Things I'd Like to See NCL Offer

macandlucy

I have bought beer from these, but maybe that's just on embarkation day.

I would love to see this too, but I'm not sure how that would work since soda isn't free.

I wonder if they would ever consider installing a self-serve soda machine, where your card has to be inserted to get the soda. I do like those Freestyle Coke machines they had on RCCL. Maybe something like that if they ever consider changing soda suppliers.

I would like to see beer stands on the Lido deck. It's annoying to have to stand in line while they make all the fancy drinks just to get a beer.

Carnival has this on their newer ships and a few of the upgraded ships. it is a nice feature

Specialty Restaurants with dining hours for Adults only on a rotating basis so those wanting a quiet romantic dinner can do so! For Example: 1st night of cruise it could be Cagneys after 7 pm is for adult diners only, 2nd night it could be Ocean Blue after 7 pm. (before I'm accused of disliking children.....I have raised 24 foster children and 4 of my own, worked in a middle school and I adore children and I think its terrific that parents are doing cruises and creating memories with their children.) But, you can't ask children to be adults and sit quietly for an extended period and it would be terriffic to have a romantic atmosphere for other cruisers who are without children.

Great idea!!!

Different itineraries on the big ships over the holidays; we've done them "all" now, and tired of the same ports over and over again over Christmas- so we're doing something different this year.

Live band/live music/dancing 'earlier' in the evening so you can have a nice dinner and dance well before the 11pm partiers come out? We have to work hard to stay awake so late!

Truly all inclusive fare as an option so you're not nickle and dimed to death.

• American sports in the bar
  • An actual Irish Beer on tap in O'Sheehans (or at least something better than Stella)

Totally agree with American sports in the bars. Just got off the BA which is out of NY and as a Red Sox fan was looking forward to some good natured bantering during the Red Sox - Yankee games last week. REALLY disappointed to see soccer on every TV.

Also trying to recall if they even have draft beer on the ship?? I remember getting a bottle every time.

More pools on the mega ships! 4.000 people fighting for 1 main pool and a kid's pool is cray! I hate to say it, but RCL really has something going with it's (mostly)adults only Solarium and multiple pools. I'd love to see a "family Haven" area with exclusive access to some family friendly features that didn't break the bank. I'd love to try Haven some time but a) it's expesnive and b) I wouldn't necessarily feel comfortable taking my younger kids there as we would spend most of our time in the more kid friendly areas. If we stay in the Haven, we want to enjoy our time there. ;)

We like the food and entertainment for the most part. Wouldn't really change much there.

I am not unhappy so much with the variation, but I do agree. However, my complaint is not enough new ports. Most every port they do has been around forever. I would love to see something a little different. As for the itineraries other lines offer I have to disagree with you there. Most of them are repeats as well. one really neat itinerary we were on was down the Atlantic coast on Princess repo about 4 years ago.

Agree! They'll have 3 different ships going the same route! Eastern St. Thomas, Tortola and Nassau is all you can get to in 3 days? Heck, throw Great Stirrup Cay in! Give us another beach day! Mis it up a little! Need to offer Eastern/Western/Southern combos with price enticements.

Edited by Ultragirl26
add further comments

*on ships with Margaritaville at Sea have at least one jimmy buffett trivia.

*i love the guy fieri burgers on carnival. copy that!

*one more entertainment channel on room tv. or travel channel. i hate the news channels.

*lemme have some good coffee as part of the ubp. and spring water.

*how about sports memorabilia auction? the art print auctions baffle me, unless they are hand marked or signed. otherwise....its a frickin print°°

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

More pools on the mega ships! 4.000 people fighting for 1 main pool and a kid's pool is cray! I hate to say it, but RCL really has something going with it's (mostly)adults only Solarium and multiple pools. I'd love to see a "family Haven" area with exclusive access to some family friendly features that didn't break the bank. I'd love to try Haven some time but a) it's expesnive and b) I wouldn't necessarily feel comfortable taking my younger kids there as we would spend most of our time in the more kid friendly areas. If we stay in the Haven, we want to enjoy our time there. ;)

We like the food and entertainment for the most part. Wouldn't really change much there.

