Fascination In Jacksonville

APDMOM

I think April 25th, 2011 will be the last time you will see the Fascination heading out on a cruise From Jacksonville. Goodbye Jacksonville.

Edited by simpleman

Thanks for the lovely shots! A group from my fam will be sailing on the Fascination early in October to celebrate my parents' 60th wedding anniversary.:)

I'll try to take pics on that day too, if you let me know when. We LOVE going down to watch the ship sail! :)

I think April 25th, 2011 will be the last time you will see the Fascination heading out on a cruise From Jacksonville. Goodbye Jacksonville.

Yes, I heard about that. However, the fat lady has not sung yet... I think she works for the government. :eek:

Thank you so much for posting these! you made my kids day. They love looking at pics of "our" ship and there aren't very many out there. We sail 3 weeks from today! WOOT WOOT!!!

You are welcome. I put it on our calendar. If everything works out, we will wave at you and take some pics. That way your kids can say... 'we were right there'! :) We will be starboard side on a small beach. The ship usually gets to our spot around 5:30 p.m. Have a safe trip!

I'll try to take pics on that day too, if you let me know when. We LOVE going down to watch the ship sail! :)

I love it too and also live in a port city. I took pics of the last time NCL Majesty left Charleston and the first one of Fantasy leaving on her first trip out of Charleston.

Your pics are great I sure wish (fingers crossed) they would add the balconies to the Fantasy during it's next drydock this fall.

Thank you so much for the pictures. I am trying to get a large family group together for April 16,2011 and they had so many questions about where the balconies were/weren't, etc, that you just made it so much simpler for me to explain. It's very nice of you to post pictures of "the trip" people are on, for a keepsake.

Wow! If I had known all of you would enjoy these so much, I would have done it long ago :) Let me know if you want me to try to take pics of your specific departure... I'll try my best. I enjoy going to the river a lot and would gladly take YOUR pics if my schedule allows.

Happy sailing, everyone!

You are welcome. I put it on our calendar. If everything works out, we will wave at you and take some pics. That way your kids can say... 'we were right there'! :) We will be starboard side on a small beach. The ship usually gets to our spot around 5:30 p.m. Have a safe trip!

We sail on the 12. I'll look for ya'll on the beach and wave. :D

After seeing this last night, I had the weirdest dream. Apparently, I didn't realize that we were supposed to be onboard before she set sail. I was floating down the river, pushing a very large man (I have no idea who he was) that was laying on a pool float. When she went under the bridge, I said, "Aww man, I wanted to be on deck for that." So I climbed the bridge supports so I could hop on board and see a little bit of it. I don't know where the big man went and that's all I remember. I'm sure the wine I drank had a little to do with all that too, though. :o

Have not herd of this whats up

If you are referring about the comment that Fascination will be leaving Jacksonville, the contract runs out next year. There is talk of building a larger port east of the current port (closer to the ocean in Mayport), but it is on and off the table :) I surely hope for a nice port with more ships.

apdmom, is the beach you go to, open to the public? I have only been to the city park under the Dames Point bridge to watch the ship leave/take pictures

Yes, it is. It is not your traditional beach, but it is in Mayport. Drive east over the Wonderwood Bridge. Turn left at the first Traffic light towards the Mayport Ferry. Keep going until the road makes a sharp right turn, and the beach is on your left. Mostly fishermen there, but a fun place to watch the ship leave :) I will try to take a screen shot of the spot on Google Maps and post here later.

Thank you for the great pics!!! I will be sailing on her on 12/6, gads! I know that's months away, but I am very excited. And here's another reason to be excited! A wonderful couple that we met on our Legends roll call and cruise will be sailing with us! Cruising is a wonderful way to make friends. This woman pulled me out of a terrible funk this year, and I am very grateful to have her as a friend. I'm pretty sure that she will see these pics too, so if you don't mind going down to the beach on 12/6 and taking a picture and posting it, then I will always have a pic of our "sail away". Thanks Again! ( And Cheryl, HI! ):)