How often do ships miss Coco Cay?

davy jones

Nice! We were on board one Brilliance 5 night cruise with scheduled stops in Key West and Cozumel. Had to skip Key West due to high winds that closed the port to cruise ships, then ended up with only one port of call. Nothing was subbed. :(

Though lately, now that you don't have to fill out custom forms for U.S. to U.S. cruises...it goes pretty quickly at disembarkation to just present the passport and go. Has sped things up a bit I think.

I *think* I had to fill out the customs form in Baltimore last July. I'm almost certain that I did it last February. But the guy took my passport, took my form and said welcome home. Didn't ask a thing.

I *think* I had to fill out the customs form in Baltimore last July. I'm almost certain that I did it last February. But the guy took my passport, took my form and said welcome home. Didn't ask a thing.

Have not had to fill out those customs forms for the last six cruises we have been on, except for San Juan. They were not even given out any longer. First time I actually asked our cabin attendant where it was when he gave us our disembarkation tags, and he correctly told me they don't use them any longer.

I've heard 3rd quarter. Personally I'd be surprised if it's done by October.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Was just reading up Royal refurbishments and in the section about Mariner of the Seas, it states

"The six-week drydock in Cadiz, Spain, will take place in May and June 2018. The updates will coincide with the June 2018 opening of the newly constructed dock at Coco Cay, Royal Caribbean's private destination, which will play a major role in the Mariner's itineraries."

link is https://www.******************.com/2018/01/16/guide-royal-caribbean-2018-new-cruise-ships-and-refurbishments

There is a separate link about CoCo Cay which talks about other changes going into 2019 but if article above is correct, then it's saying June for the dock

P.S. - The full url was blocked but it's under royal caribbean blog site

Was just reading up Royal refurbishments and in the section about Mariner of the Seas, it states

"The six-week drydock in Cadiz, Spain, will take place in May and June 2018. The updates will coincide with the June 2018 opening of the newly constructed dock at Coco Cay, Royal Caribbean's private destination, which will play a major role in the Mariner's itineraries."

link is https://www.******************.com/2018/01/16/guide-royal-caribbean-2018-new-cruise-ships-and-refurbishments

There is a separate link about CoCo Cay which talks about other changes going into 2019 but if article above is correct, then it's saying June for the dock

P.S. - The full url was blocked but it's under royal caribbean blog site

Original plan, no way they'll meet that schedule

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

We missed it on Anthem in January, as had the previous sailing. We had wonderful weather for the whole cruise, and this was the one day with wind and what I would term a moderate chop. We could barely feel this on Anthem itself to give you an idea of what might cancel tendering. There weren't swells or anything close to heavy seas. It's an understandable call though considering the number of passengers and the tendering process.