"LIVE" from Allure of the Seas / May 22, 2011

Hello everyone ! Welcome to “LIVE” from Allure of the Seas !

Yes, I know it is a little early, but today is the day that I begin my journey. I will head down to Lorton, VA to board the AutoTrain today.We then have a 995 mile trip down to Sanford, FLL where I will arrive tomorrow morning. (I should be able to post from AutoTrain).

I will have a 4 Hour drive down to the Hyatt Pier 66, where I will spend my pre cruise night before I board the Allure of the Seas on Sunday Morning. The forecast for this weekend in South Florida is nice with sunny skies, and warm temps (88F)

For those of you who are new to Cruise Critic. . . This will be more than a Cruise Ship trip report. Many of you who are aware of my “LIVE” reports know that I will be posting daily comments and reports on the Allure of the Seas, with daily photos of the public areas, lounges, and events. I will try to get some photos of all of the Entertainment, Sports, and some “Behind the Scenes” images as well.

There will also be comments and photos of the ports of call during the week. I am hoping that my Internet connection will be reliable, as I will require a stable connection to post photos throughout the week. I try to post at least 12 -18 photos per day of what’s happening on board, and in the ports.(Once I board the Ship)

I will be on the Western Caribbean Itinerary this week, and we will visit Labadee,Haiti - Falmouth, Jamaica and Cozumel. I am really looking forward to visiting Falmouth, since the port has recently opened. . . I want to see what is officially opened there.

I know that I started my “LIVE” post a little early, but I couldn’t wait to start another post, and another Cruise. I really enjoy offering day to day commentary, and I am very happy to be sailing on Allure of the Seas. . . I sailed on Oasis of the Seas in January 2011 and I had a great time.

I think this will be a fun cruise, so sit back relax, and enjoy the ride. . . .

Radio

;);)

Allure of the Seas

AL18.JPG

Image Courtesy of Royal Caribbean Cruises LTD

AL9.JPG

Image Courtesy of Royal Caribbean Cruises LTD

Edited by Radio

Hey, I am the first to reply. I feel honored. I am especially interested in your reports, as I will be doing the the Western on Allure's sister ship the Oasis in July. Have a great trip. Stay safe and enjoy.

Note: Guess Oceanboy found you when I did, and posted his reply while I was typing mine. Second place ain't too bad.

Edited by sleepless

Fantastic! I wanted to be on a cruise instead of at work next week, and this will be (almost) like being there. I hope you will be posting info and photos about the AutoTrain - I would love to know what it is like and whether you think it is worth the money.

Good morning my friend. I wish you a safe and wonderful trip.

We; DW, DS and a whole slew of others, are awaiting your reports that we all love so well. Please give Mrs. Radio an extra peck on the cheek from us.

Looking so much forward for this report because our first Allure cruise will be later on this year and we do the Western itinerary also.

I think this will be a fun cruise, so sit back relax, and enjoy the ride. . . .

Have a wonderful cruise! :) I'm ready to enjoy the ride.... :D

Yeah....another "Live from" you are the best in doing these along with Trainman- I so much enjoy reading and looking forward to all of your posts!! This is such a selfless and kind gesture you do for all of us here that wait inbetween cruises and just long for someone's personal journey on their cruise!! Thanks so much again for all you do to make these posts so informing and enjoyable!!

Our 23rd wedding anniversary is on Sunday the day you leave...and I have to work :( But our big trip is next year to the Mediterranean so we are very much looking forward to that!!

Hope you have an awesome trip....we REALLY want to book the Allure also as we were on the Inaugural sailing of Oasis and it was simply the best trip we've ever taken!! Have a great trip!!!

Hi Radio!!!! I am so excited you are doing another "LIVE" review. I really look forward to your cruises!!(and Trainman)!!! Thank you for taking time out of your vacation to do this. Like a previous poster, I too, am interested in the Auto Train. If you don't mind, maybe one or two pics from that?

Thanks again and have a wonderful week!!

Michelle

Thanks for the smile this morning and I suspect it'll be plastered on my face throughout next week as I read your review. I love your style of writing, photos and videos, with each comes great expectations and wonderful things to look forward to as we await our moment to sail. Thanks for keeping us in mind! Enjoy your vacation Radio.

So glad you posted information today. Now all my freinds can follow us for the week. Looking forward to seeing you on Saturday. Then on the ship with M & M plus other times. I have a drink ready for you when you want it on the ship. See you Saturday:)

Thank you for taking the time to give us a wonderful review....I know it will be wonderful since they always are! With all the rain we have been experiencing in Ohio, I need a exciting week in the Caribbean! Have a great cruise!