private tour with SOnny Binns????

cruzdreamin'

Private Taxi Tours

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=24176272&postcount=7

Island Tour

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=27981048&postcount=5

Someone posted about their tour experience with Sonny at cruisecritic's sister website tripadvisor,

"I wanted everybody to know we just used Sonny for a private tour and transfers. He showed up on time for each and was very proffessional. We would have needed two taxis and he was the same price, but we only had to tip once. The tour was personalized as we picked the sites we wanted to see. His prices were so reasonable that it was better to use him then a large tour bus full of strangers and at the mercy of scheduled stops. We got to stop when and where we wanted. I highly recommend him."

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

In Aruba cabs are allowed to transport maximum 5 passengers and the price is set by the government, whereas tour vans can transport as many passengers as they can accommodate and the price is not set by the government.

Edited by sonnyfr

• 4 months later...
Private Taxi Tours

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=24176272&postcount=7

Island Tour

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=27981048&postcount=5

Someone posted about their tour experience with Sonny at cruisecritic's sister website tripadvisor,

"I wanted everybody to know we just used Sonny for a private tour and transfers. He showed up on time for each and was very proffessional. We would have needed two taxis and he was the same price, but we only had to tip once. The tour was personalized as we picked the sites we wanted to see. His prices were so reasonable that it was better to use him then a large tour bus full of strangers and at the mercy of scheduled stops. We got to stop when and where we wanted. I highly recommend him."

We also booked an Aruba Island Tour with Sonny and I fully agree with everything you have posted ! He was indeed, professional, reasonably priced and I felt we had a more personalized experience because of our small group ! I would also highly recommend him !

We were picked up at the cruise ship port and driven in a small air-conditioned van which sat up to 10 people. We had two other couples with us. We then were driven for a great tour of Aruba. We saw the Lighthouse, Alto Vista Chapel, Natural bridge and the Rock formations. We drove past some lovely beaches and beautiful homes. We had a great 3 hour tour which turned into about 3.5 hours. Sonny answered all of our questions and was very informative. We learned a lot about Aruba and it's history. Sonny Binns email <binns.tours@yahoo.com>

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I just booked a tour with Sonny for September based on the reviews I have seen on here.:)

You won't be disappointed. Sonny was personable, informative and provided a comprehensive, custom tour (we did not want any beach time). Sonny was in the terminal, with a sign with my name on it, 15 minutes before we were scheduled to meet him. I would highly recommend him to anyone wanting a great overview of Aruba.

You won't be disappointed. Sonny was personable, informative and provided a comprehensive, custom tour (we did not want any beach time). Sonny was in the terminal, with a sign with my name on it, 15 minutes before we were scheduled to meet him. I would highly recommend him to anyone wanting a great overview of Aruba.

Oh good! I'm glad to hear from another happy customer of Sonnys! We are looking forward to it. We want a little beach time just to see it.

Just back from Carnival Freedom yesterday.

I cannot recommend Sonny highly enough! He was OUTSTANDING!

DW, DS and I were in a small air-conditioned van with three other people. Sonny took us to the aforementioned spots, as well as making stops along the way based on requests and when he noticed something he thought would be of interest to us (i.e., showing us a cashew tree and the fruit/nut from one).

He charged us $25 each because we were with the larger group. If you've never been to Aruba before, do yourself a favor and book with Sonny. He has another driver named Howard that also works with him and they are hilarious together! Sonny drives the 10-passenger van and Howard drives the 15-passenger van. Once you see the cruiseship-excursion folks tanking around in huge Greyhound buses, you will be so happy you booked with Sonny. A very memorable and personalized experience!

• 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
WE booked Sonny on our recent Caribbean Princess cruise and he was outstanding.

We have booked Sonny's tour with our Meet n Greet friends. I can't wait, with all the good reviews on these boards. Originally I tried to book him on our own months ago, but he said he needed at least 6 people. Now we have 6+ and whoopee we are booked.

I contacted him months ago and he needed more people so we couldn't book with him. I emailed him every few weeks and today I heard back that we there is now enough people so we can do the tour. After so many great reviews we are really looking forward to it.

• 2 weeks later...

This has to be the best island tour. We booked a trip and were met in the terminal by Howard, a very friendly courteous man. He asked us to wait a few minutes while he tried to locate the other group of four that had booked with him.

He kept returning to us and apologizing for having us wait and then had us wait in his air conditioned van. Well, the other group was a no show (shame on them) but he found another group and he gave us a fantastic tour. Although we got delayed for 1.5 hours when another tour bus tried to pass our parked bus on a narrow street and did considerable damage to the rear of Howard's van. We had to wait for the police and insurance.