Yes, all the mega ships added was decks and decks and decks of balcony and mini-suite rooms. Didn't increase the common areas. NCL Escape is the only ship I had to wait to be seated in a general dining room. We enjoyed community dining on Holland America, met and made some great friends doing this!

They should find a place to have a wall of cubbie hole style lockers on the pool decks. Basically open shelving units to put sunscreen, shoes and towels while you swim or use watersides. I think less people would hoard chairs if their were other options to store belongings by the pool. When I bring the family to the water-slides I usually grab a chair solely for our stuff.

They should find a place to have a wall of cubbie hole style lockers on the pool decks. Basically open shelving units to put sunscreen, shoes and towels while you swim or use watersides. I think less people would hoard chairs if their were other options to store belongings by the pool. When I bring the family to the water-slides I usually grab a chair solely for our stuff.
Oooh, that's a good one!

Also trying to recall if they even have draft beer on the ship?? I remember getting a bottle every time.

I got draft beer at O’Sheehan’s and at Maltings on Breakaway. Obviously Escape and (now Bliss) have extensive draft beer choices at The District Brewhouse

*how about sports memorabilia auction? the art print auctions baffle me, unless they are hand marked or signed. otherwise....its a frickin print°°

I agree but the art actions have huge profit margins...but maybe they could add sports memorabilia and attract a wider audience (and with their buying power I am assuming they can still make those 80%+ profit margins).

A better coffee bar - frappuccino type drinks that are much better (in line with Starbucks, etc.) The current ones aren't worth paying for in general.

A coffee card program like Princess

I am willing to pay for a good coffee drink (after all, I do at home too) but NCL doesn't do a good job of this yet. (At least on the older ships)

Love the adult only specialty dining after a certain time or on rotating days.

There are 3 main dining rooms, why can't one be adults 18 and over only?

There are only two MDRs on most ships. They are quite different in decor etc. It would certainly be a major negative for us if we couldn’t go to the aft dining room because we have our son with us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

THAT is another excellent idea and wouldn't cost much at all. Since we have no interest in hanging out on the deck when traveling without a group we pretty much do the same thing when using the hot tubs. Put benches near the cubbies and you have a place to sit down for shoes and such. Perfect for those of us who don't need a chair for anything other than a stuff holder.

Better prices. Just off the getaway and purchased a cruise cert. that means I have 2 in my ncl bank now

But since I'm still in the 30 day cancellation period I'm seriously considering getting a refund for the one I just bought

The prices are outrageous for the cruises and even though I just turned gold latitudes I will look elsewhere for cruising

I'm not giving up or spacing cruises further out because ncl has raised their fares by what I consider a ridiculous amount

Sorry but if I paid $750 a person this past spring break there is no way $1250 a person for next spring break is justified a year out for 2019

This is not covering your costs ncl plus a profit....this is price gouging to see who will bite..or perhaps it's just ncl throwing a dart at a price and waiting to see what suckers take the bait so to speak

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I wish NCL does the longer 10-14 day cruises out of NYC in the Spring/Fall like what they do during the Winter months.

They do a 14 day cruise on the Dawn out of Boston in October.

I would love to see Charleston, S.C. added to some of the Boston or NY--Bermuda cruises. Doing so would add a lovely port to this itinerary, and lengthen a too short 7 day cruise to 8 or 9 days.

Bring back the pillow chocolates at turn down time.

Bring back the chocolates for Platinum passengers.

Somebody suggested other sized bottles of water to be sold. I would like to see 16 or 20 oz. bottles. More convenient than 1 ltr.

Interesting guest lecturers..

I love the idea of alternating adult only hrs. for the specialty restaurants. This will give parents the opportunity to share the specialty experience with young kids at early hours, or on evenings when it's open to all.

We should mention all of our ideas to the staff at meet & greets and get them implemented.