Aurora R720P sea days

P-L-B

Just wondering.

Are we likely to have a Chocolate Buffet and an Ice Carving Demonstrastion on our sea days during our cruise? (5 sea days)

Also, can you ask for a table for four when taking afternoon tea in the restaurant or are you seated at a larger table ?

Just wondering.

Are we likely to have a Chocolate Buffet and an Ice Carving Demonstrastion on our sea days during our cruise? (5 sea days)

Also, can you ask for a table for four when taking afternoon tea in the restaurant or are you seated at a larger table ?

I've never known P&O to do ice carving demonstrations. Only time I've seen one was on RCI. P&O do have a chocolate buffet, usually on a sea day towards the end of the cruise, but the one on our cruise this year was very poor and they seem to a) be scaling them back considerably and b) hardly advertising them at all. I'm not a chocoholic, but my son is and he was very disappointed with the offering this year compared to one on Azura 4 years previously.

I've never known P&O to do ice carving demonstrations. Only time I've seen one was on RCI. P&O do have a chocolate buffet, usually on a sea day towards the end of the cruise, but the one on our cruise this year was very poor and they seem to a) be scaling them back considerably and b) hardly advertising them at all. I'm not a chocoholic, but my son is and he was very disappointed with the offering this year compared to one on Azura 4 years previously.

Thanks for the reply.

Interesting to hear about you not experiencing a P&O Ice Carving Demonstration.

We have been to ice carving demonstrations on two previous P&O cruises. It’s fascinating to see the skill involved and what can be created from a block of ice. They usually do them on the Lido deck. Actually come to think of it, I seem to remember that they were poorly advertised.

I am a bit of a Chocoholic so usually end up going but do agree that they appear to be poorer than they used to be and I think we only found out by chance on our last cruise.

Looks like we will have to carefully check out the Horizon to see if they get a mention during the cruise.

Indecently, I was asking because we will be traveling with my Daughter and Partner this time and it will be there first cruise and was hoping they would have the opportunity to experience these events. :)

We did have ice carving on the Aurora world cruise in 2015. I don't take much notice of these events but I remember that one. I've never attended the chocoholics, I tried once but there was such a queue I decided not to bother.

More recently, the Chocoholics Buffet has been presented as Chocoholics Afternoon Tea in the buffet restaurant. It certainly doesn't seem to be as extensive as previously but should satisfy a chocolate craving. I have seen ice carvings but not really noticed them on my last couple of cruises.

We did have ice carving on the Aurora world cruise in 2015. I don't take much notice of these events but I remember that one. I've never attended the chocoholics, I tried once but there was such a queue I decided not to bother.

To a true chocoholic the site of a couple of chocolate fountains and other chocolate goodies can be irresistible and worth the queue.:D:D

The Dawn French Vicar of Dibley chocolate fountain sketch springs to mind !! :D

Just noticed that no-one (including me) has answered your question re Afternoon Tea in the main restaurant. You will be able to ask for a table for 4 and there are plenty of them.

Thanks Andrew,

We have not taken afternoon tea on our recent previous cruises so the 4 of us will look forward to doing that soon on our next cruise. :)

We asked for a table on our own on Aurora in May and it was refused. We were seated on a table with others who were already well through the tea which, along with the underwhelming food, meant that we didn’t bother again.

That's a very unfortunate experience selbourne that we would not be happy with :eek:

I will ask our waiter on the first night what the arrangements are regarding afternoon tea.

We don't want to be in a position of having to decline being taken to a large table for our afternoon tea.:o

I can, however, confirm that the Glass House on Aurora is superb and a lovely way to while away a few hours. In fact, we are in there now as I type this reply. Try the Peller Ice Cuvée if you fancy a change from the usual fizz options.

I can, however, confirm that the Glass House on Aurora is superb and a lovely way to while away a few hours. In fact, we are in there now as I type this reply. Try the Peller Ice Cuvée if you fancy a change from the usual fizz options.

Cheers, :champagne-toast: thanks for the advice.

Enjoy your cruise :D

Absolutely agree I'd rather go to the Glass House and have one of the wine flights than afternoon tea. In fact because we have dinner at 6.30 we've never had afternoon tea.

To a true chocoholic the site of a couple of chocolate fountains and other chocolate goodies can be irresistible and worth the queue.:D:D

The Dawn French Vicar of Dibley chocolate fountain sketch springs to mind !! :D

I love chocolate but I'm never hungry enough to join a huge queue not even for chocolate.:halo:

During my last cruise on Ventura we went down for the start of afternoon tea and asked for a table for 2 but were told we needed to share a table of 8. It all seemed a little rushed and in my opinion just as nice as afternoon tea from the buffet.

Thanks for the advice.

Yes, I must admit that the thought of taking afternoon tea in the restaurant is now becoming a less attractive option. :(

Yes, but the secret is to get there early enough to be first in the queue then there's no problem. ;p:D

I'm never first in the queue on a ship for anything. I'm always scared of being crushed by the mob behind me always wanting to get there first.;)

Chocolate fountains,ice sculptures or watching paint dry!

Difficult!

They have got some nice colour paints these days!clear.png?emoji-cool-1690

Actually on one of our previous cruises they had a bed making demonstration and then a competition on who could make a bed correctly in the shortest time.

Needless to say we didn't feel that we had the enthusiasm to get involved :D:D

I'm never first in the queue on a ship for anything. I'm always scared of being crushed by the mob behind me always wanting to get there first.;)

Actually, I agree with you, but don't tell anyone else. :D:D