Reduit beach or vigie beach?

Illinois cruiser

i have read good reviews on both of these beaches. Does anyone know taxi fare to each? Is one "prettier" or nicer than the other. Thanks for any info.

Vigie - $10 one way or 20/30 minute walk. Beautiful Bay wirh loads of natural shade, small boardwalk, calm waters, no watersports, etc.

Reduit - $30 one way, leave lots of time for return as only one road, and it can be busy. Typical beach with chairs and umbrellas, watersports, splash park, restaurants, vendors, etc

Depends on what you want for the day - more options for food a d activites or quiet relax beach day..

Vigie - $10 one way or 20/30 minute walk. Beautiful Bay wirh loads of natural shade, small boardwalk, calm waters, no watersports, etc.

Reduit - $30 one way, leave lots of time for return as only one road, and it can be busy. Typical beach with chairs and umbrellas, watersports, splash park, restaurants, vendors, etc

Depends on what you want for the day - more options for food a d activites or quiet relax beach day..

Thank you!!

• 2 weeks later...

We went to Vigie beach and were the only ones there. I had read earlier about how the taxi drivers and other try to get you to take a tour and that is what we found when we got off the ship. It really was kind of sad that there is this beautiful beach within walking distance and in sight of the ship, and there were only two of us on the beach - great for us but gotta hurt the local economy when they don't get the visitors ($$). When we took the taxi back to the ship, the driver tried to tell us that we should try the beaches by the resorts as there were better restaurants, better beaches, etc....probably better for the drivers as they are farther and they get more money.

We also didn't realize that there was a specific place to find the taxis and it was not right through the main building, it was off by Diamonds International. It was crazy with people all over and hard to find someone to answer your questions. There also doesn't seem to be a set price for a taxi, DH thinks we were ripped off as they gave a price "just for us" that seemed higher than what others mentioned.

There was only one negative that I should mention - the taxi driver delivered us into the hands of the guy who rents the chairs and the umbrella. This man told us that we could walk over to the restaurant and there was also a bathroom that we could use but make sure that we tip the lady for using the bathroom. BUT, when we walked over to clean up before getting a taxi back to the ship, there were two women standing by the bathrooms and they said we could not use the bathrooms and go across the street to the airport to use theirs.

After a great day of enjoying the beach to ourselves that kind of puts a damper on your fun!

I was just at Vigie Beach on Feb 8th and took the 35 minute walk and a $5 cab ride back. I was there on a very windy day and the waves were over my head. Local beer $3 and rum punch $5, did not eat but all the cab drivers were. They do charge $1 to use bathroom so go as a group. :D Plenty of shade trees.