an aft balcony for my December 6th cruise and added a balcony guarantee on November 29th. Since the balcony guarantee was less than half the cost I don't think I can complain wherever I end up. Bob

Edited by CTBob

I picked an aft balcony for my December 6th cruise and added a balcony guarantee on November 29th. Since the balcony guarantee was less than half the cost I don't think I can complain wherever I end up. Bob

Nice! I'll be on there the week after on the 13th. I can't complain either for what I paid, just be nice to have a normal balcony. Does MSC assign cabins 2-3 weeks before departure like other cruise lines?

I have a guarantee balcony for 12/6....12199.

Although the location is perfect the cabin is one of the smaller ones. I called to ask if I could get another one in the same category...and the answer was "No".

I think we got the assignment about a month ago...which was about 2 weeks after booking.

I originally had an inside...and the guarantee balcony was just a few dollars more...so I went for it. (Just hoping it's not tiny tiny tiny.)