Fastest onboard the Regal, Feb.24

Jimorel

Just curious what was the fastest anyone got onboard the Regal for the Feb., 24th sailing? We left the Hyatt Place 17th at 10:59 and were in our cabin 40 minutes later. I know many people were already onboard by then and I am curious how soon and how fast people did get aboard and to their cabins. I think 40 minutes from hotel to cabin is pretty fast, but I have nothing to really compare it to as this was only our second cruise and I forgot how long it took to check in and board the first time. Also the other time we stayed in Ft. Lauderdale and shuttled to port in Miami.

Just curious what was the fastest anyone got onboard the Regal for the Feb., 24th sailing? We left the Hyatt Place 17th at 10:59 and were in our cabin 40 minutes later. I know many people were already onboard by then and I am curious how soon and how fast people did get aboard and to their cabins. I think 40 minutes from hotel to cabin is pretty fast, but I have nothing to really compare it to as this was only our second cruise and I forgot how long it took to check in and board the first time. Also the other time we stayed in Ft. Lauderdale and shuttled to port in Miami.

We arrived early, around 10 or so, and we're pretty first onboard after the priorities as we were sitting right by the entrance. We boarded around 11:10 and were very surprised at it being so early.

The Royal was the same recently but having to carry around your luggage until the room was ready isn't consoling. People were't being let off on certain decks although we managed to get to our room prior to it being cleaned to at least drop off our luggage.

Also the priority boarding line has been eliminated in Florida.

:(Not good.

when we've gotten to the port (PE) dropped off our 2 bags ($5 tip) and parked in the garage, the stress level goes to defcon 5 (lowest level)...

we'd rather be waiting in a line or the terminal than sitting in traffic on the turnpike

no worries after that to when we actually board:cool:

We get on when we get on, no big deal to us, we're there to relax.

I agree with your sentiment, but I thought from hotel to cabin 40 minutes was really fast. I didn't plan or expect to go that fast and was just glad to get onboard and have the vacation started.

Also the priority boarding line has been eliminated in Florida.

Are you saying that when boarding first starts that suite, elite and platinum passengers who checked in by that time get no boarding priority at all?

Are you saying that when boarding first starts that suite, elite and platinum passengers who checked in by that time get no boarding priority at all?

There is no separate line anymore for general boarding or priority boarding. It's handled once you check in, you go to your designated area and board in priority that way, at least that is how it was done on the Regal last week.

There is no separate line anymore for general boarding or priority boarding. It's handled once you check in, you go to your designated area and board in priority that way, at least that is how it was done on the Regal last week.

Is that because there is no line outside anymore? Our last Regal cruise there was no real line outside the terminal and it took us about 5 minutes to check in once at the desk. I was wondering at the time if it was just a fluke or something.

That's how it was for the Royal at Term 21 on Feb 18th. It was chaos lining up outside the terminal. There were 2 sets of closed doors and people were lining up at each asking each other where the priority line was.

No direction by any of the staff.

When they finally opened up 1 set of doors it was a mad rush by everyone to switch lines.

Basically a free for all. :mad:

Is that because there is no line outside anymore? Our last Regal cruise there was no real line outside the terminal and it took us about 5 minutes to check in once at the desk. I was wondering at the time if it was just a fluke or something.

I suppose it makes it easier for the people working at the terminal at the expense of eliminating a perk for the Platinum/Elite/Suite people.

Assuming that people don't have to queue up any longer outside the terminal it might be better/faster in the long run.

We'll see.

Quickest time from dropped at port to into cabin ( check-in, security, walking the length of ship ) 15 minutes

With priority we were able to drive onto the pier and be dropped right at the terminal, next priority check-in, then to security ( 5 minute wait ), so most of the time was walking..... ( port was Melbourne Australia )

Cheers Don

when we've gotten to the port (PE) dropped off our 2 bags ($5 tip) and parked in the garage, the stress level goes to defcon 5 (lowest level)...

Funny - Defcon 5 is war-imminent, get ready to turn keys!

Have you never seen WarGames, Joshua?;p

At DEFCON 5, the US forces are at the lowest state of readiness. This occurs when there is little Intel or evidence to suggest that the US or its allies are threatened. In other words, it means all is well on a general scale.

Tic-Tac-Toe