Which hotel to you use for your pre-cruise

edwardsm

The question comes down to how long you are staying, what your budget is and what you like to do. There is no right answer for this. If there was they would not have so many hotels in so many areas.

If you are there for a couple of nights, not interested in the beach, want to be convenient to the Port, and near a range of restaurants I would look at Hampton Inn, Intercontinental, Marriott Marquis, Marriott Hyatt and Holiday Inn Bayside and Doubletree. I would recommend Hampton Inn for value and because it is near Mary Brickell Village which has a lot of restaurants and other shopping and it includes a nice breakfast.

Still don't want a beach but want convenience of downtown and want to spend more for a more luxurious hotel, consider Four Seasons, Epic Hotel, or Mandarin Oriental (manmade beach).

Want the beach and the nightlife look at hotels in South Beach and Miami Beach. Hundred of choices.

The key is to do your homework.

Keith

Arriving late afternoon/early evening the day before we typically stay at the Homewood Suites Blue Lagoon near MIA.

Arriving earlier in the day I love the Doubletree in downtown - great pool! :cool: If I could ever get an extra day or two pre-cruise we plan to enjoy SB. :D

• 1 month later...

When we cruise out of Miami, we somehow end up flying in the day of. I don't recommend this as you're always risking delayed flights and possibly missing your cruise! This has never happened to my husband and I, but it's just easier to fly in the day before and stay somewhere. In April, we are flying in a day before the April 14th sailing of the Ecstasy. We are staying at the Hampton Inn & Suites - Miami Brickell Downtown. My husband booked it with his Hilton Honors points so it was free. What can be better! It's the #2 hotel for Miami on http://www.tripadvisor.com. It gets really good reviews for their amazing service, beautiful rooms, wonderful breakfast (FREE) spread every day, and one free drink at happy hour in their bar! They are also in a great location, apparently close to many stores, restaurants, and bars. Also close to pharmacy and grocery store if you need to pick up last minute toiletries or wine/water to bring on the boat. They are also apparently very helpful in arranging taxi's or shuttles to the port. You can take the metro from the airport to the hotel (the stop is a block away from hotel) for a little over $2 pp. Can't beat that!

We Have always stayed in South Beach at the W or The Ritz but this year we are flying in 2 days before our Dec 28th cruise and it is just too expensive to stay in South Beach so we are staying downtown at the Courtyard Marriott. We needed a sofa bed for our DS and it is a big room with a fridge and microwave.

• 1 month later...

Very happy to hear the above re: The Epic since I'm staying there before our cruise on May.

Last year we went down a few days early and stayed in South Beach at the Blue Moon Hotel. Great location at Collins and 10th street, relatively reasonable, beutifully kept hotel, with fantastic staff.