But, after that was all settled he continued the tour. He was never rushed and took time to answer questions and make frequent stops to point out things of interest.

The other group wanted to be dropped off at a beach and later picked up. He accommodated them. Also, a group flagged us down and wanted a ride into the city thinking our bus was the public transportation. He offered to take them with a small fee if we, his VIP passengers, didn't mind and of course we didn't.

He took us right back to the ship and I think his tour was well worth the $30 each that he charged us.

Edited by topcop

Can anyone tell me if they have done a private tour with 2 people thru Sonny Binns? If so' date=' how did you like it? where did you go and what did you see?

ANy feedback (good or bad) will be appreciated.

Thanks!:)

Cruzdreamin'[/quote']

We just got back from a cruise and wanted to recommend Sonny Binns of Binns Tours for a great island tour of Aruba. He has a modern, comfortable, air-conditioned bus that carries 25 passengers, and a minimum of 6 is required. We had a 3 hour tour for $30 each in cash. I recruited people on the ship and we had 7 or 8, and we all loved it. We didn't pay until we got there, meeting him in the cruise terminal. We saw all the big sites (except the national park, which takes a lot of time), and he was willing to drop people off at beaches on the way back if they wanted. We also were able to hear a lot about island life and ask questions. He can be reached at binns.tours@yahoo.com. (Don't forget the dot between binns and tours.) Do email in advance so he will know to be there waiting! His cell: 297-5926535 and 297-5682028.

We just got back from a cruise and wanted to recommend Sonny Binns of Binns Tours for a great island tour of Aruba. He has a modern, comfortable, air-conditioned bus that carries 25 passengers, and a minimum of 6 is required. We had a 3 hour tour for $30 each in cash. I recruited people on the ship and we had 7 or 8, and we all loved it. We didn't pay until we got there, meeting him in the cruise terminal. We saw all the big sites (except the national park, which takes a lot of time), and he was willing to drop people off at beaches on the way back if they wanted. We also were able to hear a lot about island life and ask questions. He can be reached at binns.tours@yahoo.com. (Don't forget the dot between binns and tours.) Do email in advance so he will know to be there waiting! His cell: 297-5926535 and 297-5682028.

We also had a great tour with Sonny. I think we all felt that it was one of the best of that sort of thing that we had experienced, and especially good to be with a small group. More than worth the price. He was pleasant to listen to, and had an intelligent, local perspective that was much appreciated. He also seemed like a nice, honest person, and was happy to answer our questions candidly -- some of the most interesting information we got that way.

• 1 month later...

Certainly! Here's the info Irie Tours sent me prior to the cruise:

First we drive over the Juliana Bridge, where you will have a great view of Willemstad. Then we pass through the old Jewish neighborhood, you will see all the old Jewish Mansions that are being restored. We also visit the Curacao Liquor distillery, here you can see how the ‘Blue Curacao’ is made and taste the different flavors. After the distillery we go to the Spanish water area, which is a beautiful residential area in the Spanish Water Bay. The last stop will be at the Curacao Sea Aquarium Beach, we stay here for 1 hour. The tour starts at 3:00pm LOCAL TIME.

Like many others, we wouldn't have minded skipping the distillery to allow for more time at Sea Aquarium Beach. All you do there is sample some of the liquers (chocolate was our favorite!) and then make purchases if you'd like. It's also a place to use the restroom if needed. We never saw any of the Blue Curacao that they are so famous for. :(

For $20, it's a GREAT tour! Very informative and scenic.

Certainly! Here's the info Irie Tours sent me prior to the cruise:

First we drive over the Juliana Bridge, where you will have a great view of Willemstad. Then we pass through the old Jewish neighborhood, you will see all the old Jewish Mansions that are being restored. We also visit the Curacao Liquor distillery, here you can see how the ‘Blue Curacao’ is made and taste the different flavors. After the distillery we go to the Spanish water area, which is a beautiful residential area in the Spanish Water Bay. The last stop will be at the Curacao Sea Aquarium Beach, we stay here for 1 hour. The tour starts at 3:00pm LOCAL TIME.

Like many others, we wouldn't have minded skipping the distillery to allow for more time at Sea Aquarium Beach. All you do there is sample some of the liquers (chocolate was our favorite!) and then make purchases if you'd like. It's also a place to use the restroom if needed. We never saw any of the Blue Curacao that they are so famous for. :(

For $20, it's a GREAT tour! Very informative and scenic.

I am not sure thats Sonnys tour in Aruba! Might consider it for my next day thou you may have saved me some research time!