santorini how many ships in port

gfargo53

we have been trying to use different web sites to find out how many cruise ships will be in santorini

on Friday September 14th 2018 .we are having a hard time following their websites and cant get

an answer. if anyone can answer this question for us it would be helpful for us to figure out which

excursion to book for that day

thanks in advance

Unfortunately I don't think you'll get a useable answer.:(

Information on the various websites is notoriously inaccurate and/or incomplete.

And the times that ships are there are important too - if for example your ship arrives at 2pm you won't be impacted by a ship which leaves within the next couple of hours or more..

Ship-sponsored excursions are tendered to a different jetty - where the road comes down to the sea - so aren't affected by lines to go up the cliff at Fira.

It's way more difficult to fix a timing for a private tour, but the tour provider will know the problem and will likely give best advice.

For returning to the tender pier the line for the cablecar isn't a problem if you are tolerably fit - you can walk down in about 25 minutes

JB :)

Unfortunately I don't think you'll get a useable answer.:(

Information on the various websites is notoriously inaccurate and/or incomplete.

And the times that ships are there are important too - if for example your ship arrives at 2pm you won't be impacted by a ship which leaves within the next couple of hours or more..

Ship-sponsored excursions are tendered to a different jetty - where the road comes down to the sea - so aren't affected by lines to go up the cliff at Fira.

It's way more difficult to fix a timing for a private tour, but the tour provider will know the problem and will likely give best advice.

For returning to the tender pier the line for the cablecar isn't a problem if you are tolerably fit - you can walk down in about 25 minutes

JB :)

Really useful for me too

As others have said, usually best to check a few sites for ship arrivals.

whatsinport Santorini links give the following info:

Friday September 14 th 2018:

Jewel of the Seas Royal Caribbean 0700, sailing 1800 (Pax 3360)

Gemini ETS TUR 1030, sailing 2000 (Pax 1074)

Edited by edinburgher
duplicate post

As others have said, usually best to check a few sites for ship arrivals.

whatsinport Santorini links give the following info:

Friday September 14th 2018:

Jewel of the Seas Royal Caribbean 0700, sailing 1800 (Pax 3360)

Gemini ETS TUR 1030, sailing 2000 (Pax 1074)

The cruisemapper web site shows dates well into next year.

I also did some research, looking here on CC for all ships that would be sailing the Med. with a stop at Santorini during that time-frame.

We are lucky that the cruise we have on deposit should be the only ship at Santorini while we are there!

I believe I also found some info that a small European ship would be there. But, a ship that small shouldn't be a big impact.

It can take some research and time, but it is possible to get a pretty good idea of how many ships will be there, even for dates several months ahead.